coating brushed Alloy

Mods and custom builds
harry kosta

coating brushed Alloy

Post by harry kosta »

I am starting to think ahead about building my acc for my tinny(rails,cutting board,grab rails)
I wont the brushed look 240grid approx.
I have been talking with the Nylic rep and he recommends this product as the best finish,durable outcome available.
What do you guys use and recommend?

Harry Kosta
welder
Site Admin

Re: coating brushed Alloy

Post by welder »

http://www.sharkhide.com

Member tbirder is the owner of this product and for what you are doing I think it would work best as it can be reapplied right at the boat ramp if need be to maintain the finish.

Take a look at their web site to see how it's used. There is a distributor down your way .

:thumbsup:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
harry kosta

Post by harry kosta »

Thanks welder I'll let you all know which way I'll go.

Harry Kosta
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Whats the diff between Sharkhide and Nyalic?
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Good Q.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

I think the best thing about Sharkhide is that it can be touched up Daily if need be , it is also less expensive in the long run once your Nyalic finish is gone.

I have a PM into , tbirder , to help explain and maybe answer some questions.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
tbirder

Post by tbirder »

Hey there guys,
First of all I want to thank welder for giving me a heads up on your post. I belong to close to a hundred different forums, and I have a hard time keeping up.
To be honest with you, I can't tell you the difference between Sharkhide and the other product. Since I've never used it before, I wouldn't want to say anything about theirs without some "hands on" knowledge to fall back on.
I'd kind of like to stay away from turning this thread into a commercial if you know what I mean. So if any of you fine folks have a specific set of questions or concerns, I'd love the chance to answer them for you.
Look forward to hearing from you guys.
Clint Bland
Flatwater Inc.
CHECK US OUT AT
www.sharkhide.com
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Clint,

As Chaps said.......what's the diff? That's the big question if any for many of us.

Maybe some comparitive tests and compatability tests would be a good thing. Many of us have Nyalic already on our hulls.
I do, and boy is mine beat to all hell and back from rubbing on the nylon sides of our docks here.
I do not use fenders....do not want to have to carry more chit with me.

I seen some Sharkhide convienently located on a shelf of my local West Marine....I blew the dust off the box and said to myself; "Self, can ya believe it? In seafoam green, ping-pong boat country??"
MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

tbirder wrote:Hey there guys,
First of all I want to thank welder for giving me a heads up on your post. I belong to close to a hundred different forums, and I have a hard time keeping up.
To be honest with you, I can't tell you the difference between Sharkhide and the other product. Since I've never used it before, I wouldn't want to say anything about theirs without some "hands on" knowledge to fall back on.
I'd kind of like to stay away from turning this thread into a commercial if you know what I mean. So if any of you fine folks have a specific set of questions or concerns, I'd love the chance to answer them for you.
Look forward to hearing from you guys.
Clint Bland
Flatwater Inc.

What can Sharkhide do for my boat and why do I want to use it?
My Workskiff is a '96 and has never been treated with anything. What proccess would I have to go through and what results could I expect?
Attachments
Side shot.jpg
Side shot.jpg (133.18 KiB) Viewed 5535 times
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
hazza

Post by hazza »

Brothers I have the Nyalic rep based very close to my workshop,and he has promised me that this product will
stop corrosion(white rust) pitting,discoloring, etc.
He advised me to also use it on my painted areas as it will protect the surface.
The Alloy trailer will be getting the same treatment also.
I have done some samples on some brushed alloy pieces and you cant see where you have applied it.
I like the fact that it doesn't have a gloss finish.

Harry Kosta
skypoke

Post by skypoke »

Yes, it would be nice if the Sharkhide website had some actual tech info on it. I got great support from Nyalic, they sent samples, brochures, lots of how to info.

Chuck
Texian, born and bred.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic