I hear goatram is starting a project tomorrow....

Get help and share Ideas
Sculpin

I hear goatram is starting a project tomorrow....

Post by Sculpin »

I can't wait to see the thread that I hope goatram with post up regarding another large project to Tin Lizzie :thumbsup:
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
welder
Site Admin

Re: I hear goatram is starting a project tomorrow....

Post by welder »

John, do we need to go under cover with a SPY CAM ????

:popcorn:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

welder wrote:John, do we need to go under cover with a SPY CAM ????

:popcorn:
Naw I read it on the black and red site.

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/washin ... oject.html

Can't wait to see how this project goes. :clap:
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Today was to be the beginning of the transformation of my aft deck to a self bailing. But Life got in the way. Woke up at 8 am and Had to go into town to pick up meds for my Lab. She is pregnant from My Meremma Guardian Dog that I have for my goats. Bad Mix of breeds of dogs I think. Tried to stop off at a different Vet to inquire about an Operation to rid my self of these future pups when I got a call that I had to head north for X Rays for the Veterans Administration VA Claim for my Hips. Got home at 1 pm and then had to head to work. But "Tomorrow, I Luv Ya Tomorrow" the work begins. Got a call at 1:20 from a lady at the first Vet's office pleading to take my dog Betty till she weaned the curs. My Life Suxs right now so I need to get busy and drown myself in some alloy project till 31 Jan when my operation for Hip Joints happens.

I will be following Dales aka Ratherbefishin's example and install a self bailing deck on my boat. So I will be posting basically the same thing Here and on the BD Washington site. The difference between the two will be the amount and different Questions that each site's members will post. John So Graciously let out of the Bag; There is more to come. Dale does not like the placement of the batteries and hatch sizes on his boat I am going to possibly change my location of the batteries and redistribute the weight on my boat. :smitty:

John; You asked and I explained. Might be too much info but you and Les used the Cattle prod on my Butt :mrgreen:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Hey man cyber space is free and I saw your post's on the BD site. Sorry for letting the cat out of the bag. Plus side is you have a big bag to be taking on a project like this and KUDOS to you sir for doing it.

I sure hope some of these boat builders start seeing stuff like this and incorporating them into there production model's. I can't believe that Hewes hasn't done it already on there Searunner and Ocean Pro line with full "forts". It only makes sense man. RBF did one hell of a job and I really like the sliding door thing.

Please post up a thread of your own goatram (which I'm sure you will do). I just posted this up as a premier to your thread.

Sorry to hear about your dog problems.

Cheers,
Sculpin
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

sounds like the problem is GOATS!
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Saturday was remove the engines, the Batteries, LCX 113C HD FF to send in for repair (hopefully I get a HDS 10 in return), Air Ride Seats, and Last but not least the Floor Boards. When the floor boards came out I had to clean all of the Black Dog Hair along with the left over tuna blood from the bilge. That took the better part of 4 hours. I parked the Boat in the shop in prep. I did run to Lowes for 2 X 6's I ripped them down to 4" that is the bottom of the U channel to sit on. My U Channel is 1.5" X 3" I also made two metal boxes to go into the aft corners that the channel will dump into. I cut out the old fish box supports and cut the channel for the new one Supports. got a little done. The DW took the Camera to BC Canada so wait till tomorrow for the Pictures of the work started.

I did Find some Cracking on the port side floor support. This past Aug I wacked the dock hard comming into the dock against the current. The Buddy yelled Reverse and I did and that stopped the fwd movement but then the bow swung fast to hit the dock. Current was about 6 knots. Did I tell you I hate that dock and Launch. I had to use it because I was a dumb SOB and forgot my Downrigger weights at the house. I called another friend and he lives close by so I had to use that dock. It's aluminum and can be fixed prior to installing the new floor. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :smitty:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

goatram, On a serious note...regarding your hips...have you been to a class for the pre-surgery exercises you should be doing? If not get that done and start those toning moves...it will pay off in post surgery recovery "BIG TIME"!!! I was driving 5 days after my replacement, used a walker for two days...waste of good money, I had to buy it as the insurance didn't cover it...and used a cane just for steadiness and to make others feel better that I would be safe...I am not bragging just want to point out the importance of being vigilant and trying to look after myself! The new hip was in 2004 and I am going strong! Good Luck! On the project too! And can't wait to meet up with you in Nov. Capt PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic