Can You Tie A Bimini????

Need a Tackle FIX?, This is the Place
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Can You Tie A Bimini????

Post by AlloyToy »

In 100# test MoMoi Diamond or equivalent??? With the assumption that the tuna will be much bigger this year I'm in the process of changing out all my top shots to 100# and I'm wondering the best way to terminate the line on the swivel end :idea:

Will be trolling bars and divers again again this year for BFT.....with the expected cost of gas :shocked: this year I want to make sure I have all the proper knots, crimps ect....to land those big boys.....
Occams Razor

Re: Can You Tie A Bimini????

Post by Occams Razor »

Alloy !

Glad to here you are gearing up !

I use Moi's diamond myself and swear by that mono. Jem Kia slightly better but so is the price .

I have tested all kinds of knots for mono and the Bimini twist is just about the best and easy to tie if you make a

bimini tool. Still time consuming though......

I have found another knot that works very very well and has equaled breaking test of the bimini but does not have the

shock resistance the bimini has.

We are not Marlin fishing so its not that big of a deal......

Check out the Grinner knot on VideoFishingKnots.com I modified the knot by doubling up the mono and then tying the

grinner knot. Wow I was impressed with the results and you can easily tie the knot and it finishes really neat...

Let me know how you make out ......
Capt. G

Re: Can You Tie A Bimini????

Post by Capt. G »

I only use crimps on 80lb and better . I the past 2 years I have not had a single crimp fail. Done properly it is the strongest connection you can get for attaching swivels etc. For top shots on braid I only use L2L connections or direct splices on my 130s.

Good to hear some tackle talk...getting sick of shoveling the white stuff.

Tight Lines
Capt. G
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic