the new ultimate?

Need a Tackle FIX?, This is the Place
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

the new ultimate?

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Soooo, you think you're a tackle enthusiest??

Enthusiasm costs these days. I only know one man who has a Zee Baas reel in gun metal grey, wait till he see's the saltwater edition!

ZEE BAASS ZX SALTWATER SPINNING REEL....YA BETTER SAVE YOUR COIN OR SELL A KIDNEY ON THE CHINESE BLACKMARKET.

Accurate's twin spin competition?

More Info: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewicast08 ... ebaas.html
Bullshipper

Post by Bullshipper »

I have always heard second hand reports that the accurates suffer from premature corrision problems, and now they claims 5x better corrosion resistance than any other reel.

They also claim to use some 304 stainless, which is a no no with the chlorides in salt water.

Have you had any of these problems Dave?
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

No problems with all 8 of mine. And since May, 4 of them get used on every single charter trip.

I took 1 apart, my mini B-197, after 8 years of ownership. Just to see how they tick.

That was the 1st time a screw has ever been turned on one of my 12 that I have owned since I bought the first one.

I call em them the "Pacific's" of all the reels I own. No maintenance, just hard fishing then a quick damp cloth wipe off and back on the rack for the next go round.

And this year in particular with an all time high water temp in the ocean here of maybe 74-78 degrees (should be a steady 83+) And incessant Shark fishing, because the Tarpon are not in such cold water. They've really been used on 40-125 pound Blacktip sharks, day after day.

Hopefully a Tarpon before summer's over......
There they are, under those blue reels covers. I love'em.
Can't afford to be an enthusiest anymore. That was only during the Bush #1 and Clinton era. When life was good, before the VILLAGE IDIOT from Texas, was let loose.
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

VAN STALL & ZEE BEE REELS

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

VAN STALLS & ZEE BAASS ZX SALTWATER SPINNING REELS,

Rob is quite the machinist, Steve Campo, me and a couple of other guys helped Rob when he fisrt started making the VS reel in Ct. He made all of our reels with special features, some of which made it into his production reels and some that remaimed special to our crew's reels. We had no slots on the outside of the spools like he sells the VS reels now, because we didn't want the cold water splashing out as you reeled in the late November big surf when wetsuiting or drysuiting. We had him make us torpedo handles instead of the round knobs that the production reels have, we also had him increase the clearance between the spool and the heousing, and others. I tend to think that Steve and our input to Rob helped make the changes to make it an awesone built surf reel.

Dave I have three 300 VS, two 250 and a 200 in black with custon torpedo reel handles and MCMILLAN machined into the frames and one or two spare spools for each. I have full set of every piece of gears, bearings, spool nuts, main shafts, etc. as spares. Rob never sold spare parts, but since I am looking to sell them if you or anyone else are interested, I'll make you a deal.
Marty
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I'd love the 200 Marty! But in this world I have to weigh, do I really need it? And the answer is no.

I have a huge amount for sale myself right now, because I want a permanant VHF radio on my boat, a matching Ray 240 modular unit and digital antenna.

So I have to sell a bunch of rods and reels, before I can even get an offshore safety device on my boat!!

I'd love to do more offshore fishing with clients, but having no radio holds me back. And never venture out of cell phone range with customers...about 8 miles.

I'm not a "spinner" guy. But always wanted a smaller 200 for fishing creeks with a DOA shrimp in winter for seatrout.

I'm azz deep into a $350 balance on my custom "trout rods" from Deep-color, that I may or may not ever recieve.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic