OH GAWD....they did it again!!!

Need a Tackle FIX?, This is the Place
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

OH GAWD....they did it again!!!

Post by JETTYWOLF »

ALERT, ALERT, if this doesn't give you a total BOEHNER...then you're jus' plain different. I'll TRY to let that not form my opinion of you.

http://blockurl99.blogspot.com/2012/02/ ... bbbad.html

OF COURSE ALL NEW TACKLE (tackle that matters) IS TESTED OUT OF LOUISIANA!
(the fishing capital of the world, you lucky dawgs and ya;ll don't even realize it?)
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Re: OH GAWD....they did it again!!!

Post by spoiled one »

No "movement" here, Dave. Ya ever think that perhaps it isn't us that are are different? :rotfl:
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

No boner here either Dave. Sorry buddy :deadhorse:
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Naw, it's not me....."ya'll are up there"

As I said to Kmorin in so many words, Its taken me this long to figure out why there's not many active southern folk on this forum.
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

JETTYWOLF wrote:Naw, it's not me....."ya'll are up there"

As I said to Kmorin in so many words, Its taken me this long to figure out why there's not many active southern folk on this forum.
Lots of outdoor forums, an alloy boat forum sorta lends itself to folks familiar with the verbiage...or a few of us curious enough to lurk long enough to join up.

Slick looking reels for sure, more ergonomic and user friendly as down here we get to fish all Year so the gear has to be tough. Guess the Factory boys all got theirs so when can us poor people see them?
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
simplepeddler

Post by simplepeddler »

WOW!!!

Those are going to be deadly in the GOM!!.

That cast out to busting tuna is remarkable.

Mangrove beware, this thing will bull them out of the rig FAST! and being able to cast like that......oh my.
Baddddtodabone.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

http://www.tackledirect.com/shimano-tra ... reels.html - is taking Pre-orders for March right now.

I see the "southerners" actually .....GIT IT!
On Yeah. When I get one, it's gonna be my personal Tarpon /Giant Redbass / Shark / Offshore jiggin' reel.

I have 4 of this reels cousin, the Shimano 300 DSV, the 1st editions. And as far as LOW PRO reels (egronomically correct for casting and all day fishing with a large capacity, high speed retrieve in a non-corrosive package) They are mega sweet!

Simplepeddler,
Why don't I come over there in the fall, with my Shimano trans X, and a Curado 300 DSV, and we'll go out and wack us some mangroves on some rigs, and a Tarpon at the pass...... I'll do all the video!!!

The BIG Mullet should be thick then.

-----------
Yeah, I was watching that dude Babe Winkleman on the TV, who's always holding a insulated mug (full of bourbon and Coke?).

He was up in Alaska with his wife an daughter (wow, she's really grown up..."Boom, baba, Boom")

They were King Salmon trolling on a charter boat on Kodiak Island, using what looked to be beat ole Penn Squiders or Penn graphite reels, non-levelwind. I could see as they reeled in these fish they run a bit, but not all that hard. And the drags were JERKIN' all over. I hate that. They were in a seemingly really nice Munson Cat. With all that BIG $$ up yonder they could really BENEFIT from some smooth dragged, mega HIGH speed, reels like these in Question.
----------

Trolling for salmon question: "how many ball bearing swivels does it take to keep the leader from twisting up like a rats nest, while "Purposely Making" the bait (herring) spin like a propeller?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic