Sinker Organizer

Need a Tackle FIX?, This is the Place
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Sinker Organizer

Post by AlloyToy »

How do you guys organize & keep your sinkers separated??? Looking for Ideas?? Right now a big plastic box just ain't doin it......I have on my boat 1/2 oz bank up to 21 oz. bank sinkers.......
pjay9

Re: Sinker Organizer

Post by pjay9 »

I use the 1 gallon size buckets stored under one of my side seats, plus I have some a bin hung on the inside the back doors which access storage...bins are from a restaurant supply house... they are used to hold bar stock bottles,,,heavy duty plastic with dividers...I drilled some holes in the bottom so I can rinse off sinkers in the bin when finished for the day.
Sometimes these are call speed racks or rails...Capt PJ

Edit: I also use the silverware plastic holders used in commercial washers get at supply house...they are white nylon stuff with lots of holes...hung on the inside of the door also...it is raining and I'll take a pic of the bar rail later. in picture it is over exposed but you can see the shadow of the holes on the door back.Image

The white bin on the inside I got at Ikea many years ago and it was in my garage doing nothing until now.
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

Some more images now that the rain has stopped.
Those small buckets (probably only 1/2 gallon size not gallon as stated above they were jam pails I got at Costco many moons ago...good berry jam came in those pails) are inside food storage square plastic cans that I got at the supply house..they will not break like household plastic and you don't have to buy the lids which I didn't need. Plus the flat surface allows a box to sit on top.Image
This is the speed rail on the inside of my door.ImageImageImage
Other home made storage bins around the boat...cannot have too many places to stash things when fising and things are happening.
This pot thing was from Ikea and is very handy. Capt PJ

PS I sure hope this gives you some ideas as it was a real pain to post..the images kept getting screwed up! Each time I posted and image had to preview and then post the next one.
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Very organized :thumbsup: I like the small bucket idea...I wish somebody made a circular divider that fit into the buckets dividing it like a pie
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

John i made one out of Azek looks like a tool box with separators in it. if you want one let me know. They work pissah.
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

:clap:

Cheaper: http://www.acetoolonline.com/CLC-Bucket ... s/3876.htm

Been trying to put my Pacific on a diet........ it is amazing of all the weight it accumulates. For Now Weights go into large Plastic peanut butter Jars.

Take Care
Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

I like those too MoJo....looks like something I could find at Home Cheapo :thumbsup: I'll check them out.....

Mike thanks for the offer......but you need to get that addition done before the tuna show :rotfl: :beer: ....I'll let you know...thanks buddy :thumbsup:
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

You are right John! Did my wife call and have you say that? Little delay going on had a flood, still pumping out. Only got 2 inches next door had 18 in. Guess I'm lucky :banghead:
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

By the way nice organization CaptPJ9. :thumbsup:

Clambo any pics of your set up???? Some of us are imaginatively challenged

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Ya wantz simple AlloyToy???????

Get a heavy duty cotton canvas bag, toss sinkers in it and throw it in your under gunnel "SHELF", thats all I do. Holds mega amounts of 2-12oz. Bank sinkers and lots of eggs.

I went all BAGS. They can get wet and who cares, they take the shape of the area stored. They provide a NO banging around.

I went to Harbor Freight the chinese tool store aned bought many moons ago a few paks of (3) pak of canvas bags for cheap. Every once in a blue moon I add a bit of LUBE to the zippers, just incase. But it works.....if ya have SHELVES. I love me shelves!
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

All great ideas :thumbsup:
peterbo3
Contributor

Post by peterbo3 »

I cut the top half off rectangular base plastic juice bottles. They fit in my under gunnel shelves snugly. Drill a few holes in the bottom so they drain. Sinkers are visible & easy to grab.
Downside is that the plastic is not UV stable & needs to be replaced every year.
Upside is that the bottles are free once you have drunk the juice & it is
quick & easy to replace them.
Regards,

Pete in Brisbane
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

I also have mini pvc tubes about 8 in with caps on them that fit in the gunnels. I would post a pic but i'm computer challenged. :skillet:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic