The Journey Begins

Get help and share Ideas
dandmtritt

Re: The Journey Begins

Post by dandmtritt »

So basically what you have now is both the engines batteries have their ground directly back to the battery instead of the common use of one grounding buss bar for the ground. What about grounding the hull? I didn't see any pics showing this and from my understanding and research all batteries should have a ground connection to the hull for any stray voltage. Wouldn't this also combine the batteries and give you the problem you had? I'm glad to here its working for you now. I really like that switch set up and I was seriously not considering it because you had problems with it. It definitely costs more than doing a couple switches and some automatic charging relays but if you really look at it its less wiring to have to fool with. Keep it simple stupid is one of my favorite sayings.
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

No I Have two common Ground bars tied together to each other, tied to the batteries, and one cable to the hull. I also have a Galvanic Isolator from Promariner that is tied into the shore power line.

http://promariner.com/products/galvanic ... fs-series/

The first bar is near my battery switches. then a 2/0 cable is used to tie that bare to the bare by the batteries. I am cleaning the boat today prior to launching it next Saturday. The Projects are done for the winter and I need to catch up this thread.

One final project yet to be completed is the davit. it is made just need to add the motor plate to it. yesterday the plastic pieces arrived I also received two new cuts on my fingers when I was cutting the gussets for it. the Saw had a kick back. Cut aluminum is sharp. We also cut 4 ea. SS spacers then enlarged 8 washers to slide over the spacers for the lift arm. The project also will include a Tool box for the back of my truck made from .250 plate that will store my davit when not on the boat. At least that is the current plan. :smitty:
The davit is made from schedule 80 pipe. I.5" pipe inside of the 2" pipe. The 1.5 pieces where welded first then the larger 2" pieces where added.
The davit is made from schedule 80 pipe. I.5" pipe inside of the 2" pipe. The 1.5 pieces where welded first then the larger 2" pieces where added.
The gussets welded to the plate and pipe.
The gussets welded to the plate and pipe.
Plastic piece
Plastic piece
Top bar with four holes
Top bar with four holes
The spacers and washers welded in an done.
The spacers and washers welded in an done.
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

My electrical panel completed and protected. Still need to take a pictures of the 2 ground bus bars. They are sealed in the tan colored wax to prevent corrosion.
IMG_20150322_171609254.jpg
Aft fuse panel set up for Downrigger and a few lights. More to to grow.
Aft fuse panel set up for Downrigger and a few lights. More to to grow.
Fwd fuse panel
Fwd fuse panel
I finished connecting the motors and sealed down the three access panels in the swimstep. Need to cut and install the 3M nonskid tape on the top side of the deck.

Cabin is complete, cleaned, and ready for the cushions for the cuddy to be installed.

The anchor needs to be stowed bottom paint touched up, and the life raft hold down straps marked, sewed, and then reinstalled. Ready for the years fishing
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic