ACCURATE TACKLE REVIEW.......Droooool time!

Need a Tackle FIX?, This is the Place
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

ACCURATE TACKLE REVIEW.......Droooool time!

Post by JETTYWOLF »

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewicast08accurate.html

IF YOUR A JUNKIE AND DON'T READ TACKLETOUR.COM... YOU'RE NOT A JUNKIE, JUST A WANNABE!

(only kidding....your out probably making all those big bucks to buy tackle, I know.)

My Accurates in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR8tmaJI29U
Last edited by JETTYWOLF on Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Thanks for the link Jetty. I am not a tackle junkie but love to read and see what is out there and what others are using. Don't get me wrong I love tackle but don't spend alot on it. Keep it simple is my new moto as I spent alot of money on tackle over the years and had most of it stolen last year out of the Cope. After replacing the "essentials" I thought about it and over 3/4 of the stuff I had I never used :shock: . Tackle is great as in rod and reels (I actually own more of em this year then previous)but for lures etc. this is what I'm talking about I don't need all the lures etc.
Now then I was just looking through my pockets and found a few bucks, gotta go Canadian Tire (sells tackle) might still be open :D .
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

You can't go wrong when you fork out even the Kanook bucks, for an Accurate Product.

If I had more flow'age myself right now, my quiver would be even more silver'ish.

Me too, I buy and sell too much stuff. I have a small truck load of stuff on the For sale forum right now.

I like to keep my tackle (rods and reels) to a small set of go-to stuff, and use as much live/natural bait as possible. With small exception on Jigging spoons and trolling spoons, because they always catch, when between bait is scarce.

Here it's just a few things:
Live shrimp #1
Live/dead - herring, sardines, Menhaden or cigar minnows #2
3-1/2 Drone spoon #3

Butterfly style jigs etc. for fun #4.
Calloy

Post by Calloy »

JETTYWOLF,

Recently bought an ATD-30 platinum and understand that she is high maintenance. Is this your experience? How often do you service/lube your accurates? Seller told me these reels are finely tuned; perform like no other but due to their close tolerances need more frequent lube jobs. What's yer take?
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

How are you Calloy/Don and your wonderful other Sheri doing? I would think it depends on usage and the amount of fish you pull on and how well you take care of them (rinsing off, general oiling, salt-X spray.)

Are you ready to pull on some fish and use that bad boy????? PM Me.

Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Calloy wrote:JETTYWOLF,

Recently bought an ATD-30 platinum and understand that she is high maintenance. Is this your experience? How often do you service/lube your accurates? Seller told me these reels are finely tuned; perform like no other but due to their close tolerances need more frequent lube jobs. What's yer take?
All 8 of mine have been worked like mules (for what I do) and just a month ago I opened ONE up to look.
In at least eight years or more of ownership, they have never skipped a beat!!!!!
MORE LIKE ZERO MAINTENACE, is what I do with mine.
Just wipe with damp cloth.
Ubsolutely the best I have ever laid hands on, In my opinion. Just because of that. Lik my boat!

Here's a really good link to servicing, if you ever have too. I have not had to do crap. Now that one you have is a 2 speed(??) and larger, who knows.
I have no need for a 2 speedmyself.

I used to deal with Linda, she knows her stuff. Here's a link she sent to Mr. Charkbait.
http://www.charkbait.com/article/2003Edition/BD.htm
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I want a TwinSpin 12 and an Accurate spinning jig rod, to match.
That'll do me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic