LARGEST LOW-PRO REEL

Need a Tackle FIX?, This is the Place
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

LARGEST LOW-PRO REEL

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I truely thought Shimano would have done this first. But Abu Garcia stepped up to the plate first, instead. If it really catches on, then others will......what am I talking about?

A Low profile bait casting reel with MONSTER line capacity!

I love low-pro reels and own no less than 10. They (mine) do not corode easily are lighter and have a great feel for all day handling.

I remember telling a Shimano rep/employee, I want a Curado 500! When they introduced the Curado 300 DSV (with deep spool) and 200 yards of line for King Mackerel and Tarpon fishing.

Well, looks like Abu Garcia has done it, and took the REVO reel to the next level.

THE TORO
-The Toro is a saltwater low profile reel with round reel line capacity!!

Line cap: 14/250

Drag: 22 pounds??? (I want to test that!)

Ratio: High speed - 6.4:1 Low speed - 5.4:1

I have always been on the Guide Program for Abu Garcia over the many years and have beat the day lights out of almost every reel, some have hung in there, some I wasn't happy with.
Now, I'm trying to get my hands on two of these to put onm two G. Loomis 9' Pelagic series casting rods. Summer Kings and Tarpon would be my target species, along with Big Redfish.
These rods presently sport two of my mini-#197 Accurate twin drags, which are hard to do light casting duty. Mine are before Accurate came out with the centrifical cast control models.

So if I can try out two of these, it would be great! I'm working on it.

But if I cannot, secure these at a major discount I have the best prices found for you here, at our friend/member at, ALL-AMERICAN OUTDOORS.
http://www.all-americanoutdoors.com/inc/sdetail/15952

Reg. Price: $269.99
Sale Price: $235.00
Save: $34.99

PROFILE: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewabugarc ... lspre.html
Skiff-Matt

Re: LARGEST LOW-PRO REEL

Post by Skiff-Matt »

hey I picked up my Toro last month. I fish it for calico bass up to 5 pounds so far and barracuda in a similar range. I use this real for "potholing" threw the thickest spots of kelp, drag buckled all the way down with 65lb spectra. i have been so impressed by these reals so far. im gonna take it out for albacore this month and see how it does on some bigger boys.

revo toro 50 high speed.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: LARGEST LOW-PRO REEL

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Good to hear!!

I haven't got one yet. Have 4 Shimano 300 DSV's......and have caught 25 Pound Redfish on them, and saw Larry Dahlberg fight a sailfish on one.

But it took Abu Garcia of all companies to come out with a monster bait caster in Lowpro...astonishing!!

I don't EVER use egg beaters, can't bring myself to even touch one. (spinning reels) So I'm all about Bait Casting only!

WATCH THESE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!

You wanna see bait caster men in reel action?????

Click and watch these dudes. They ROCK!

http://www.takemefishing.org/community/ ... sters-home
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic