Alaskan's what a people 2012

Get-togethers and fun events
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Alaskan's what a people 2012

Post by mojomizer »

Alaska what a country Alaskan's what a people 2012.

First off I must perfusely thank Pete (Spoiled One) and Doug (Propnut) for being such great hosts for us lower 48 AAB brethren. Sharing their Homes, Boats, Vehicles, alot of laughs and 8 year old hijinks...... I hope we did not embarrass the kids. :mrgreen:

I must also give great thanks to to Pete and Doug's wives for generously giving us their husbands valuable family time to entertain us gawking tourists. Trusting us around your families. You guys must thank your lucky stars having such fabulous women.

I give thanks to my wife Carol (Carolmizer) and Lester's wife Claudia (Welderbabe) who came on this trip with us but went on adventures on their own. Letting us take off 5 days of fishing. Please feel free to post your pictures minus the All male eskimo stripper bar "Love from Above" pics.

I was happy to notice the kids were much more comfortable with our presence. I enjoyed the youthful exhuberance, INTELLIGENCE, energy and imagination that these kids have. They are what it takes to make Alaska such a great place. Those kids can flat out fish and make me laugh at the same time.

Somebody must have cashed in on some serious karma points, the weather was nothing short of miraculous. When the natives are saying they cannot believe the weather it really says something. The weather guy sounded bored " Wind less than 5 miles an hour Waves 2 feet." Pete being the ever wise Captain " When the wind blows out of Whittier..... Go out. when the wind blows in ....... Stay in."

This is a picture of a typical day. If you wanted to drop a 2 oz. lure down you could catch rockfish like this on almost every drop. The quarter inch ripples were very angry and took many days to get your sea legs :mrgreen:

This trip for me had a different feel from the last trip. I could relax and enjoy family and friends more. Watching Scott (In2Deep) greenhorn eyes bug out at each turn and cove. He was a picture taking machine :thumbsup:

So here I will write down part of our ADVENTURE Alaska AAB meet and greet 2012
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
IN2DEEP
WON Super Star Donator '08, '09, '10, '11

Re: Alaskan's what a people 2012

Post by IN2DEEP »

Did I hear "midget eskimo stripper bar?"
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Seriously,

Well said, Mojomizer!

I too, would like to send a great big THANK YOU to our friends in Alaska.
You have been more than kind and generous by sharing your home, boat, food, family and time with us.

Pete, you have an absolutely awesome family, including your dog and cat!
Your boat and knowledge is absolutely top notch.

Doug, same as what I said to Pete, except I must add "super lucky" too!

Mark, thank you for all your hard work in the galley and anchor duties

Les, thank you for all the stories and for just being there, sharing the experience.

Carol and Claudia, thank you for finding the turtle salt & pepper figurines. They were perfect!

I had the time of my life and will never forget this trip. I can't believe how fast it went by.
Mark is right about me, the greenhorn taking it all in. Catching new species of fish, setting shrimp pots for prawns, eating palatable oysters for the first time and seeing salmon staging to run upriver to spawn.
It's no wonder that I got only 3-4 hours of sleep every night, I didn't want to miss anything! (I can sleep at home)

I feel blessed to have met such wonderful people :beer:

I have quite a bit of pictures and video that I will post soon (need to sort through them)
I'm still catching up on my sleep LOL
:scuba: :scuba: :scuba:
Last edited by IN2DEEP on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
1989 22' Walkaround Cuddy Bayrunner
2001 115 Merc. 4 stroke/1988 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke kicker
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Found Carol running amuck in my Ak. pictures.
Attachments
P7170423.JPG
P7170423.JPG (150.69 KiB) Viewed 30572 times
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Scott don't take to long or you will lose your post. :thumbsup:

I am having some issues with the Pictures Claudia took , Just got the one of Carol up and then my mind took a dump, I think it's due to lack of sleep. I'll work on them tomorrow.
:joecool:
Lester,
IN2DEEP

Post by IN2DEEP »

Going to try to post pictures in chronological order

Midnight sunset

Licenses and last minute tackle

Large in Alaska

Don't forget the important things

The dinner (beef brisket, not shown) that Propnut (Doug) and his wife, Rene prepared for us the night before our trip
Copper River smoked salmon was the best smoked fish that I've ever had

to be continued...
Last edited by IN2DEEP on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Jeez...look at that spread!!

"Donnaaaaaahhh!! Come look at what people do for their friends in Alaska!!"

Her response... :nutkick:
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Scott you fuzzed out my legs??????? Too Sexy for my body :rotfl:
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Carolmizer just said F.U. then :nutkick:
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Doug's wife Renee (Propmomma) set quite a welcoming spread of food. Some looked too good to eat.

My arm was twisted to eat one.............. then it was all Ladybugs must die. I became the exterminator. My lips were flopping nom nom nom YUmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

As great as the food was......... The genuine warmth of the welcome was even greater.

Have I told you Thankyou today??????
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15

Post by Sabs28 »

This is going to be a GREAT post to watch unfold. :thumbsup: Keep it coming.... :popcorn:
IN2DEEP

Post by IN2DEEP »

mojomizer wrote:Scott you fuzzed out my legs??????? Too Sexy for my body :rotfl:
Your midget legs are still there underneath your skin-tight-fake-fur-skirt :rotfl:
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Scott, You velly funny man, you make me raff.
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

So lets start the introductions of the fearless crew who crewed the Patience and Event Horizon fish killing machines.

Captain Pete (Boat Patience) with the Chelsire Cat smile. Truly is the Spoiled One. Heart as large as Alaska and it shows. At the airport pick up, one of his students saw him and came running up to greet him. The student showed great admiration respect and humor with him. Pete's quick wit had the student laughing and turning a little red at the same time. (Just the right rapport for making a connection with a student.) Was very cool to observe Pete and his craft.

Pete's knowledge of the PWS (Prince William Sound) and it's fisheries is outstanding. I believe he takes pride in his shrimping skills. Meter reading..... Boat position and location. While many people count the shrimp they catch on their hands :mrgreen: Pete's counting shrimp by the gallons.

Pete is a fishing machine. Put a jig and a good rod in his hands and he 's catching everything...... awesome to watch.

Pete have I thanked you Today............. Thank You!!!!!!!!!
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Captain Doug (Boat Event Horizon) When I met Doug he was so easy to meet. He has a warm welcoming demeaner with a great sense of humor........... much like my friend Wayne (Daddy'O) As you will see in future posts, he had me laughing all the time. If you have the time, ask him to post some of his creative video's :rotfl:

Doug say's he has not fished very long............. but Damn if he fishes like a veteran. He has started out right and has a impressive fishing information network going on. His intel was spot on :thumbsup:

I would have liked to fish with Doug but Welder fell in love with a certain handgun.... Having his bed made with Teddy Bear and not having to listen to my apparent snoring :shocked: Who knew??????? Captain Morgan and exhaustion..... That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Captain Doug is a quality person, it shows with his family. His awesome Wooldridge fish killing boat. A man cave we would all be proud to have :beer: Dude You Rock :clap:

I would be honored and proud to call you a AAB brother and friend.

Thanking you every day.

Lester (Welder) The founding father of AluminumAlloyBoats.com , A Southern California Guy turned Texan with a major passion for our beloved Alloy Floating platforms. Without Les meeting all the wonderful people from around the world would not have happened. Reading about life....... funny and sometimes sad, but all with the common factor.............. Our passion for our Aluminum water craft.

Lester's curiousity of all makes models and brands of Alloy Boats. How they perform in all waters and situations. Makes me wonder how he would do with those landing craft we seen in Whittier?????

Would he ram an iceberg just to see how tough a boat would be ???????

At this point I (We) should Thank Les for all his efforts in making such a great site. "A well deserved always felt but hardly said THANK YOU Lester Well done :clap: :beer: :thumbsup: :highfive: "

Texan humor, this boy can think of some funny sayings and stories. So far Les has fit in to three corners of our Great Nation................ Alaska, California and Florida wonder how he would fit with our (hint,hint) Nor Eastern alloy brothers pulling on a Stellwagon Bluefin????????? :mrgreen:

Thank You sooo much for AAB and letting me into your life brotha.
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Sabs28

Post by Sabs28 »

:thumbsup: GREAT start Guys :thumbsup: I have a feeling there is going to be at least 8 more pages of GREAT posts to follow. :highfive: :popcorn:
IN2DEEP

Post by IN2DEEP »

IN2DEEP

Post by IN2DEEP »

Our boating adventure started on Monday, July 16th
Driving on the Seaward Highway towards Whittier

Arriving at the entrance to the Whittier Tunnel
If you would like to know more about this tunnel: http://dot.alaska.gov/creg/whittiertunnel/

Getting close to entering the tunnel

Leaving the tunnel

Loading the equipment and supplies

Launching Doug's boat

Then launching Pete's boat

Saying our good-byes to wives and GF's

to be continued...
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Great pictures Scott, it is just like seeing Alaska for the first time all over again :thumbsup: Brings back memories from my first trip.

Introducing........... Scott(In2Deep) This guy is one cool cat. Great sense of humor and very creative in making things. I first saw his Valco Bayrunner many years earlier, at a bait barge and was very impressed. Marina Del Rey launch ramp was closed so I headed south into Long Beach to launch and get bait. We talked a bit on how cool and unique his cabin was and like two ships parted ways.

Who knew I would get to fish with Scott years later.........

Catalina Calico Bass 2007?????

And now get to share the Alaskan experience with him. Awe inspiring and loss for words, "isn't it my friend." Without a watch, a bit lost in time...... Sleeping very little...... not wanting to miss anything....... and poof a week flew by all experiences kind of melted together....... Was I here or there on what day. The camera never lies and chronicles time. Still happened to me too :highfive:

Scott's gadgets: Though I did not get pictures of (maybe he will post them if you ask????)

A Camera bar handle (makes taking video from digital camera smooth and effortless :thumbsup:)

A very effective big ball jig, mimicking a octopus swimming. The current moving the tentacles very enticing. A single hook tipped with a bit of octopus as bait and scent should be deadly. :thumbsup: Send some my way buddy :mrgreen:

It affirms my opinion he is MacGuyver with a great sense of humor. A great cook :thumbsup: and Capt. Morgan and coke bar tender :beer:

A perfect participant on a perfect and epic AAB Alaska 2012 M&G

Thank You my Friend and AAB Brother
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
IN2DEEP

Post by IN2DEEP »

Mojo, you make me blush :skipper:

Heres the first leg of our adventure on Prince William Sound
This will give you an idea of the beauty of this incredible state

Thank you Pete and my AAB brothers & sisters for an unforgettable adventure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlwtoSI3-cU
Sabs28

Post by Sabs28 »

Very COOL Guys. :thumbsup: :beer: :clap: :highfive:

Hey Pete, Did you finally get a new windshield???? :rotfl: :rotfl:
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

[quote="Sabs28"]Very COOL Guys. :thumbsup: :beer: :clap: :highfive:

Hey Pete, Did you finally get a new windshield???? :rotfl: :rotfl:[/quote

You are one observant smart a$$!
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

spoiled one wrote:
Sabs28 wrote:Very COOL Guys. :thumbsup: :beer: :clap: :highfive:

Hey Pete, Did you finally get a new windshield???? :rotfl: :rotfl:[/quote

You are one observant smart a$$!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :nutkick: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Lester,
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Sabs, We like observant a holes or anyone who can see things with humor :thumbsup: Challenge to you. Who is Tatta in my twisted mind is the way I read it????????

Sorry this post is going to get a little off course but connected :?: ( Alot what I have so far written is about the people we meet with a common factor Aluminumalloy, fishing and in general loving life.

This Saturday Scott and I visited Kenny of Trade Winds to drop off some shrimp and fish. I always enjoy seeing what is happening at Trade winds. Kenny as usual is the whirling dervish running here and there...... But talking to an individual who is from the "Greatest Generation" at just about 90 years young, Sharp as one of my beloved Forshner fillet knifes. Crushed my hand with a huge hand shake and twinkle in his eyes, proceded to tell stories of his life. WW2 naval pilot..... Sebring race driver......... Movie stunt man flying the plane in the 1959 movie "Spirit of Saint Louis".....Flying through the sign in "It's a mad mad world." Telling us about Charles Lindberg flying his plane to retire it at the Smithsonian, landing it on the street. Stories and pictures of meeting Amelia Earhart in Hawaii. About his next adventure driving to Washington State with Kenny. As we parted Scott and I gave him some of Kenny's fish Knowing Kenny would not have done it anyway different.

In Trade Winds lot sat a 1956 Valco Boat the one with flared wings in the stern. I immediately volunteered to help renovate this winter.

Funny how this Alaska 2012 Meet and Greet is still giving the gift of meeting "GREAT PEOPLE" and sights.

Thank You Pete and Doug :thumbsup:

Next Fishing with the Kids introduction
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Pete's Son Mr.t (Spoiled Two) and Doug's son Mr.Z (Propkid) are awesom kids to hang out with fishing. They have been friends since kindergarten. Mr.T (Spoiled Two) is boat savy, already doing some supervised boat handling and reading the depth meter :thumbsup: Smart Kid................. Mr. Z(Propkid) always smiling and tough as nails I watched him accidently get popped in the eye (pool cued) went into the galley for a few minutes came out said I am ready to fish and caught a nice Yellow Eye Rockfish with a slight black eye :thumbsup: Both high positive energy kids enjoying time with their dads.

Mr. T thinking look at that mouse on Mr. Z's eye :popcorn:

Mr. T is a natural (much like his dad) using jigs. He started out asking for help with his fish but as his confidence grew he started to jig and procede to land his own fish. :highfive:

Mr.Z matched his dad in catching his first two Halibut ever :highfive:

Proud dad........ nice fish(s) :clap:

My fondess memories of this whole trip was Mr. Z's first Halibut and talking to Mr. T on the bow about lucky jigs, as he was hooking up on some quality Quillback Rockfish (released) to swim again.

Way to go Mr. T and Mr.Z :thumbsup: :clap: :highfive:
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Sabs28

Post by Sabs28 »

I hope someone had Chocolate Chip Cookies on-board to make that black eye feel better.... :clap:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic