Boat Lifter

Mods and custom builds
BMac

Boat Lifter

Post by BMac »

Finally got the boat up onto the lifter- beats the heck out of fighting it out at the local boat ramp!

Cheers
Brendan
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Re: Boat Lifter

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Now that's how to paralell park! :D :D :D

Wish I could do that, looks sweet! :lol:

How fast does it go up and down??? easier on the bottom paint.

Mty
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Thats the only way to keep your ride at the water.

Very well done .

Just make sure your dock lines reach at low tide with the lift all the way down so you don't roll the boat over :wink:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
BMac

Post by BMac »

Thanks guys.

Ironwood, yeah, no more antifoul (bottom paint )to worry about. Had my last boat moored to this jetty in the water and hated what the paint did to the boat's performance and economy! :evil:
The lifter doesn't go up and down very fast, but it only takes a couple of minutes and you're ready to go- love it!

Welder, yeah good point about the dock lines. I just have a single rope that is tied on to the bow and stern and looped round the pylons, so when I lower the boat into the water, I just let out the appropriate amount of rope through my hands.
Cheers
Brendan
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

damn.......looky at that matching outboard cover too.

LIFE LOOKS SWEET, in your neighborhood.
BMac

Post by BMac »

Hey Jettywolf,

This is down in Mandurah, about an hour south of Perth, Western Australia.

It's a great part of the world! BTW these canals run off an Estuary not far upstream from the ocean and the water in them is pristine and full of small fish (and the odd big one)!
Cheers
Brendan
IN2DEEP
WON Super Star Donator '08, '09, '10, '11

Post by IN2DEEP »

Hey BMac,
I'll have to agree with Jetty.
Cool looking neighborhood!
Do you have a place that goes with the dock?
I see that it's at a different location from where you are.

I watched a video on-line of the AFC(Australian Fishing Championship) fishing in canals for bream that looked a lot like that.
http://www.myoutdoortv.com/show-microsi ... nship.html
I also really dug those monster Barramundi fish!
Fascinating fishing opportunities you have over there

Scott
1989 22' Walkaround Cuddy Bayrunner
2001 115 Merc. 4 stroke/1988 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke kicker
BMac

Post by BMac »

Hey IN2DEEP,

Actually, it's my folks place and they were good enough to let me put the lifter in and store my boat there!

Given that I do all my fishing down around that area, it's so much easier to lower the boat into the water and just go, rather than tow it down from Perth and use one of the public boat ramps.
Cheers
Brendan
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

super cool..... :!:

I went directly to Google Earth and see the canals.....and those Lakes that look Ocean fed. They look enormous. That has Jettywolf written all over it!

Is that pretty damn exclusive? Here in Florida that area would be one I'd just visit to pick up the wealthy charters.

So you say there's just smalL fish in there? What a small fish considered?
a couple pounds.....

Because to some I make my entire living catching just small fish compared to deep blue water fisherman, here.

But then again I can fish all day and be very challenged on 2 gallons of fuel.

Hanging out at Nino's fish & chips would suit me quite well.

The local photos of the area are great!!
I reccomend a quick fly thru via Google Earth, folks )

I have google earth connected that IF SOMEONE ON THIS FORUM HAS THEIR LOCATION IN THIER PROFILE PAGE (MY HUGE PET PEEVE, IF YOU DO NOT :!: ), OR MENTIONS AN AREA, ALL I HAVE TO DO IS HIGHLIGHT IT AND GOOGLE EARTH TAKES ME THERE.

I highlighted: Mandurah WA Austrailia.

Perth doesn't look shabby either.......
BMac

Post by BMac »

Hey Jettywolf,

Yeah, I suppose the canals are fairly exclusive. Average price of a house would be around $1.5-2 Million Aus.

There are lots of very small fish in the canals such as Herring, Whiting, Tarwhine, Flounder, Tailor, Salmon etc. that would only be 6-12 inches long (good fun for the kids) but there is also a good population of Black Bream from babies up to fish of 3 to 4 pounds. Bigger things include Stingrays (some massive) and Shovelnose Sharks but the best fish in the canals is the Mulloway which can be as small as 1 pound right up to 50 pound monsters. The bigguns are extremely hard to catch though!

Out in the estuary, the fishing is much the same but with the average size being a bit larger. You may have noticed that there are 3 rivers emptying into the estuaries, that over time have silted the system up so that now, it is very shallow (average only about 1.5 to 2 metres). The old-timers tell me that there used to be much deeper areas (up to 25 metres) and there were also some nice reefs that held good fish, but thats all covered up but sand and mud now. The biggest problem with bait fishing down here is the blowfish that are in plague proportions, so lures are the go in daylight hours with bait being more effective at night when the Blowies have "gone to bed".

I love it, it really is a great part of the world, but further down south there are some even better untouched estuarys that you would just love Jettywolf. Google up the "Broke Inlet". This stays land locked for much of the time and doesn't receive much fishing pressure. It has all of the usual fish, plus some nice Pink Snapper some years up to 9 pounds and sometimes a school of Australian Salmon aveaging 6-7 pounds can get land locked in there.

There are quite a few inlets down along the south west coast like this that you could spend months exploring!
Cheers
Brendan
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic