Billybobs Bass reel.....kerplunk.

Need a Tackle FIX?, This is the Place
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Billybobs Bass reel.....kerplunk.

Post by JETTYWOLF »

These ain't for just bucket mouths anymore.

I have several of the high capacity reels just like this one (Curado E series) and can tell you that they have more drag pressure than those small Avets.

I love mine, although Trout aren't known as monster pullers, but they are so sweet none the less.
Shimano Curado 300 DSV - I can pack about 200 yards of 50# berkely super braid on the spool.

Watch Larry Dahlberg battle Pacific sails on these not for Bass fisherman anymore....reels.

And how he gets that rod and reel back after he drops it in the drink is beyond me. That thang had to "FLOAT" there for a few seconds, to pluck it with a gaff hook.

C'mon Larry....get a grip!
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/videos/CURADOSAIL.html - High speed needed.
IN2DEEP
WON Super Star Donator '08, '09, '10, '11

Post by IN2DEEP »

Jetty,
I remember you looking for a power handle for that reel.
Did you ever find one?
I don't know if you kept following the thread on the other board, but I think that we figured out which handle will fit the various bait casters (Shimano, Diawa and Abu Garcia)
Here's the post with more info that you'll need...just that not all of it is correct :?
The correct info is towards the end:
http://www.allcoast.com/discussion/View ... 863&page=1

Scott
1989 22' Walkaround Cuddy Bayrunner
2001 115 Merc. 4 stroke/1988 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke kicker
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Yeah, I remember all that mess.

I got for free 4 abu Revo handles and tried them, although one guy said they fit. They do not. So I turned around and traded those handles or a cheapy Shimano reel, and then sold it today for $45.

The Calcutta handles is the only one that fits, and then looks big and bulky and doesn't match either. So I gave up.

Now, Shimano's wisdom told them to discontinue the Curado 300 DSV and make the Curado E......its all marketing. With Larry Dahlbergs help.

In saltwater I want line capacity, just in case. Any decent Tarpon takes no less than 200 feet in open water most of the time. Thats alot of line!

Now the new Curado E has less line capacity!! Oh but it's not $200 either.

On Tackletour.com I said to Bantam1 the resident shimano employee, that they ought to make a Shimano Curado 500 DSV. With 300 yards of 50 pound Braided line capacity.

Many reel manufactures, they think joe blow only will fish some giant chuck of anchor for a reel. And they were on the right track, now FUBAR'd the whole deal.

Make Avet squeel, I say. In low profile, super castability. Shimano doesn't care about Avet though. They're such a small fish in the Shimano ocean.

I love lowpro reels and so does every Trout and Redfish angler from Mississippi to SW Texas.

I love them so much I have for sale 4 Abu Garcia Chrome Rocket 6500's that have been tweeked with SS parts over the standard brass.
That reel is the only Garcia that will stand up to Salty abuse. All brass covered in chrome.

But they ain't LOWPRO. Damn I love these thangs.

CURADO 300 DSV...my favorite now discontinued. Thanks Shimano!
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

MY FAVORITE.........GAWD I'D LOVE TO TRY THIS FISHERY.

THESE FISH ARE MY DREAM FISH, IN A "ROCKY" AREA LIKE THIS.
they may not be jetty rocks, but they are rocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juHNNVJbPWA

They should be in an alloy boat like mine!
JETTYWOLF

Re: Billybobs Bass reel.....kerplunk.

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Is Larry Dahlberg bad luck????

Check this video out and WATCH the guide $120 Boga-Grip.......
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/videos/CURADORED.html

Last video I posted (above) Larry dropped his $500 rod and reel (Curado E series) over the stern of the boat, attached to a sailfish! But I wonder what happened with the boga grip and that poor, what looked to be a Speckled Trout.

Stay tuned for more.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic