the skiff boys

Get help and share Ideas
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

the skiff boys

Post by JETTYWOLF »

where is the two young guys who rebuilt one of those tin skiffs out in California, somehwere.

It had a bracket welded on the stern.

They must be out fishing on it and forgot about us.
Skiff-Matt

Re: the skiff boys

Post by Skiff-Matt »

THEY'RE baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack,
hey gang sorry for the vanishing act, after we got Latis to "mostly complete" i was so exhausted that all i wanted to do was fish. but im back and still drooling over the big tins on this site. after a full season fishing latis i have realized that her flat bottom is just not right for the offshore fishing that i love so much. i think Moyerfishdestroyer and i have decided to sell her after this summer. :( but who knows.

i am truly sorry to read of loosing Ironwood, he made a mark on both Matt and I. he will truly be missed by the both of us.

Matthew
Latis
23" bayrunner
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

What would you be looking for IF you sell ?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Skiff-Matt

Post by Skiff-Matt »

well we have 14k into it, id have to have a meeting with moyer but id say between 10-12k.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I find it hard to believe that ANY one takes them boats offshore. I see photos of giant sharks sticking out the back of them.
But still all that seems kinda stupid to me.

Here we'd call that a creek boat, and maybe the inlet on a real flat day.

I always believe in REDUNDANCY.....have more than ya need and then some spares and then some more.

Hell, take this for a minute.

I fish a 26' CC Pacific.......INSHORE. River, and inlet. And don't even head 20-or 30 miles out, ever. I'm to thrifty and will not spend the $$ when I can catch just as tasty fish close to the boat ramp!

Proof that I wanted more boat than I would actually need. And my theory really works. I have ball room dancing. And love it. PLus never have filled the fuel tank to the top, since October of 2006, when the boat was delivered to my driveway......probably never will. 150 gallos of fuel, no way! That takes me a month to go thru that much, and I'm not carrying all that around with me each trip.

Them small tinnies sure are popular out yonder. I just haven't figured out why, yet.

I don't see many Blonde, tall, guys wearing a Viking cap, furry boots and shorts, carrying a hand made wooden bat out there. So I don't know where the BIG balls come from.

Nordic genes?? Don't see that much. So it all comes from somewhere :roll:

C'C'mon... :cool:
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

I meant , what boat would be looking for ?

And of course when you decide to sell please post up here in the boats for sale forum. :thumbsup:

Jetty wolf, it's a whole different kind of water out there , Heck they ride jet skis to Cat Island on normal days. They have REEL DEEP water within a 1/4 mile of the beach [ 1000' plus ] . It's not like the gulf where one has to go 20 miles to hit 100' of water.
Lester,
Skiff-Matt

Post by Skiff-Matt »

That is a very good point, our water is Very deep and our temps are fairly consistent. weather fronts don't just "pop" on us.
I know the conditions before i get in them. And the big balls is genetic, it comes with my red sideburns. ;) ill see if i can get some pictures of a blue wale for ya Jettywolf.

on another note, im not sure what im in the market for. Id jump all over a 18-20 deep v Baja runner if the price was right. but id want to cut the BACK SIDE of and put a bracket on it. same project all over again , sigh.
I am looking into some welding courses around town, Id really like to build my own one day.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

We have whales too!

Right Whaler, with White sharks following in the winter time.

I grow red also....now mixed with gray, though. So I'm set in me ways. And need some comfort, room to move around, and
hate a cluttered-up boat!

If I can own a big beautiful Pacific CC...anyone can, is what I tell people (that aren't rich Alaskans)

I just got real creative, financially. :thumbsup:
Skiff-Matt

Post by Skiff-Matt »

i keep suggesting selling Moyers wife, but he usually shuns the idea :shock:
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

How much for your women ?

Kenny up at Tradewinds has a left over Baja 22 I think , rigged and ready . NEW boat, motor and trailer.

How much money are we talking for Moyers wife and can I get a AARP discount ?
Lester,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic