New aluminum self bailing deck

Get help and share Ideas
no excuses

Re: New aluminum self bailing deck

Post by no excuses »

John let us know how the cork gasket works on the access panel for the swim step, I always worry about mine and was thinking of using 4200 as my plastic cover probably would not like getting heated up. Did you hook up either bilge to a alarm, I have the stock automatic 1200gph hooked up to a alarm in my dash with a switch to turn it off. I have a 4000gph in the battery storage area that that is on a manual switch also, no alarm on that one as the back one always comes on first.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

GOATRAM,

Good golly ya have alot going on, on that boat. Ya sure yer not making that into a 52 footer??
Ya may need to draw up a multi-page boat schematic, and put it on a CD.

I always wonder what kind of "float" ya'll get with big outboards and those kickers on the stern. Add in a bunch of Stern standers fishing. Do you keep the seal around the outboard cowlings dry in some seas?

You'd be so "un-impressed" of how simplistic my boat is. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I guess ya'll don't use your gunnels to sit on. That's my only problem with a wooldridge type boat, is those gunnels with that wrap around on top of them. But then again, we're talking a whole different zip code of likes and dislikes, huh????

It seems to me if the boat's deep enough from the start, there's no need for railings. Go figure :?:

Looking forward to more pics......in the sun light, with wa-wa added.
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

JETTYWOLF wrote:GOATRAM,

Good golly ya have alot going on, on that boat. Ya sure yer not making that into a 52 footer? No just a little going on my way
Ya may need to draw up a multi-page boat schematic, and put it on a CD. Long as I got it and I am alive we are golden

I always wonder what kind of "float" ya'll get with big outboards and those kickers on the stern. Add in a bunch of Stern standers fishing. Do you keep the seal around the outboard cowlings dry in some seas? The motor is a 30" XL shaft and I raised the kicker up another 2"

You'd be so "un-impressed" of how simplistic my boat is. :rotfl: :rotfl: No, I am impressed with your Nice PACIFIC it works for you in your waters

I guess ya'll don't use your gunnels to sit on. That's my only problem with a wooldridge type boat, is those gunnels with that wrap around on top of them. But then again, we're talking a whole different zip code of likes and dislikes, huh????

It seems to me if the boat's deep enough from the start, there's no need for railings. Go figure :?: I took 4.5" away from the gunnel height

Looking forward to more pics......in the sun light, with wa-wa added.
The boat is effectively done. I just need to fill it up and run it some time this week coming if we have a nice non rainy day. I need to see if my hard work will pay. :joecool:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

This is a great post to watch and read! Fine job. I don't see the rain stopping anytime soon! I'll be out in it on Frid and Sat doing the end of the year routine on the lakes. Happy New YEAR!! Capt PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Whazz up John? Did you make it out over the holiday's?

You sure put the time and effort into that cool project. Great that you took us along for the ride too. I hope everything worked out for you. :highfive:
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

It did all work out. No I have been busy working on Ken's aka Flashers Boat; putting in a self bailing deck on his. He finally started to post up the pictures on Bloodydecks. Primer is drying and the morning should have the anti-skid down. We did it in a week. Looks good. He talked me into it last week. On Wednesday I have surgery for hip replacement. Pain Killers and work have made the time fly this past work. In case you all have not figured it out yet I like to have fun and make things. 6 rolls of welding wire and 2 250 Cubic feet of Argon bottles used. he still needs to have lids made for his boxes.
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

My O-L-D Trout fishing partner, Doc Miller just had hip surgury back in October. He's a light wirey kinda 68 year old fella, (not a large heavy fella) and still it was 11 weeks, no big time exersion, like "wackin big fatty Trouts out in the boat".

He's good now though.

Good ya got all that Yacht work of your done!
AcctTwrs

Post by AcctTwrs »

OMG.... Did you see the condition of that shop...!!!! That's just the way I like it....
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

AcctTwrs wrote:OMG.... Did you see the condition of that shop...!!!! That's just the way I like it....

Hello Fellow sunshine stater.

"Ya should have seen the boat before he picked it up and dumped all the junk outa it"....... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic