Alaska What a Country!!!!!

Get-togethers and fun events
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Alaska What a Country!!!!!

Post by mojomizer »

Thank you SpoiledOne for being such a gracious host. Your Alloy fishing platform Patience is a awesome machine. Fishing five Guys comfortably and in style. I have experienced Prince William Sound, Alaska that many have not. The memories I will cherish my whole life. Though many pictures taken few can sum up what Alaska means to me.

Lets start my perspective and story with this picture.

Thank You SpoiledOne :thumbsup:

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Re: Alaska What a Country!!!!!

Post by S L Dave »

Amazing picture Mojo!
I can't wait for the rest of the pictures to roll in.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

I know what you mean. Being a Captain for 7 weeks in Glacier Bay aboard Seawolf a 12 pax 94' wooded yacht and then with Cruise West in PWS for 10 more weeks...it is awesome! Can hardly wait to see your images! Glad you had such a good time. And I must commend your host for making the experience even better...that's our job! Capt PJ :thumbsup:
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

It was a good time for sure.

We ate very well. :beer:

Fresh Alaskan Spot sushi. :highfive:

It is hard to beat sipping Patron Margaritas served over 10,000 year old glacier ice. :thumbsup:

A perfect eating size flatty.

Too bad we weren't having any fun.

Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Man what a trip .....I gained 6 pounds in 7 days, it must have been the soft drinks.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

welder wrote:Man what a trip .....I gained 6 pounds in 7 days, it must have been the soft drinks.

I lost 4, but I will find them again. I always lose weight on the boat. I must be focused on other things...like fish!

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Lost 4 , maybe that's because you never sit still , you should be a Guide Pete because you are a Fishing Machine.
:beer:
Lester,
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

welder wrote:Lost 4 , maybe that's because you never sit still , you should be a Guide Pete because you are a Fishing Machine.
:beer:
Then it would be work! No thanks. I would rather fish with friends and family.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

I could not imagine fishing with four other finer gentlemen than these guys.

left to right.

Welder: No Bull Texan common sense and heart as big as the state he lives in. A top notch fisherman too boot.

DaddyO: The wit and observation skills of a comedian. He kept me in stitches laughing. Always laid back and not a mean bone in his body. I bet him and Farmer Jane are a hoot when together.

Kenny: Known him for 17 years always full of positive energy and exuberance. His knowledge in boating immense. Need something done and he is on top of it. We have always enjoyed ribbing each other when fishing together.

Mojomizer: Just me being me. I was tongue tied and awe struck by the beauty and immense natural resources of what is Alaska and the genuine non assuming hospitality of the SpoiledOne and his family.

SpoiledOne: The man with the plan and being executed to perfection. Beautiful Home and more beautiful family. He truly is "The Spoiled One" but I suspect he has earned every reward he has reaped :thumbsup:

Now on to dropping some shrimp pots and do a little fishing.

Super Dave every where I looked was a photo op. A good camera and plenty gigs of memory is a must in these neck of the woods is recommended.

Capt. PJ you are truly blessed to be able to cruise the PWS for 10 weeks. Was able to take the helm of the Patience for a bit.
I was on alert for under water obstacles . Not a place for novices navigating blindly. What a boat on handling listening to the twins purring along.

Inspired and Awed

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

welder wrote:Man what a trip .....I gained 6 pounds in 7 days, it must have been the soft drinks.

Pepsi will do that to ya I hear.... :rotfl:

Sounds like yall had one heck of a good time. :thumbsup:

Mark having spent some time around "Those two Texans" I got to say you have Welder and Daddy'O PEGGED! I've fished with Welder a few times and each time was very enjoyable. Seemed that ya just get to fishing and it is time to head back. (Time somehow flys by) And yes, when you are around both Farmer Jane and Daddy'O it is anything BUT dull. :thumbsup:
bluffman2

Post by bluffman2 »

cant wait to see the other 700+ pictures...........man what a trip you guys had!.........Les you have my address,i will send you my fed ex account # :)
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

I cannot imagine a more cooler way to see the bays then to drop some shrimp pots. We worked as a pretty great team. Baiting, Rigging and Dropping the round shrimp traps. SpoiledOne is a great teacher his skill at handling the boat and finding the proper terrain which the shrimp would congregate was down to a science. It is just my observation but it did not really matter if we soaked the traps 6 or 24 hours it seemed we would average the same amount. I also think by the traps design that the shrimp could easily enter and exit the trap over time.

We all playted the part of "Deadliest Catch" and pulled on the "Patience" hauler reaping the bounty of Alaska's protected bays. What a joy in pulling pots with relative ease. Anticipating those succulent sweet shrimp. Every now and then a thieving Octopus would be in the traps with many empty shrimp shells. No worries though, the Octopuses became bait, bringing up many tasty Halibut, Lingcod and Rockfishes. The joy and excitement that grown men can show was funny and cleansing of the soul. Much like watching and being the kids on Christmas morning.

SpoiledOne setting up the puller:

"Edgar" Daddy'O

Welder "The Machine" Pulling Shrimp. This man would tail a shrimp three to my one.

Kenny playing deck boss. I think he pulled more pots up but could not find the pictures.

Myself tugging on the rope. As you can see I am really enjoying myself.

Next pictures the joys of shrimp.

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
IN2DEEP
WON Super Star Donator '08, '09, '10, '11

Post by IN2DEEP »

That looks like too much fun!
We need more pictures of the fish that you caught (or didn't) :mrgreen:

Do those shrimp taste as good as they look?

Scott
1989 22' Walkaround Cuddy Bayrunner
2001 115 Merc. 4 stroke/1988 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke kicker
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Scott, until you flop a lip over a FRESH SPOT PRAWN you haven't taste shrimp yet , they are AWESOME.

Mark , post some fish pictures , I can't until Monday at work , that's my High Speed connection and you have my thumb drive :mrgreen:
Lester,
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Still gaining weight....................................................................................................

Macadamia Crusted Baked Lingcod, Peach and Nectarine Salsa, Shrimp cooked in Garlic Butter, Corn on the Cob, Dos Equis Amber (Thanks SpoiledOne been searching high and low for Alaskan Amber.)

Carol is on a Diet so I have become a closet cook sneeking in the kitchen :mrgreen:

Welder this is a fish picture. So many pictures to post. I am also trying to post a smaller amout of pictures for the high speed challenged. :rotfl:

Burp!!!!

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

Now Mark you done went and done it! :rotfl:

I just got in after 12 hours of "Playin with the criminals" and PLANNED on eating just a snack and going to bed........ But Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I go and read the new posts and run across a bunch of pictures of stuff that made my stomach growl, my taste buds go to tingling and my mouth to start ssalivating..

Thank goodness there was a pack of cooked crawfish tails (A pound) thawed out in the fridge. I made me a "Sammich" (on French bread) with the crawfish tails. But something tells me I am gonna be in trouble when Cathy opens the fridge a little later on today and sees them gone................ :shocked: :shocked:

I'm just gonna blame it on your throwin a "Hankerin" on me :nutkick:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Lucky Louie now that's an idea a Alaskan Po'- Boy Sammich, by time this thread is over I'll be a Super Sumo and the Michelin Man put together.

Ohhh ohhh our commander and chief wants some fishy pictures.

Fish story...... You have to realize SpoiledOne is 6'6" he makes large fish seem small. This Lingcod is a real pig. On the South east side of Montegue Island in a area known as "Jurasic Park" 3 big Lingcod came up trying to eat a Quillback Rockfish I had brought up from the depths. On the surface one was trying to wolf the 6 pound fish down, realeased it's vice grip bite only to have another try to mack down the hapless Quillback....... Alone on the bow of the "Patience" I was left babbling like the Iraqi republican guard after getting hit by a bunker buster. I released a half dozen in the 37"- 39" range hoping for a true "Jurasic Lingasaur" to bite my jig.

Big fish Welder with a really nice one.

Now can I continue with my Shrimping story????? :mrgreen:

Where was I.

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

Man Mojo, that meal looks spectacular! I need to put some ling cod in my freezer! My brother and his family are here now and we are heading back out for a few days. Keep the pictures coming! :thumbsup:

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

Great pics and "Splainin" the action MoJo! :thumbsup:

I can picture it in my mind plain as day your bow of the boat experience a-reelin and a watcin the action. I think big fish have some kind of "Mojo" they emit. They have to.... Cause I've had times fishin where they have me babblin and speakin "tongues" too. (Only a TRUE fisherman understands this phenomenon)

Oh yea, turns out I'm not in hot water TOO bad from the missing crawfish. (WHEW!) When I got up Cathy asked me about where the crawfish she thawed out for supper went. I showed her the pictures and such in this thread. She went to ooooh'in and a ahhhh'in too. So the pictures I thought would get me in trouble, got me off the hook too boot. :thumbsup:

Cathy decided that since the crawfish went missin, a jaunt over to Madisonville, LA for supper today is in order instead. (Mortins) :thumbsup: I can't decide if I'm gonna get the Dungeness crab boiled like we do crawfish down here or a "Shrimp boat". (A hollowed out hunk of freshly made po-boy bread toasted with butter and garlic, then filled with fried shrimp) Decisions, decisions....... :rotfl:

Keep'um-a-comin! :beer:
IN2DEEP
WON Super Star Donator '08, '09, '10, '11

Post by IN2DEEP »

welder wrote:Scott, until you flop a lip over a FRESH SPOT PRAWN you haven't taste shrimp yet , they are AWESOME.
There we go... nice Lingasaurus!

Welder, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Too funny!!! Is that Texas talk?
Yep, I can't even eat the freshwater, farm raised shrimp that is exported from SE Asia... tastes muddy

I hope you guys behaved good enough so Pete might tolerate another group next year. Well done! :beer:

Scott
1989 22' Walkaround Cuddy Bayrunner
2001 115 Merc. 4 stroke/1988 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke kicker
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

IN2DEEP wrote:
welder wrote:Scott, until you flop a lip over a FRESH SPOT PRAWN you haven't taste shrimp yet , they are AWESOME.
There we go... nice Lingasaurus!

Welder, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Too funny!!! Is that Texas talk?
Yep, I can't even eat the freshwater, farm raised shrimp that is exported from SE Asia... tastes muddy

I hope you guys behaved good enough so Pete might tolerate another group next year. Well done! :beer:

Scott
All four were a pleasure to have aboard as well as in our home. It sure was nice having a savvy group on the boat. You tell them once how something needs to be done and they do it. These guys are a wealth of knowledge, both fishing and in the kitchen! Good stuff! :highfive:

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Oh lordy sweet succulent shrimp. The crack of the sea I say. One bag down, two to go............ Wondering if Kenny will hook me up another bag if I finnish these. :mrgreen:

Re-baiting with Shrimp pellets. I Wonder if it would work in my Lobster hoops??????

Reward after the pulling the Pot up. Into the tub they go.

Tub "O" Shrimp.

Coon Stripe Shrimp.

Spotted Shrimp

Shrimpzilla.

Shrimpzilla officially Harvested.

My Deadliest Catch moment. Tanner Crab released.

Time for a Tailing Party.

Welder "The Machine" Tailing Shrimp

A happy group of green horn Shrimpers

Couple Bags of Shrimp

Lips were flopping everywhere. A pot of Shrimp decimated before a pic could be shot. Alot of shells in the bowl.
Wonder how Welder gained 6 lbs.

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a bag of shrimp today.

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
peterbo3
Contributor

Post by peterbo3 »

Hi Mark & crew. Great pics & a great story. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Looks like all the gang had a balltearer* of a time.

Thank you for sharing it with the common people. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

*New word invented just fer this thread :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Regards,

Pete in Brisbane
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Awww Peterbo how are you and Evabo doing?????? No common folk on AAB, takes a special person to own and appreciate Alloy :thumbsup: "balltearer" sounds kind of painful especially if there is no end cap on the gimbal butt :nutkick:

SpoiledOne hope the family trip with your brother went as well or better then our trip.

Ok everyone............... guess the name of this fish?

Name this stare down:

I promise the next batch of pictures will be of fish we caught.

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

Is it a Rockfish...it must be a Canary or one of the other bright ones...how many are there in the PAC NW and AK? Twenty some...if I remember correctly! Can't take them in PS any longer for the most part! DAMN! They are good eating! Capt PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic