below deck fish box

Get help and share Ideas
Almar22

below deck fish box

Post by Almar22 »

I am pulling the original 454 out of my boat and adding a suzuki 300 on an offshore bracket. The engine is all disconnected and ready to come out some evening this week. That will leave a big space under my floor that I want to put to use. Part of it will go for additional fuel but I want to add a fish box as well.

Since I have some time and am doing the work myself I would like some input from you guys. And particularly pictures if possible of what you have in your boats and what you would do differently (or what really like about your fish box) if you were in my shoes. Boxes, lids, hinges the whole works.

Thanks in advance
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

Re: below deck fish box

Post by aluminumdreamer »

My boat was an inboard boat, and I am trying to figure out all of the same things you are. I still have a big stupid engine box, but will soon be removing it. I would also like to put some sort of fish box/storage under the deck. I am unsure of what to use for the hatch, but I know for sure I do not want plastic. I was thinking of making something, but I want it to be water tight. Keep me posted on what you find, and I will do the same if I find something incredible.

As usual I am always open to everyone elses input and ideas. My only problem ( besides not be good enough at welding yet) is that I won't be able to get to welding on my craft for probably at least 2 more months when it warms up.

Lets see some pictures of that sweet Almar once that engine removal gets underway. Good luck.

Nate :thumbsup:
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Re: below deck fish box

Post by goatram »

I closed off the aft side with a bulkhead of my in the floor fish box. I had to add a drain pipe for my fwd bilge to drain to the back. My fish box is now a wet one two half inch drains lead to the bilge pump in the back. I plan on a macarator pump to pump it out with a Y fitting connected to another bilge pump.

The second picture is a box I am making for a friend's live well in his tracker bass boat
my bilge
my bilge
pilothouse_098.jpg (332.14 KiB) Viewed 4299 times
fish box
fish box
rebuild%20024.jpg (66.66 KiB) Viewed 4299 times
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic