Alaska What a Country!!!!!

Get-togethers and fun events
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Re: Alaska What a Country!!!!!

Post by Lucky Louie »

Waterdog I want to welcome you and thank you as well. My son-in-law is on his second tour in Iraq. So in a way we have a couple connections. A love of fishing and a military connection of sorts. (Son-in-law and my father is a WWII vet in my case) So just wade on in and have some fun...... We don't bite. (Even if we do, we have had all our shots :skillet: )

Mojo, KEEP ON POSTIN! :thumbsup:

Your "Style" of postin keeps me logging on daily (Sometimes several times a day) to see what you are posting next. Makes me feel like I was almost there. I can picture in my mind vividly the fun and hi-jinx experienced on the trip from your posts. Well that and having spent time with Welder and Daddy-O on several occasions so I KNOW how THEY are...... :rotfl:

Alaska is one of those trips Cathy and I hope to do after I retire. Mosey up there with the camper and spend a few months just going whichever way the wind blows.
waterdog247
Donator '10, '12, '13

Post by waterdog247 »

Lucky Louie wrote:Mojo, KEEP ON POSTIN! :thumbsup:

Your "Style" of postin keeps me logging on daily (Sometimes several times a day)
x2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Lucky! I did two tours there myself. Glad to hear they should be on their way home soon. I wish him safe travels!

Pete- even if they aren't of the trip in July, would love to see more pictures of your adventures! Never thought I would say this, but I am really tired of palm trees and coconuts! Great place to visit, but I need deep green water!
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

Waterdog, I will put together a compilation of pics from the summer. I didn't take a lot of photos personally, but my wife did. I just need to upload them to the old 'puter.
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

I wrote this post by subject matter and not in the usual chronological manner. The Alaska experience is so immense and rich in it's sensory ambiance that each day would be the same but different. We probably only experienced a minuscule part of what Prince William Sound has to offer. So many hidden nooks and crannies, it would probably take more than a decade to explore all the coves and fish-able structure. For the Photographer Everywhere is a Photo shoot :thumbsup: "Have I told you Thank you SpoiledOne Today"

The Anchorage International Airport Is probably The most Pleasing for Me. I could just about spend the day in her. The full mounts behind glass of Big Game Animals And Indigenous Species are of Smithsonian Quality. You can Appreciate the Size power and intelligence of the predator species. Wolves, Bears, I would mess my pants if I saw the Beast in the White Suit eyeballing me like a Welder and a Mojo Ribeye. (Kenny took some Pictures Hint hint) The Moose are huge yet a Grizzly can snap it's neck with one swat of it's Rapier Clawed Paw. The Polar Bear is even larger :shocked:

What would a Mojomizer report be without a few of these poses:

Anchorage International airport.

On the "Patience" what a sweet battle ship :thumbsup:

I was worried about taking a un-expected dip into the PWS cold fertile waters. But with the agility of a Gymnast on the moving balance beam and the courage of a couple of 10,000 year Glacial ice Margaritas, I pulled it off :rotfl:

If anyone was interested how that funky pose came to be. Here is the Story...............

In my much younger days I noticed some Japanese tourist at Disneyland taking pictures at the entrance. Goofing off I did that silly pose in the background. My date was not amused but oh wells she did not last long. As fate would have it my route through the amusement park paralleled the Tourists. Anytime I saw them getting ready to take a Photo I would position myself subtly in the background with that pose. I could only imagine what they thought seeing me in the background when they had their film developed.

I am in Carol's Son High School Band pictures and a couple Graduation pictures too. He is getting Married next year..... Carol is rolling her eyes and I have been warned. Oh Wells. If anyone is interested Check out the So. Cal Meet and Greet pictures 08 and 09 :rotfl:

Ok........ Anyone who fishes PWS will probably end up going Through The Anton Anderson Memorial Tunnel. Funny, many Anchorage and Whittier Fishermen's Lives goes by the pulse of the tunnels Schedule. I can only imagine Births, Weddings, Graduations and a few Divorces are on Tunnel Time :mrgreen:

Alaskan Traffic Jam:

In We Go:

Some places are walled some are bare rock.

A true testament of our Fathers and Grand Fathers get her done attitude. They dug and blasted a tunnel in a Alaskan mountain in the 1940's. Two and one half miles in 5 months. :thumbsup:

Anyone ever see a true Alaskan Truck???????

:beer:

I promise some Amazing Alaskan Photo's Next. Maybe some food photo's too.

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

Well played Mojo! That window has been cracked for the past six years! I am actually thinking of replacing it this year. Keep the pictures coming! I think that DaddyO planted the speedos. That's my story and I am sticking to it! :beer:

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

I am pretty sure within the week Another Bug, Pebble, Gravel or pine cone would start another crack journeying across the dash :rotfl: Though I do not wish that on anyone.

Yep those introspective Texan Types are devious in their humor. Who knows what lurks in the depth of his thoughts...... Farmer Jane any heads up???

:mrgreen:

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
waterdog247
Donator '10, '12, '13

Post by waterdog247 »

Well done Mojo! I have been told no good outdoors man has a clean truck. :rotfl: That there is proof positive!
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

Post by aluminumdreamer »

WOW, I hadn't been following this post up until last week, now I can't wait to see whats coming next. This looks like the most incredible trip ever in the most beautiful place. Not to mention with a bunch of cool guys.

You guys are inspiration to us all. Keep the pictures coming.

Thanks guys,

Nate
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Thanks for the encouraging words folks. SpoiledOnes truck is perfect for Alaska the only toy I can think he needs is a Super Cub Piper Bush plane :mrgreen:

I am going to try Goatram's wife's tasty shrimp dip just need the Thai peppers, Tonight :thumbsup:

The diversity of life's critters is Amazing.

Don't hold me to the location..... was trying to piece the Anchorages we stayed at. One I think we stayed at was named..... Em' Urluq Bay What a beautiful place. Protected on all side with the tiniest of entry points. You would never know it was there.

Oh back to amazing critters....... in this Bay drifting in the thousands was the Moon Jelly. How do they know to congregate and float around as a unit. As far as I know they do not have a brain. For the most part they are at the mercy of the currents. Yet in perfect synchronicity they float as one. Rivaling the Jellyfish lakes of Palau.

More amazing critters after I eat Goatram's shrimp dip :thumbsup: I think I'll need to down a few :beer:

Burp

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
waterdog247
Donator '10, '12, '13

Post by waterdog247 »

The moon jelly, (Aurelia aurita) are incredibly common in PNW waters. They range in size between 3 and 10 inches across. They can often be found washed up on beaches and look like the bottom of a glass bottle. They are harmless to humans as their nematocysts (stinging cells) are too delicate to puncture our skin.

Their behavior is dependent on a number of conditions, mostly the abundance of food. Aurelia is carnivorous, eating zooplankton, not phytoplankton. Water temperature and current also influence behavior, though more so through physical interaction. Cooler water slows down the nervous signals that cause the bell to pulsate, which in turn decreases the respiratory rate.

Moon jellies will often congregate for a number of reasons. When wind, currents or tides push large groups together; when food sources are abundant in one location; and reproduction. The interesting thing about reproduction is it is unknown whether the gathering was to mass spawn, or mass spawning occurred because of the proximity of so many individuals.
Either way, that many individuals in one location is a beautiful sight.

I have only been fortunate enough to dive in a congregation once, and it was surreal.

Beautiful pics mojo!
CarolMizer

Post by CarolMizer »

Last edited by CarolMizer on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carol-------> I'm with Mojo
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Hey there you thread jacker you....

I know those toes, did ya notice your left foot is bigger than the right !

And why do ya have Mojo in the Handicapped space in the parking lot ?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
waterdog247
Donator '10, '12, '13

Post by waterdog247 »

welder wrote:And why do ya have Mojo in the Handicapped space in the parking lot ?
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
CarolMizer

Post by CarolMizer »

Haha, well Welder dear
shhhhhhhhh, lets get back to the story.......... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Last edited by CarolMizer on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carol-------> I'm with Mojo
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Yes Dear.

:popcorn:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Ahhh crap Timed out :banghead:
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Try this again............... Carol does call me "Special" I did not realize what she really meant. Thanks welder for pointing that out!!!!!!!!

Though I did post about shrimp I found this interesting. When you first pull up the shrimp their Eye's glow orange

I guess the 7 year old is still in me. How many of you veteran Shrimpers ever seen this.

This cheapo Camera is doing a pretty good job. Closer.

Another angle. A worm on a shrimp eye.

I would go Hunting with SpoiledOne anytime :thumbsup: He has the Eye's of an Eagle and is a treestand unto himself :rotfl:
"See the Bear 600 yard out??????"

Huh my City eye's don't see anything.

Ohhhhh that bear.

Everywhere I turn amazing stuff is going on.

A Ice bridge with Waterfall. :thumbsup:

This is not a river. it is tidal flow through a cut. I was thinking to myself it looks like fresh water Walleye and Musky territory to me.

More amazing to me, scenery pics coming.

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
waterdog247
Donator '10, '12, '13

Post by waterdog247 »

Way to go Mojo! Yeah, glowing orange eyes, I like little stuff like that too!

Was beginning to wonder if we were going to see any more!! :thumbsup:

J
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Thanks Waterdog247, Waking every morning was a chore.......... having to breath crisp cool fresh air taking in a new Vista every morning and evening.

Waking up in the morning, going outside grabbing a rod to cast before people waking . Just casting...... no fish but very calming way to wake up. I believe this was in the evening but you get the Idea.......

If Angel's were singing this was my Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh moment. Sun Does Shine in Alaska

A Rorschach moment. Better than any therapist can could ever do. The perfect symmetry of nature.

Have I told you Thank You SpoiledOne today?

Next up Damn big Ice cubes.

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

I never get sick of looking at this stuff and I live here! One more trip with the family this weekend, then the boat gets brought home. Thanks for all the pics, Mark. Oh, yea...your welcome! :thumbsup:

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

SpoiledOne, I thank you for thanking me :rotfl: but reality says.......... Without you, your wonderful family allowing us to have Capt. Pete and the boat "Patience" pictures would not have been possible.

I can only imagine having a bunch of Lower 48 greenhorns running around ooooohing and ahhhhhhing at trees,birds, fish and shrimp vastly amusing. I can only equate it... when I take my family out and watch them running to the bow to photograph and watch Dolphins under the Bow Wake, Whales and Mola Mola's......... Carol's first ever sighting of a Marlin. Though I love fishing I enjoy watching them hooking up on a good one more. Call it the Captains pleasure :skipper:

What good would a Alaskan adventure be without Waterfalls. They're everywhere.

Glaciers.... I could only imagine what the last Ice Age was like and how the future Ice Age will impact us. Mother nature telling us how small we really are.

Though 10,000 year old margaritas are such a treat. Those Giant Ice Cubes made me glad I was in Aluminum Alloy :titanic:

I found myself Berg watching instead of cloud watching.

Loch Ness Monster

A Plesiosaur, a Viking ship and a Tank. Ya I know, call me crazy.(Carol calls me Special)

Next Parting Shots We come full circle.

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Off in the distance you see something..............

The closer you get....... it becomes clearer.........

Something you would never dream of seeing.......

The reality hits you........... Your not in Texas Toto........ Not even California.

This really is Alaska. A dream come true!!!!!

Time stands still for no one....... in a fleeting moment time flies by.

And All you have left is a memory......

What a memory have I been blessed on partaking. Thank you all who participated in the Alaska AAB Meet and Greet 2010.
AK Cat, Spoiled One, Welder, Daddy'O, Kenny, Spoiled Ones Family. This trip was a special one. I know I speak for every one.

Cheers and Beers

Have I told you Thank You Spoiled One Today :clap:

The End......?

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

mojomizer wrote:

The End......?

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
I HOPE NOT! :shocked:
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

I have heard rumblings of a 2012 gathering with two boats. Perhaps mojo will come out of hiding and get behind the keyboard, too. :beer:

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

Not to get all sappy or nothing but this is my favorite thread read to date on this board. :clap:

The State Tourism Board should stroke you guys a check or something. :beer:
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic