3 Day Canyon Trip for Tuna/Swords

Get-togethers and fun events
Occams Razor

3 Day Canyon Trip for Tuna/Swords

Post by Occams Razor »

Hi All:

Just thought I would toss this idea out . I just returned from a three day canyon trip for Yellow and Tuna. Had a ball even though the weather forced the warm water break so far south that the take was zero. But that is not the case the majority of the time.

So the idea being thrown out there is to organize a AAB 3 day canyon trip next fall in MA. The trip will be a limited charter of about 27 individules. I suggest one of two major head boats in the area. Either Yankee Capts ot the Helen H. Here is the scoop though . The food on the Yankee Capts is awsome ! However the Helen H is a 100 foot all Alloy super cruiser (can we say alloy !

Now I am going either way but I just thought it would be something different to get the AAB group out on the edge....

Interest so far...

1. Occams Razor
2. Alloy Toy

Any other possible interest ?
Challenge
Donator 08, 09,10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Re: 3 Day Canyon Trip for Tuna/Swords

Post by Challenge »

I'm a long shot maybe..... 4 kids under 7 ;-)(
Please keep me posted, I think it is a great idea!

Rick
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

I could do it.
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Ayyyyy !

we got some interest going !

1 Occams Razor
2 Alloy Toy
3 Challenge
4 21 CC

Keep coming ! Even if we don't make a full charter we can still be mostly AAB !
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

What's the cost to Charter the boat for the weekend ?
OR
Cost per head if ya split a Charter ?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Welder:

For a 3 day Canyon trip we are looking at $460.00 per for one trip I am eying. This provider has a nice vessel and great food on board !

Now there are two other providers in the area that I highly recomend and they run from $460 to 510 . The Big Alloy ship is cheaper during the week and full price on the weekend.

Now the 460 blow out trip is a 29 person max (27 with two reserves) so if we take the whole trip it would be 13,300 or so.

You want to put some ideas together ? Maybe talk to a certain captain ?
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

You East Coast guys just NEED to put together a ALLOY GET TOGETHER , ya never know who might show up.

Pacific
Blacklab
Rocksalt

Guys I'm talking ....................Alloy Armada of the east coast .
Lester,
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Welder :

Hey brother I am game and we got perfect area for it ! We can meet , fish beavertail, Block Island , Cuttyhunk ....its all within 15 miles of each other on the water.

We have
Tin Cup
Alloy Toy
21 CC
Occams Razor
and a few others in the area !

It could be done easily I believe ....
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

Post by aluminumdreamer »

I'm in on an alloy get together, I'm on the Cape and could get to one around here.

I would love to participate in the head boat canyons trip, but I've got small kids, and don't know if that would possible. But you never now, maybe by next summer I'll get my wife to sign the permission slip.

Nate. :banghead:
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

O.R. , y'all just need to plan the get together about 3 months ahead of time . The hardest part is picking a date that all can attend.
The charter guys can just tell their crew that they get a BBQ Supper that day and get to get in on the FUN.

Our west coast get together was great , a few of the guys donated some cool stuff [ Sponsored and home made ] .

I know it's hard for you East Coast guys to get along with each other :rotfl: BUT HEY, the West Coast is UP BY TWO !
Lester,
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Hey buddy Back Off !

Its a Yankee's - Red Sox thing Get it ! ( east coast guys don't get along ).

Well I am centrally located in RI and I have a large park with outdoor picknick and B q park wit one of the finest ramps in RI and enough room for many many big rig trailers.

I know nearly all the ramps in RI and this one is the best and biggest by a good sum

Maybe a fluke opening weekend event ?

Guys a Canyon trip in the tuna months end of August , Sept , Oct are not for everyone. This last trip I was on spent the majority of time in 12 -15 foot seas and being on a 100 footer is like being on our skiffs on a 6 - 8 day. Some people cannot tolerate it . I thought one guy was going to die really ! I never saw a person barf so many times in 24 hours in my life ! Just some food for thought. I know us Alloy guys are hard core .....
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Sox's and Yank's BBQ brawl....... Interesting Idea.... just video tape it for me.
:nutkick: :hammer: :deadhorse: :skillet: :deadhorse: :nutkick: :hammer: :skillet:

Afterword's pound a few :beer: and laugh at the plastic boaters.

Personally was hoping for a Marty McMillan Memorial get together type theme. Who knows maybe a couple of us left coasters may show up.

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiffs
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Alloy Brothers:

I guess its all a new idea in my area......the more people the better and we can start throwing ideas around.

Canyon trip is for those who would like to attend together.....3 days out 100 feet gets small and the hard cores like myself fish the wee hours into to sun up and have breakfast and hit the sac for the late day jigging and back into the wee hours again. hard core guys get about 7 hours sleep during the 3 days...

A weekend planned get together would be great for all........Everyone start tossing ideas and then we can see where then go from there.
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

Fluke fishing around RI sounds good to me. I'm under gunned in the towing dept. but I've got a buddy with a duramax that is just itching to tow my boat. One way or another I would get my old alloy sled to RI for an all out alloy show down. Or a June striper trip in Cape Cod bay?

I say some sort of meet and greet needs to take place, gotta put some faces with all these names.

Nate.
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

Well if we do June, please not the 11th. I have to weld on the ball and chain that day. Ya know!!!
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Occams Razor wrote: one of the finest ramps in RI and enough room for many many big rig trailers
RI has fine ramps.....where?? :rotfl: :rotfl: You mean there is a RI ramp without broken pavement that one trailer wheel falls into & broken docks with nails and lag bolts sticking out, and a spot you can park a truck with a trailer????? :beer:

Oh and the Sani cans......never mind :mrgreen:
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

Allens Harbor, $20 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We could do a Boston Harba meet up. Reserve an island spot through DCR and cook something up make it a more family event. Could even get tents and stay over night, and get some night stripera fishing in. This could also get some of the local guys with 10 potters to put traps out. Maybe Capt. G would save the cod and haddock racks for bait. We would just need to bring wood to burn for camp fires. A group site is $25. cheap!

http://www.bostonislands.com/
http://www.bostonislands.com/camping_gen.html
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

I've got the firewood under control. Overnight sounds like a good idea. I've got ten pots I'll bring along, never been up that way, but I'm game.

Nate.
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

Would this be something better for everyone? I would like to hear everyone thoughts and ideas.
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Alloy !

Yes there is (ramp that is not for ****!)

I will take some photos for this ramp park are and post them......
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

Well here is a map of ramps in RI.

Please show us one, and not a private ramp.
http://www.exploreri.org/mapper2.php
Tin Cup
Donator10, 22

Post by Tin Cup »

The ramp OC is referring to is Haines Memorial State Park in Barrington in Bullock Cove. This would be a great facility for a 1 day gathering. Nice ramp with a two lanes and docks on either side. Also large picnic grounds with cooking pits.

I love the camping on the Boston Harbor Islands idea, count me in with a family of 4.

Following is a link to a google map with some public ramps and tackle shops tagged, coincidentally Haines is the first ramp listed...
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 469177&z=9
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Hi All !

Hi Erik great to hear from you again. As Erik exsplained Haines Memorial Park is a large facility. How big ? Well Erik will be able to tell you that both his Truck and his 20 and my truck and 26 easily fit side by side of the enterance road with room to spare. The parking lot is large for a state ramp and you can easily park rigs like ours (truck and trailer for a 26) easily.
The ramp is simply the best in the state ! Double sided , docks on each side . Its deep enough to launch very large boats and I have seen trailered 40s dipped in at this ramp. Very nice facility and I must admit I am spoiled by it.

I will get photos as soon as possible if you guys are interested.
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Is this where you are talking about????????

Beautiful looking place....... Us So Cal types do not get to see much greenery and trees. evey inch would be strip malls and million dollar homes.

Take care
Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

I prefer this ramp :rotfl:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic