Harbercraft 18' fit out

Get help and share Ideas
Landy_Andy

Harbercraft 18' fit out

Post by Landy_Andy »

Thought I'd post a few pic's here of the ongoing work to fit out of my recently acquired Harbercraft 18'Adventurer. So, the starting point is the bare hull I purchased a few weeks ago.

After spending quite a few hours the inside of the hull is now without the green moss & leaf litter.... was rather stinky :scuba:

This week I've been working on the drawings for a few cut parts, one of them being a dash plate to hold the switches & gauges etc.

I also found out that the boat was actually a QC reject from the factory due to poor aesthetics on the sides, looks like the welders had issues with it pulling on final weld out.
welder
Site Admin

Re: Harbercraft 18' fit out

Post by welder »

This will be fun to follow, where are we now?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Landy_Andy

Post by Landy_Andy »

welder wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:36 pm This will be fun to follow, where are we now?
Doing house & garden chores... I have to earn 'hobby' credits from 'she who must be obeyed' :skillet:

I did get a rather nice 50th birthday present from her this week.... a Miller Multimatic 215 with tig & spool gun :thumbsup:

In the meantime the BOM is coming along as I work out what I need. Bearing in mind the closest marine shop is a hour drive away or mail order, having a detailed list will save $ in the long run in both fuel & shipping.
Landy_Andy

Post by Landy_Andy »

Did a little over the last week or so... add two motor well boots, go the dash cut/helm mounted and trimmed out the remote mounting plate for fitting the Evinrude concealed remote on a custom top hat mount.

Also made a start removing the spray in foam.... what a right royal PITA :banghead:

Tomorrow it's heading to the local'ish boat shop to have the transom drilled as they have a jig and it'll save me a bit of work. Have found that I'm going to need a jacking plate to install the motor, short shaft transom & long shaft motor... so, that'll get ordered too.
Landy_Andy

Post by Landy_Andy »

Got the engine hung using a jacking plate due to the transom being for a short leg OB.

Finished off the 'top hat' mount for the concealed remote.

Next to work on a custom fuel tank & a battery / 2 stroke oil tank mount for the rear.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic