Alaska What a Country!!!!!

Get-togethers and fun events
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Re: Alaska What a Country!!!!!

Post by mojomizer »

It is kind of funny turning a left handed conventional reel. It does not bother me on a spinner but on a conventional I am a klutz. So goofing off I drop a Sabiki rig down. Thump thump thump I get bit. I start to crank the reel and it pops out of the reel seat. I quickly grab the reel in-case the line breaks and SpoiledOnes reel heads for the deep. Welder always helpful helps me attach the reel to the rod. It pops out again???????

Giving up it becomes a Texas Two Step. Welder winding and I with the rod. Us two grown men laughing like a pair of seven year olds pulling a prank on Holloween.

Working in synchronicity we manage to pull in a pair of Quillback Rockish.

Hey Welder my fish is bigger than yours.

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Mojo, size has nothing to do with it . :rotfl:

That was some FUN, yeah, Five 7 year olds on a boat for almost a week , I'm ready to do it again. :beer:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

"Care package" handed off to UPS this afternoon. Ten pound package on the way. :thumbsup:

Mojo is gonna have all kinds of stuff to try. :highfive:
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

That is what is so great about the AAB community ask a question and get more than just a answer. Thank You Lucky Louie :thumbsup: I look forward to putting a little Cajun Mojo in my cookin :highfive:. Any recommendations on a Beverage to serve up with :mrgreen:

Ok grab a beer or favorite beverage I am in Alloy Central.

SpoiledOnes Boat is freaking awesome. About as perfect as you can get in Alaska country. Patience is a fishermans wetdream. Roomy 4 big guys and a Sumo fit without any hassles. Cooking up great food easy with his Stove and oven. The BBQ outside perfection. Pot puller and fishing room to spare what a stable fishing platform. The Patience was on rails...... when she tookTight turns... Smooth and quick. I literally had goose bumps.

Cheshire Cat grin and I know why :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: SpoiledOne nicely done sir, Well played.

I was able to drive her for a brief turn. Watch out Asian sitting at the helm made for giants. If you ever seen a car from the rear with a little Asian grandma behind the wheel ...... that is probably what it looked like. Is that boat on Auto pilot???????

Happy but nervous going through a place Called Dangerous Passage.

Whittier Alloy as far as the eye can see.

Even ACB types.

Docks immaculate :thumbsup: What a view just launching.

At the Ramp.

Docked.

Side of buildings.

On the water.

Glacier Craft Boats Everywhere.

Kenny gave me a bag of shrimp to post a couple of Inflatable Rubber ones :rotfl:

Next up Funny Miscellaneous Pics.

Hope you are enjoying

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Mark , these are GREAT keep them coming .

:popcorn:
Lester,
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

welder wrote:Mark , these are GREAT keep them coming .

YEP!! :thumbsup:
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

Lucky Louie wrote:"Care package" handed off to UPS this afternoon. Ten pound package on the way. :thumbsup:

Mojo is gonna have all kinds of stuff to try. :highfive:
Uh-oh! :shocked:

I see from the tracking log the package left Mesquite, TX just after midnight yesterday. No updates since. I hope Welder and Daddy-O didn't do a old fashioned hold up of the big brown truck when it was passing thru their neck of the woods.......
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

You know that Dynamic Duo of Texans known as the Raccoon gang would Shanghai that batch of Cajun goodies, if they get wind of it.................................. I am relieved and excited that the goodies made it to Vernon California. Ouuuuuuwie I can smell the cookin's. :thumbsup: The award winning dessert too :clap:

I thought I liked fresh Sushi....... Kenny must have Norwegian in him. He did bring good luck to the shrimping though. :rotfl: Enter that Man in "Fear Factor"

He sure loved his shrimp

Now thats fresh. I thought you had to pinch the heads to get the intestines out????????

Oh my god Becky :shocked: Those octopus's tenticals would wriggle and still try to suction cup you 24 hours after they have been removed.

Though I was excited to have fresh Salmon for dinner :thumbsup:

A wise Man Once Said, Though I cannot recall word for word. "Grown Men are basically 7 year olds when not in the presence of our wives." 5 Seven year olds were unleashed on Prince William Sound.

The other thing I learned was never leave your Camera un-attended. When amongst Seven year olds.

Lo and behold, who Took This Picture. I have a good Idea........... Fess up :sarge: :rotfl: .

Now add a few favorite Beverages??????????

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Hey, BLING KING......Great pics.

You have BLOWN all records of photo's ever taken.

Love all those alloy pics.

Yeah, the best rod tubes are always some PVC or the like. And cheap too.

Keep'em coming.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

What happens on the boat, stays on the boat.

:joecool:
Lester,
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Jetty the picture were a contribution from all of the crew. Welder has a good eye for photography.

LuckyLouie Great days, the package has landed......repeat the package has landed. One small culinary step for Mojo one giant leap for flavor.

Actually Kenny is a Sushi aficionado ahead of the curve. He was cool enough to pose in the photo's much like in "Deadliest Catch" He was gracious in serving up Ama Ebi "Sweet Shrimp" Patience Style :thumbsup:

90% of the shrimp Caught up North is destined to the Japanese Sushi Market at very high Market prices. Funny I just read a article about Ama Ebi and it had our AAB thread terminology in it :mrgreen: A wierd and strange coincidence.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/54554

As for the Octopus. In Sushi resturaunts "Tako" is a popular on the menu. You could not get it any fresher or cleaner than the deep clean waters of Prince William Sound.

Any AAB followers in Japan would be eating the computer screen :rotfl:

Grade school Antics........... Teacher SpoiledOne teaching the proper way to head and tail shrimp.

I was wondering why my Hair and clothes smelled of shrimp???????? :clap: Well Played Sir.

Man those Texan's have a large Crabs problem :shocked:

Captain SpoileOne's self portrait "Who me mischievous????"

"Put it there pal" the new Hope and Crosby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mAnN2ERn6w

Mutiny averted on the "Patience" Cofee Maker on the fritz........ With the concentratration of a Michael Jordan it is repaired??????? At least for one more pot.

All this Hijinx and fishing adventure has made the crew tired......... we are near the end of our Journey. :titanic:

Kenny Face Plant.

Daddy'O dreaming of World Conquest or "his next joke"......... I wondered where MY PILLOW WENT!!!!!

Next Joke as he rolls over.

Again scarred for life!!!!!

Texas football in Shambles......... Welder Sleeping around on his Team. "Yeah yeah yeah what happens on the Boat." The Texas Enquirer paid me a bunch.

Well that was my Mojo mix.

....................... Unless you want to see some amazing Alaska Scenery?????????

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

Good stuff there, Mojo. The coffee pot is in fact operational. It has cycled through several pots flawlessly! :thumbsup: Still raining up here. We are setting records. The shrimp are still around. We put 30+pounds of shrimp tails in the boat in two pulls as well as a dozen and a half fresh sockeye. Great weekend!
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

700+ pictures..................You can't be done Son...

:thumbsup:
Lester,
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

SpoiledOne Shrimping and Sockeye Salmon............... Nice :thumbsup: How do you go about catching one of the tastiest Salmon in the world? In the river or at the mouth of a river where they congregate? Net or fly? Nice to be living up in Spoiled One territory............ :mrgreen: Thanks for letting us on the "Outside" experience your sand box for a week :thumbsup:

http://www.libertarianpunk.com/2010/03/ ... skan-when/

Rain in the Northern Rain forests setting records ...... That is saying something. In So. Cal water temps are down and unusual cool weather. We are still waiting for Summer to happen. The tuna and Albacore have not shown up in numbers so I cannot send a Tuna package your way.

Got something for the kids????????????????????

Lucky Louie Shrimp Gumbo tonight. It is strange I smell Smoked Salmon when I opened the box. All the goodies to try. Now I have to go Catch some Catfish for a Fish Fry and Hush Puppies. MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm.

Welder dunno I do not have any of the 700 that are post worthy. Seems I am beginning to bore the masses.

"Binky Rules"

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
waterdog247
Donator '10, '12, '13

Post by waterdog247 »

mojomizer wrote:Welder dunno I do not have any of the 700 that are post worthy. Seems I am beginning to bore the masses.
mojo, I beg the differ. I am stuck in the Philippines for the next 5 months, and am living vicariously through this thread!!! :clap: Please continue!
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Waterdog247, Been meaning to welcoming you to AAB and Giving You Great Thanks in Serving our Country for 25 years :thumbsup: I also appreciate that you have participated and posted some great topics.

I was a bit confused with you being from Zamboanga Philippines, the diver flags. The artistic Orcas. But now it all ties in together. I bet you have some amazing pictures of your travels above and below the water line. Diving has been difficult for me.............. equalizing my ears is difficult...... even when I was flying on our Alaskan meet and greet.

I know my writing on the trip, has been a bit cheesy but I am having fun with it. I keep wondering when the other traveling band of merry makers were going to post some from their viewpoint of "The Alaska Trip"

I'll download a few of my favorites in a bit after I reformat them.

:beer: Cheers

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Mark , you are doing a AWESOME job of posting our Alaska trip. I don't think I can do it any justice by adding to your post or starting another.
When I read what you have posted and look at the pictures , it's like I am there again.

The fishing was GREAT and the Shrimping was AWESOME and Capt. Petes boat , well , it is the most AWESOME Alloy beast I have been on so far. I felt totally SAFE on Patience she is a VERY sturdy vessel and with Capt Pete at the Helm who could ask for more, his knowledge of the Sound, Sea life and other critters made the week even better.

Well , if our women were there or at least on another boat [ Guys vrs Gals meet and greet :mrgreen: ] would have been the only thing that made it better.

We keep telling Pete , THANK YOU but I also want to thank his Wife and Children for letting us take him for the week .

And maybe Tori wanted Pete out of the house , we might have done Her a favor . :rotfl:
Lester,
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

So, boys, when are you coming back? Kenny has some unfinished business unless he is planning on keeping his title as the halibut farmer. Plus I am wondering if Kenny had something to do with the foul smell in my water system. That boy ain't right! Mojo has several more recipes to test out. Daddy O, well, he has several more smart azzed comments to make and a few cold beverages to finish. Welder, heck, he doesn't need an excuse!

Thank you guys for a great trip! We didn't slay the fish by my standards, but I don't gauge the success of a fishing trip or hunt by the meat in the freezer. I think that the pictures shared here and some that haven't been, are what the memories will be about. Good stuff fellas. :highfive: :thumbsup:

Thank you guys! Perhaps next time some of the other AK boats can join us.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Next time some other AK boats WILL join us. :beer:

I thought we had Kenny cleaned out of the boat ! :shocked:
Lester,
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

So, boys, when are you coming back? Kenny has some unfinished business unless he is planning on keeping his title as the halibut farmer. Plus I am wondering if Kenny had something to do with the foul smell in my water system. That boy ain't right! Mojo has several more recipes to test out. Daddy O, well, he has several more smart azzed comments to make and a few cold beverages to finish. Welder, heck, he doesn't need an excuse!

Dang, that sounds like a invite .
Lester,
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

welder wrote:
Dang, that sounds like a invite .

Deja vu?

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Shaaaaaaaaaaaa Winnnnnnnnnnng

:beer:
Lester,
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Lucky Louie wrote:
mojomizer wrote:

NEED HELP WHO HAS A SHRIMP GUMBO RECIPE?????????

Filling the Soul

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
I sent ya a PM Mojo. I can fix ya up with a easy way to make a GOOD Gumbo. :thumbsup:

Right Welder???

(I fixed a bait of Gumbo when we were in Pensacola. I lost count of how many times he re-filled his bowl.... :rotfl: )
Not a gumbo but a dipping sauce that is great. My wife's recipe
One small clove of garlic
4 or 5 hot peppers (the small thai chilli type)
1 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
2 teaspoon of Lime juice
1/3 cup of water

smash the garlic and pepper and chop it real fine then stir in the rest of the ingredients.
add or subtract the peppers to suite your taste. once you start and it is a little to warm for your taste the only way to put the fire out in your mouth is to drink your beer and eat another shrimp dipped in the sauce
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

I finally got around reading Mark's Story Board for the upcoming Food Network"s Movie. "Cali Mark Can Cook". The food looked good but the fishing and weather looked great through the eyes of the camera. Big Butts and Lings are a hoot to catch and release. looking for the better grade. Beer batter fried both will melt in your mouth. Spot shrimp taste awesome. Try the dip I posted above for any remaining ones you all have left. I have a few years to go till I get back to Alaska to fish. Vacation and the desire to drive there with the Wife on a epic road trip pulling the boat and camper. (Need a new Truck). It does sound like you all had fun and enjoyed the trip. And Mark Sorry but you are a great author of a great epic trip report that we all enjoyed reading and living through your story
Thanks
John
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
waterdog247
Donator '10, '12, '13

Post by waterdog247 »

mojomizer wrote: I'll download a few of my favorites in a bit after I reformat them.
Thank you Mark for your warm welcome and including me like I was one of the guys! I must say that I belong to several other forums, (BD, THT) but this one sure makes me feel at home! I think I made a good choice!

I have been diving since 1983, and am a part time instructor at the Olympia Underwater Sports. My wife and I are looking forward to spending more time teaching and photographing underwater when I retire. Only 3 short years away! I am sorry to hear about your ears; I will post some picks on my gallery for you to enjoy!

Your writing is superb, and consistently brings a smile to my face. Combined with the pictures, I feel like I was there. All that's missing is the smell. OK, maybe with that many guys in one small space, I don't want to know about the smell. :!:

The tribal Orcas are by an artist in Oregon named Blaine Billman. He sketched them a few years ago. The small pick you see is only a portion of the whole. I had it made into a tattoo on my back as well. I was born and raised in Washington state, and if I had to live anywhere else, would chose to only move north.

I look forward to more pictures of your trip, and your colorful narrative!

:beer:
Jaime

P.S. Spent some time tonight adding to the gallery. I will post more whenever the internet is working better!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic