Donator '08 '09 '10

Can I Do This???

Post by AlloyToy »

SL Dave has me thinking :thumbsup:

Opinions on how it would ride????
MacCTD

Re: Can I Do This???

Post by MacCTD »

I think it would be a pretty nice setup, the only issues I can think of would be rerouting the cables and harness' from center console forward to the side console and the forward cabin area would be pretty shallow due to not being able to lower the floor, I am assuming you thinking of reworking a 23' Pacific.
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

MacCTD wrote:I think it would be a pretty nice setup, the only issues I can think of would be rerouting the cables and harness' from center console forward to the side console and the forward cabin area would be pretty shallow due to not being able to lower the floor, I am assuming you thinking of reworking a 23' Pacific.
Good points Mac....yeah I was just "kickin tires" wit the idea. Neat little project :thumbsup:
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

What if you took your side windows, rotated them forward and tilted like your windshield is now. Keep the helm in the center (just a few feet forward of where it is now) with access to the forward bunk area on either side. :?: :?: :?:
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Probably have to get new Hyd. cables for your steering , the rest should be fairly easy .

or

Take what you have now and make a 2nd helm [ Primary ] at the rear of the cabin and get remote steering and goodies for the forward controls .
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

SL Dave not sure I follow?? So you would access the berth from either side of the CC?

Also was thinking of the walk way being a step up but below the existing gunnel by 10" or so....of course this is all preliminary....

Lester, good idea :thumbsup:
Tin Cup
Donator10, 22

Post by Tin Cup »

welder wrote: Take what you have now and make a 2nd helm [ Primary ] at the rear of the cabin and get remote steering and goodies for the forward controls .
Love this idea. AT your top level sketch looks killer :thumbsup:
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

S L Dave wrote:What if you took your side windows, rotated them forward and tilted like your windshield is now. Keep the helm in the center (just a few feet forward of where it is now) with access to the forward bunk area on either side. :?: :?: :?:

Exact what I was thinking.

Why not have a center console in a cabin?? Is that so bad??
Cabin around it, bunks and/or seating to the side or behind.
Take off the hard top and just go around the whole thing with your idea.

Man, come to think of it that would be cool. :thumbsup:
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

Post by aluminumdreamer »

Like this? I would go for it. Get a heater and your boating season would get a whole lot longer. :thumbsup:
Attachments
today5.jpg
today5.jpg (84.4 KiB) Viewed 10074 times
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

AlloyToy wrote:SL Dave not sure I follow?? So you would access the berth from either side of the CC?

Also was thinking of the walk way being a step up but below the existing gunnel by 10" or so....of course this is all preliminary....

Lester, good idea :thumbsup:

I was just thinking that with your existing windows all facing front (if you were to use that idea), you would have the helm setup right in the center (where the access to the v-berth is now) for the best view. You could access the v-berth from either side instead of the center aisle. It may be a good use of space, giving you a little more seating on the starboard side...just leaving enough room to get by.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Alloy

I watch the news and they said it was snowing up your way.....did ya get any?

Holy crap, SNOW?

I have one question, why is there any center consoles up that way?

And does any one Striper fish / Weakfish etc. in bays? I've only saw a few pics from a few members with them.
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Ohh Ya....... It's aluminum anything is possible.

http://www.metalboatkits.com/custom%20k ... m_kits.htm

Wonder if Pacific Boats would design and cut out for you??????

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Gotcha SL Dave....great idea :thumbsup:

Jetty, YES!!! We've had snow last night and this morning :titanic: Just a dusting but windy and cold.....the year has sucked :skillet: no other way to put it :skillet: There are many Bass fishing (21ftCC comes to mind) and Squeteague can be found all over but I must say that the tuna fishing has become the NE addiction.

CC (Center Showers as many cal them) are a very user friendly fishing machine for all the fly fishermen, tuna casters etc... nothing like beeing in the bow throwing a popper at a busting school of fish :thumbsup:

Mojo, We have many Alum fabricators and material suppliers here in NE that I could use. I think the freight would be $$$ from the West coast. As a matter of fact Winninghoff is just down the road as is Yarde metals a big supplier to the alum boat building industry :thumbsup: But......this is kinda like your cabin with the SCS front end

aluminumdreamer, what make is your craft or is it custom built?? The heater is a great idea.....I'm getting old :rotfl:

The design I'm thinking would allow for a decent path to the bow for the anchor access etc without walking on the gunnels.... this could get interesting. I'm glad I found that original post with the guy in AK :thumbsup:
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

Post by aluminumdreamer »

aluminumdreamer, what make is your craft or is it custom built?? The heater is a great idea.....I'm getting old
My boat is a Cape Marine but haven't been able to find anything out about the builder. I don't know if they still exist, or if they ever built more than just my boat. The boat I posted a picture of is a Winninghoff, you can not walk around that pilot house. Mine on the other hand has tons of forward deck space, and still has the protection from the elements. I love the design of my pilot house, very functional.
Nate
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

aluminumdreamer wrote:
aluminumdreamer, what make is your craft or is it custom built?? The heater is a great idea.....I'm getting old
My boat is a Cape Marine but haven't been able to find anything out about the builder. I don't know if they still exist, or if they ever built more than just my boat. The boat I posted a picture of is a Winninghoff, you can not walk around that pilot house. Mine on the other hand has tons of forward deck space, and still has the protection from the elements. I love the design of my pilot house, very functional.
Nate
Any pics of your boat??
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

Alloy,

I think you could do it. Go to fleet pride to get new hyd cables made or there is a place in Dudley, MA. Just add extension hoses to it then you could pipe in a second helm.

Jettym

I woke up this morning around 4am and let the pup out to see snow falling. However we still had power.

Just last week I lost power twice, and I'm in the city!!! Reminded me to get the generator circuit for this year. The admiral was not a happy camper with no TV to watch. :sarge: So I took my sleeping bag and :popcorn:, then hopped in the boat for a mid day nap. God what made me pop the question. Jetty you have the life.

not my image
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

A case hardened "TOOL" made ya do that.

I be as free as a bird (broke but free. Momma always said, "two can live as cheap as one, but one can never live as good as two")
And don't let the door hit ya in the azz at 7:30 when Sienfeld comes on, is what I say. Phone goes off at 8pm.

Yep, we saw snow on the news here for ya'll. So Alloy better get moving with his welder/boat building buddy on those plans, so he can still fish in it.....Maybe that's when the tuna really bite. When it's freezing cold and no one else is around.

C'C'mon :thumbsup:
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Jack at Winninghoff is looking at the layout and will give me his thoughts....stay tuned :beer:
Last edited by AlloyToy on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

OH YOU WACKY WACKY GUY...YA JUST MAY END UP WITH A "ONE OFF" 23 PACIFIC/BLM HUH?
Challenge
Donator 08, 09,10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Post by Challenge »

Alloy,

How about shifting the pilothouse to the starboard side and using just the port side as a single wider walk, I have a 9'3" beam walk around now that feels tight getting forward in sloppy weather. I've seen the one side cabin on some European boats, It looks like it works well giving a wider walk but a large cabin space.

Just a thought...
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

http://www.pacificpilothouse.com/why_us.html

Yes I know Costs, Weight and Aesthetics. Just a different Idea.

Regards
Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
jrbaldwin
Donator '08

Post by jrbaldwin »

I bought the boat as a bare hull after it had been stolen and stripped.

It was originally a CC. I had the CC removed and a cabin added.

Now I can use the boat year around in comfort. I launch out of Port Townsend and fish, crab & shrimp in the straits where it gets rough and the water is cold most of the year.
Before.jpg
Before.jpg (8.57 KiB) Viewed 9624 times
After.jpg
After.jpg (135.98 KiB) Viewed 9626 times
22ft Lee Shore Swiftsure, Glyde Ryde Seats, Yahama 150 & 8 HT, 110 gallons fuel
C120 Chart Plotter / GPS / Fishfinder / Radar / AIS / Heading Sensor, DSC VHF
NMEA 2000 & Yamaha Command Link Networks, EPIRB

16.5 Hewsecaft Sea Runner, 40 HP Mercury
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Jrbaldwin........ Me likey :thumbsup: That is probably perfect for AT......... Any pictures of her interior?????

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

mojomizer wrote:Jrbaldwin........ Me likey :thumbsup: That is probably perfect for AT......... Any pictures of her interior?????

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Correct...OUTSTANDING :thumbsup: We need to see more of your boat :thumbsup: Looks awesome :thumbsup: Did you do the work yourself??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic