First Striper Run event ?

Get-togethers and fun events
21ftcc
Donator '09

Re: First Striper Run event ?

Post by 21ftcc »

I was doing some research and I'm getting kind of P.O'd about the new fishing licence(s).

Mass $10
RI $10
NH $15
ME $15

So that's $50 dollars just to fish in state waters and federal waters for a year.?? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Better yet the money for the license is gonna be used to employ people to enforce YOU!!! Not to build artificial reefs, better ramps, better docks.......we're gonna buy boats and create jobs for someone to keep an eye on US!!! That's what I gather from the whole thing :skillet:
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

AT,

Yeah I was reading that too. But just think the money we spent on the big dig also included a few reefs. In undisclosed locations. Still got that link I sent you a while back?
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

21ftcc wrote:AT,

Yeah I was reading that too. But just think the money we spent on the big dig also included a few reefs. In undisclosed locations. Still got that link I sent you a while back?
I think I may have lost it when my PC crashed a few months back but.....can you send that again :arrow: Have you fished any on the Jamestown Bridge debris piles?
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

Occams razor what kind of boat is that in the pic? Alloytoy you gotta love how the state uses our money, they built three ramps in Fairhaven used our tax money to build it and the town gets the fee's, can I become a town? Kind of starting to feel like the guy in Deliverance!
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

I have not fished the old James town bridge. Most of the time when I am around there; there is a DEM boat around checking everyone.
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Clambo ......26 Pacific CC set up with the CC centered on the floor. Light and fast .....gets me to my jigging spots weather its flat or nasty .

So they are going to watch us out there.......Hmmmmmmmm
MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

Any update on when this might take place? :beer:
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Hi All !

Looks like bait is building. Birds pickin at bait up near Electric CO.

I just wish this damn rain would knock that crap off. It screws the water exchange all up !

If the docks here were in I would start tossin plastics myself to see what there

Working on getting docks in a Heins ASAP. Any handi capped folks should call and that helps get it done Pronto !

Heins park is a wheel chair access ramp so the Gov makes sure its open when called ! :thumbsup:

Honestly I think any time it could break now, we get some nice sunny days and I bet shorts will be hooked.

I have yet to see and bots beside that Contender I saw a week ago. I'll keep ya posted.
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

I'm mentally handicapped does that count???
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

You run that buy em and let me know

Be carefull they don't pul the Reg ob the boat !
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Hi All !

It's time ! The stripers are here in the Ganny . Large bunker have taken hold in Prov and the water temp is mid fifties.

Cannot get more perfect than that ! Fly guys are showing in numbers in the Barrington river too.

Haines Park docking system is all back together . Come partake in in the fun :thumbsup:

If any want to meet for a Alloy striper meet I would say this is the time. Before the onslought !

Local launching at Heines Park, Bold point and Fox point. Any interest lets just do it ...........

Fluke season is a comin !
MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

Occams Razor wrote:Hi All !

It's time ! The stripers are here in the Ganny . Large bunker have taken hold in Prov and the water temp is mid fifties.

Cannot get more perfect than that ! Fly guys are showing in numbers in the Barrington river too.

Haines Park docking system is all back together . Come partake in in the fun :thumbsup:

If any want to meet for a Alloy striper meet I would say this is the time. Before the onslought !

Local launching at Heines Park, Bold point and Fox point. Any interest lets just do it ...........

Fluke season is a comin !

I would be interested if it is during the week, as I said before anyone attending leaving from north of Boston I would be interested in convoying.
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Occam,

Two questions:
1) Squid-anything showing off Newport yet?
2) Directio0ns to the launch you are talking about or a link.

Thx.
AT
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I had to watch "City Limits fishing with Mike Icconelli " to get some fill of Striper fishing up there in the Boston area.

So don't forget the camera's and "partake" in photo-journalism for us.
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Hi All !

I think that if everyone is coming south on 95 or west on 195 Fox point would be the absolute shortest ramp to use.

Water is not at all clean ! Its not like being outside with the clear blue/green water.

Plus thing is the menhaden is in heavy and they are of good size :thumbsup:

Where there is bunker there is stripers ....... :thumbsup:

Alloy: Waiting to here from blount about squid ......Their first Fluke and squid trips start this weekend.

I am kind of peeved because I have to wait till the 22nd before I can hook Sea Bass . Why bother opening Fluke but not sea

bass :hammer: Get you six keeper doormats and then go to a wreck and hook some tasty sea bass.

Would be nice to get the Alloy gang together for fun........

Guy motored up next to me in a 22ft Hydro and asked "How big is that monster?" I am so used to the Razor I don't realize

its size compared to the normal bay boats. :thumbsup:
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Haines Park:

Haines park is located off of 114 of 195 in Barrington /East Providence line.

Beautiful park with great ramp and plenty of parking and lots of picknick area..

If we want to have a picknick like event I sugest Haines Park instead.
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

Are we planning something or ??
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Ok Guy's :

Lets all get on board and put our heads together and lay down a plan.

If we just want to fish and then run home I would suggest just launching out of Providence at the Fox point launch ramp.

If we would like to have a picknick with kids and family maybe ......then I would highly suggest the Heines Park .

The ramp is the best in the state, we can launch two Alloy's at once ! With a dock on each side ! Whew the photos !

There is a beautiful park to cook outside here and benches to rest and shoot the stories :thumbsup:

Either is very easy get too off 195 .

We all will draw a crowd at Heines Park. Every alloy that graces the ramp always does. Well take up a major space in the

parking lot and it will be photo time ! Have a personal friend that has a floating Tiki hut in the cove . We could take some

photos of all the alloy around that :thumbsup: That would get a laugh

Just some suggestions.
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

Post by aluminumdreamer »

Currently my boat doesn't float, so unfortunately I will not be attending. :banghead:

Nate
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

Nate, you can always ride with me
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Hi All !

Ok here is the fishy scoop. Linesides in the 30 inch range are running normal. Lots of catch and release going on.

Fluke have shown up off Matunic though they are sluggish. Buddy took his rec limit no problem yesterday.

Alloy ! Good news for you ......Blount says the squid have shown up.....good size too. Saw some photos .....

High wind advisory later today and Moms day so I am going to sit this weekend out...

More and more boats showing up in the Providence river too. Night chunkers are starting to dig in.....

The water is still filthy ......
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Does anyone catch Stripers, take photos of them and the surroundings of such an EVENT. I guess the word is event, because that's what it is, kinda like a Volcano. A cataclismic event to see a set of persons holding some dead fishez, that is recent and not old scanned photos of back when.

OH yeah :hammer: :hammer: that's what I'm doing :!:
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Jetty:

Sorry ......All the guys I know are all about catch and release this early in the season.

I myself do not keep any Stripers myself that are cought in the bay. I will take a cow once in a great while while

slinging snakes out at Block but that is it .

I would not worry about it too much ....does not look like this event is going to get off the ground any time soon.

Good news is the Stripers are really showing in strong numbers early , so it looks to be a good season for those

who chase the pinstripe rockfish......
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic