Seattle Boat Show

Get-togethers and fun events
Chtucker

Re: Seattle Boat Show

Post by Chtucker »

Great pics. I spent a bunch of time at the show. I thought that there were less people/boats this year. I don't remember if I went the second or first weekend last year though.

I spent most of my time in the north entrance with the metal boats. I really wanted to take a look at the BAMF FRP boats, but the all smelled like cat piss. I know it was some chemical from the build process, but I couldn't stand to be in the cabin for more than few minutes.

3 Rivers/Duckworth spent a bunch of time with me as well as a good talk with Russ's brother at Coldwater. I am really bad with names and assumed it was Russ I was talking to at the show (thats the business card I got).. Found out when Russ called me today.

The stabilcrafts looked really well built, just way too small for us. The "new" pilothouse Boston Whaler was hideous (looked like they just tacked on a sliding glass door to enclose the space).

The Coastal Crafts and Eaglecrafts on the water were nice. The Coastal Crafts are very very very expensive. There is a used one in Port Townsend that has been sitting for over a year. Its listed somewhere in the mid $200k range and the owner probably spent twice that much.

Hewescrafts/Kingfishers were there as well, but not adequeate cabin space for us.

It spent some money on small stuff (PLB, new PFDs for the kids, PFD strobes), but I still find it weird that people get into a feeding frenzy and buy boats on the spot at a show. I know that some have done their homework, but it doesn't seem like clear thoughts happen with all that is going on. I guess it is better than some of the yachts selling on the water during the week!
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Great pic's pjay!!! We only had about 3.5 hours to tour around before the tuna seminar so we didn't get to crawl around every boat like I normally would at the show. The major purpose of heading down was to go to the tuna seminar and meet some great folks not to look at boats. Post up some more please :clap:
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

More! Here we go with some odd stuff!
Triumph real PLASTIC boat made from HDPE (I think) the sales guy didn't know what i was talking about when I asked..he just had the 'spin' down!

Thye are really tough looking boats and I can see how they would be good in the waters around the Everglades where is shallow and full of clam sheels to shine your prop on...I know! Maybe I'll post a pick of it.

Hanging off a BW... :gunner2:

Stabicraft transom detail with all the little ribs.
Note the predrilled and filled with welded tubes for engine mount bolts...now that has to be dead on in my opinion...isn't there some variations form engine to engine on where it has to be in relation to the bottom...WOW!!!
Front ladder...I know that Wooldridge does a similar bow ladder but it is a outside manufactuer and is hidden when up...no pics on that one.

JETCRAFT
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

River/Sea HAWK

Capt PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

now that is a small fixed outdrive under the hull...humm is that an old idea brought back with a new steerable gimick from Volvo and others!
:thumbsup:

Capt PJ
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

Capt. PJ, was that last River Hawk a river jet setup and though I saw the Thunderjet earlier, were there many on display?

Talk about some power mad folks, they are my kind of people! :sarge:
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

There were some jets at the show, but I cannot tell you which ones...TJet had both OB and jet, the RH folks I think had an OBjet...just not sure...really wasn't looking for that...I was concentrating on getting good ideas, welding and Seaboard stuff. I did notice that many of the Alloy boats were powered by good OLD YAMAJAMMERS! Capt PJ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic