West Coast round up.

Get-togethers and fun events
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

What an amazing day! There is so many great things to write about...I think it is going to take some time to get the stories on the board. Thanks to Mojomizer, Sue at Sunset Aquatic, Pacific Boats for the coolest hats ever, and to everyone who came out to fish and eat.

Here is some alloy at the dock just for starters - 6AM.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Ya only took ONE PICTURE

:roll:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Ya I agree with Lester.....sheeze.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
S L Dave

Post by S L Dave »

Yeah...that is it. It was really kind of a snore fest. People were falling asleep all over the place!! :lol: :lol:
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
S L Dave

Post by S L Dave »

...AND what is with this guy? :shock:
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Aaaahhhhhem errrr that is the new japanese wind direction..... fishfinder (must be calibrated).........radar.......gps system.

:lol:
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Where's all the photos????????????????????????????????????
It's Monday.
calstabi

Here you go JETTYWOLF

Post by calstabi »

NOT so much!

We had to throw this one back.......

Had a great time meeting all the local Tinnies.

Craig[/url]
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Heh heh Calstabi/Craig. Nice meeting you, your really nice wife Mary and son Ray...... Geeze were all acting like poker players holding our cards tight to our chest. Before we get Jetty thinking were all A-Holes, we should start posting pics. I thought we gave that job to Scott???????????.

Honestly...... I had a obligation to one of our sponsors and that came first.
Thankyou to all who donated goodies. Thankyou to all who participated or wanted to participate. The next meet and greet will be even larger.

A group of Alloy lovers total head count 16 adults... 3 kids... 1dog. We are all smiling in our new Pacific Boats hats. (beautiful dog is also smiling for the camera).

Starting from left: Carol/Carolmizer, Mary, Craig/Calstabi, Mark L, Kenny/TWMarine, Todd/Todd, Dave/S L Dave, Scott/In2Deep, Don/Calloy,
Bobbie, Ted, Sheri, and what a Beautiful dog Tundra.

Kids.....

Left to right: Ray, Mark, Dillon

Early in the Morning S L Dave launching.

Todd launching his sweet new Pacificskiff.

In2Deep and his cool bayrunner. It has more neat gadgets than McGyver could ever think of.

Hard at Play and his awesome boat if his boat could talk the fish stories it could tell.

Ray/Hard at Play is in the middle. My sled all prepared to catch some butterflies. Todds brand new Pacificskiff in the background.

A recyclers dream 5 aluminum alloys at the dock meeting and greeting.

In2Deep what is the front bumper for?????

Ok on to our adventure.............wait a minute what are those characters doing????

Ohhhh boy lets get a closer look. I don't like that devious smile.

Powerbait??????? what the hey!!!!!! Wheres the little bell that belongs on the tip of that pole?

It's gonna be one of them days :roll: and we have not even left the dock.

Same bat channel........same bat time. Tons of pic to show.

Mark
Last edited by mojomizer on Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
S L Dave

Post by S L Dave »

One I caught...

...and one I didn't :cry:
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Uncle Dave tell me the story of the big one getting away. PLEEEEEEZE :D
Nice Vermillion rock cod........yes Chaps yours are bigger :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
CarolMizer

More, I do believe there might be a little more to the story

Post by CarolMizer »

From what I heard and saw throughout the day, there is more to the left coast story. From start to finish the day was grand. :D Getting the big picture does take time and effort and photobuckets unlimited resources.

Problem : :?:
How to get MORE lady anglers out on these fantastic escapades. Would love to have more female voices added. I know I had a great time getting out for the day! Catching fish was icing on the cake.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Tradermizer
Carol-------> I'm with Mojo
calstabi

Post by calstabi »

The Catch of The Day!

How Big was that Halibut S L Dave

The BBQ Master.......Mojo at work

Kenny(Tradewinds), S L Dave, IN2DEEP (Scott)

Ahhhh the food was enjoyed by all
Todd
Donator '09

Post by Todd »

It was nice meeting everybody on saturday. My brother and I had a great time, can't wait till we meet again. The fishing was a little slow but the company and mojo steaks were excellent. Sorry no pictures to post because my camera needs recalibrating. Dave, I thought that halibut was lost at the gaff.

Had a great time.
-Todd & Bro
S L Dave

Post by S L Dave »

I was actually showing Calstabi how big the head of that halibut was. And yes...it was lost at the gaff. Here is how the story goes...since I was alone, and my memory is a bit soft, the story may change as the years go on...
Alone in the sea in my Pacific 23
A single seagull was circling me
I thought I was snagged on the bottom I cried
Then the bottom ran off with my bait and my line
Reel screaming, reel screaming, reel screaming it's true
I prayed that my knots were strong that day too
Like Ahab, I've willed and what I have willed I will do
Hours of struggle was what I went through
He came to the surface that day I did see
A monster the size of a small GMC
I grabbed the gaff to stick in his lip
But lifting it up would still take a trick
The monster he thrashed and tore the tool from my hand
He threw out the hooks and swam back down to the sand
This legend is true and till the day that I die
I will never have a steak as good as Mojo's ribeyes
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Dave you are a man of many talents. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the nice Ling Cod you caught and released.

Love your recount of the big one that got away. The legend of Dave and his Moby halibut.

Time to start posting leaving the launch ramp.

Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Time to leave the ramp and have a nice fleet picture. Trying to get these Characters lined up was like trying to round up the Three Stooges on Ritalin.

SL Dave waiting patiently.....

Ummmmm In2Deep line up....

Thanks Hard at Play.....Ummmm In2Deep your facing the wrong way....Carolmizer no I do not want a frontal shot.... Wheres Todd??

Carolmizer I know thats your good side but I need a profile..... In2Deep I know Carolmizer is facing that way but you do not need to copy her. Where is Todd?

Great Todd is here everybody lined up........ where in the @#$% is In2deep..... Arrrrgh.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh........Let get out of the Harbor.

Time to open her up.... Lets roll!!!!

Starting....

Throttling up.....

Faster.....

It's a bird... It's a plane.... No it's Super Dave faster then a speeding bullet.

Gotta love the Pacificskiffs performance...... Ummm Carolmizer your having to much fun on the throttle.... Hey can I drive my boat.

Well I am getting tired. Hope I am not boring You all to death. Scott your much better at this.

Same bat channel yada yada yada.

Next up Carolmizers new name Rorschach...... More pictures to come.

Take care

Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

I do not know what it is with Carol and squid...... on a previous trip she was getting shot by natures squirt gun :lol: So up to Nacho's we go and get a load of squid. (Squid are great because afterwards we freeze it for bait to use later in the season.) So with the first scoop what happens .....Carol ducks behind me somehow gets a face load of squid ink in her face all and all over her favorite sweatshirt. The patterns on her sweatshirt remind me of ...................................................................
Well lets not get into my pyschological profile. Let just say I have been calling her Rorshach

Hey... she wanted me to take a picture.

Nacho give us a hot tip......... halibut up to 40 lbs. biting north of us. South is going to be mackeral. Todd, Dave and I zoom north. Dave 's boat was gone ........Wow.

No love on the Halibut.... Dave Catches a nice Ling Cod and a vermillion cod. We head South I stop short on a rockpile I never seen before... 88 feet 69 degree water it is loaded with fish. I am thinking Sand Bass city.
The wind was blowing 20 knots and now was a good time to explain to Carol the finer points on anchoring up and boat position. Relocate the Rock pile and fish.... head up wind....check signs of current... adjust position..... signal to drop the hook. In 20 knot winds it is challenge. Carol perfomed flawlessly. The boat swung into alpha position.

First bait hammered but fish took me into the rocks. 15 minutes later fish on! Up comes a small ..... Ling Cod??????????(released quickly) End of June.....88 feet of water surface temp 69 degrees. Thats unheard of. There must be a cold thermocline down there.

Second fish a sheephead.... Destined to make a generic crab salad

In the mean time Carol is getting frustrated they keep stealing her bait then.......

A nice 25" Lingcod this one had purple hues to it's spots really nice color pretty for a Lingcod (released)..... Yes Chaps yours grows bigger :lol:

Oooooohhhh time to go set BBQ up........ Carol pleading lets stay a little longer. Who am I to say no.

Day ending count 5 Lingcod(released), 1 Sheephead, 1 small rockfish and smiles all around.

On to the BBQ.

Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Mark , ya have to remember that Dave's boat was just serviced and tuned up by Kenny at Tradewinds. :wink:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Yes Super Dave was happy to get her back..... The "Triple D" rides great on the water. She is a rocket.

Scotts "Die Hard" is amazing with his custom touches.

Ray's "Heavy Metal" is a fishing machine with alot of history..... It was owned by a outdoors editor who worked for Western Outdoor News. The editor regrets selling her.

Todd's shiny new battleship is going to be a fish killer for a long long time.

Carol's boat...... :cry: She won't let me touch my helm. Is dry, steady and stable.

It sure was nice to see other aluminum alloys. Meet their owners and family.

Lester I would like to thank you for this wonderful site...... I thankyou for sending those awsome "AluminumAlloyBoats.com" stickers. They were enjoyed by all.

Regards

Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Mojomizer and Tradermizer, and SL Dave were the only fish catchers?

How 'bout the "crew Diehard" with the sneaky "powerbaiting", I assume for a quick bait-up at the dock. Any Fishez?

Anyone else catch a fish??

SL DAVE did ya really have a big Flattie hooked up? You should have had a camera-person with you.

Looked to be a fun day. Man, I wish I was there, and knew more about that fishing. I'm a shutterbug.

Ya'll really can make a fella feel real lonely.

Great stuff!
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

mojomizer wrote:Aaaahhhhhem errrr that is the new japanese wind direction..... fishfinder (must be calibrated).........radar.......gps system.

:lol:
????????????????? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: ??????????????????????

Daddy'O

Post by Daddy'O »

Looks like the meet & greet was a huge success!

Are you guys sure mojomizer isn't Clark Kent? That picture sure does look like Superman is aboard. :shock:

Thanks for sharing all the pictures. I wish I could have been there.

Wayne
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

IN2DEEP
WON Super Star Donator '08, '09, '10, '11

Post by IN2DEEP »

JETTYWOLF wrote:Mojomizer and Tradermizer, and SL Dave were the only fish catchers?

How 'bout the "crew Diehard" with the sneaky "powerbaiting", I assume for a quick bait-up at the dock. Any Fishez?

Anyone else catch a fish??

SL DAVE did ya really have a big Flattie hooked up? You should have had a camera-person with you.

Looked to be a fun day. Man, I wish I was there, and knew more about that fishing. I'm a shutterbug.

Ya'll really can make a fella feel real lonely.

Great stuff!
Jettywolf, Team Diehard caught fishies.

Heres the report:
viewtopic.php?t=753
1989 22' Walkaround Cuddy Bayrunner
2001 115 Merc. 4 stroke/1988 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke kicker
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Scott is a very capable and knowledgeable fisherman if anyone could pull a fish out of a slow day it would be In2Deep and his Diehard.

Jetty love the caption. Daddy'O thanks for the kind words .............. The Rorschach inkblot test would lead to the conclusion...... "Craaaaaazyyyy."

The most challenging thing of the day was trying to start the charcoal grill in 20 mph winds. Though once started it was extremely hot coals. I did not get as many photo's due to wrestling with the grill.

It was a relaxing day for a BBQ....... Dillon enjoying some down time after playing catch, frisbee and baseball. Not only is SL Dave a great fisherman, poet and all around guy........ He is a great DAD

Carolmizer Talking to Kenny probably planning on getting a 26' SSC ?????

Calstabi/Craig, Mary and Todd/Todd enjoying each others company

Kenny brought some extremely good food over. Tundra the beautiful dog waiting patiently.

Sheri, Don/Calloy, Bobbie and Ted enjoying the day amongst good friends.

The food was great..... a picture with Craig/Calstabi and Mary's son Ray sums it all up.

Thankyou to all who showed up and to those who wanted too. Special thanks goes out to....... Julie at Pacific Boats. Kenny at Tradewinds. Lester/Welder Creator of this great site, SL Dave/Super Dave, Sue at Sunset Aquatic and Scott/In2Deep who's contributions made this day a memorable one.

Signing out

Mark
Last edited by mojomizer on Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic