Harbercraft 18' fit out

Get help and share Ideas
Landy_Andy

Harbercraft 18' fit out

Post by Landy_Andy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:56 am

Thought I'd post a few pic's here of the ongoing work to fit out of my recently acquired Harbercraft 18'Adventurer. So, the starting point is the bare hull I purchased a few weeks ago.

After spending quite a few hours the inside of the hull is now without the green moss & leaf litter.... was rather stinky :scuba:

This week I've been working on the drawings for a few cut parts, one of them being a dash plate to hold the switches & gauges etc.

I also found out that the boat was actually a QC reject from the factory due to poor aesthetics on the sides, looks like the welders had issues with it pulling on final weld out.

welder
Site Admin

Re: Harbercraft 18' fit out

Post by welder » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:36 pm

This will be fun to follow, where are we now?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225

Landy_Andy

Post by Landy_Andy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:44 pm

welder wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:36 pm
This will be fun to follow, where are we now?
Doing house & garden chores... I have to earn 'hobby' credits from 'she who must be obeyed' :skillet:

I did get a rather nice 50th birthday present from her this week.... a Miller Multimatic 215 with tig & spool gun :thumbsup:

In the meantime the BOM is coming along as I work out what I need. Bearing in mind the closest marine shop is a hour drive away or mail order, having a detailed list will save $ in the long run in both fuel & shipping.

Landy_Andy

Post by Landy_Andy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:44 pm

Did a little over the last week or so... add two motor well boots, go the dash cut/helm mounted and trimmed out the remote mounting plate for fitting the Evinrude concealed remote on a custom top hat mount.

Also made a start removing the spray in foam.... what a right royal PITA :banghead:

Tomorrow it's heading to the local'ish boat shop to have the transom drilled as they have a jig and it'll save me a bit of work. Have found that I'm going to need a jacking plate to install the motor, short shaft transom & long shaft motor... so, that'll get ordered too.

Landy_Andy

Post by Landy_Andy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:40 pm

Got the engine hung using a jacking plate due to the transom being for a short leg OB.

Finished off the 'top hat' mount for the concealed remote.

Next to work on a custom fuel tank & a battery / 2 stroke oil tank mount for the rear.

Landy_Andy

Post by Landy_Andy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:39 am

Been focused on other home projects but did get a chance to remove all the spray in foam I can get at. Just need a st/st cup brush for the grinder to get the last of it off.

Been working on the wiring too, have the schematic done, just need to order all the materials and build a loom for it now.