SHARKHIDE METAL PROTECTANT

Mods and custom builds
tbirder

SHARKHIDE METAL PROTECTANT

Post by tbirder »

tbirder

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:51 pm Post subject: SHARKHIDE METAL PROTECTANT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ruggit wrote:
What is Sharkhide? Is it similar to Nyalic? Can it be applied over Nyalic type products?

Hey there ruggit,
Although I've heard of the other product, I don't have any hands on with it, so I wouldn't want to tell you it's ok to apply Sharkhide over it. But I can fill you in on Sharkhide.
Sharkhide is a metal protectant you can wipe or spray on any type of metal. Once it dries (aprox 60 to 90 seconds), it seals and protects the metal from stuff like stains, streaks, water lines, in both fresh and salt water. It also protects your hull from salt, and mag chloride spray from the roads. It doesn' chip, peel or flake off, and all you do to maintain it, is wipe a new coat right over the old one every few years.
I hope I hit all the high points for you. If not just ask, and I'll try to answer.
Clint
v26wa

Post by v26wa »

tell us more. how much is needed to coat a 23' boat ? , a 26' ?. where do we buy it ? details, details..... looks good!
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Hey guys , I just spent some time with the sharkman on the phone and he will be out of town for the weekend [ no PC ] we will here more from him at the first of the week.

Clint explaned how this product works and how easy it is to maintain and when the finish on my Pacific is gone I may use this product, it sounds perty cool and rael aesy to use and even easier to maintain,
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Bob Davis

Post by Bob Davis »

Hi Clint I talked to you some on ifish.net I never got around to putting the Sharkhide on my Duckworth. I upgraded and gave that boat to my son in Arizona. By the time he got it it was pretty will oxidized from salt and alkali up at Pyramid Lake Nevada. So I gave him the two cans of sharkhide. He got the boat back to almost factory shine but when he put on the first coat of Sharkhide I think he used a baby diaper that I think might have been a brand that was to rough and it streaked. My question is this. If he gets a softer applicator and puts on another coat will that smooth out the streaks?Thanks ahead of time for your advice. Bob
2006 23' Aluminum Chambered Boat Waverunner,twin Suzuki 140s,T8 kicker,Raymarine e120. Favorite places, off the Golden Gate,Tahoe,Pyramid Lake Nevada.
tbirder

SHARKHIDE

Post by tbirder »

Greg P

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:30 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks good tbird. I want to polish the unpainted gunnels and bowrails on my boat. Are some of the finishes on the web page achieved with a buff or all done by hand ?

Hey there Greg,
Most all of the polish jobs you see on my site are done with my metal polish, and a good high quality (Makita, Dewalt, Bosch etc.) variable speed buffer. Polishing is a tough nasty job. But then again, if it was easy, we'd all have polished boats.
Clint
tbirder

Post by tbirder »

v26wa wrote:tell us more. how much is needed to coat a 23' boat ? , a 26' ?. where do we buy it ? details, details..... looks good!
Hey there v26wa,
Good questions.
All you need to do a 23' is one quart. But I'll try to talk you into two. Not that I'm trying to get into your Bloomers, but with two quarts, you'll have more than enough for two good coats on your boat, plus you'll have plenty on hand to do touch ups through out the seasons, but you'll also have plenty on hand to do your re coats for several years to come. Sharkhide never goes bad in the can, so five or ten years from now, you'll still be able to use it.
You can go to my web site (www.sharkhide.com) and place an order. I promise to ship it to you the same day.
Clint
tbirder

sharkhide

Post by tbirder »

Bob Davis wrote:Hi Clint I talked to you some on ifish.net I never got around to putting the Sharkhide on my Duckworth. I upgraded and gave that boat to my son in Arizona. By the time he got it it was pretty will oxidized from salt and alkali up at Pyramid Lake Nevada. So I gave him the two cans of sharkhide. He got the boat back to almost factory shine but when he put on the first coat of Sharkhide I think he used a baby diaper that I think might have been a brand that was to rough and it streaked. My question is this. If he gets a softer applicator and puts on another coat will that smooth out the streaks?Thanks ahead of time for your advice. Bob
Hey Bob,
Sorry your son had some problems. The basic answer to your question is yes. He can smooth out a bad job with another coat. Sharkhide is self etching, meaning when you put a new coat over an old one, it partially melts the surface of the original coat, and the new one blends right in.
But just to be sure I understand his problem, I would suggest you have him give me a ring so we can be sure that's what happened. tell him he can reach me 24/7 at 618-624-4091. I want to be sure he's happy.
Clint
tbirder

Post by tbirder »

welder wrote:Hey guys , I just spent some time with the sharkman on the phone and he will be out of town for the weekend [ no PC ] we will here more from him at the first of the week.

Clint explaned how this product works and how easy it is to maintain and when the finish on my Pacific is gone I may use this product, it sounds perty cool and rael aesy to use and even easier to maintain,
Hey Les,
Thanks for the kind words. I look forward to working with you in the future.
Clint
Bob Davis

Re: sharkhide

Post by Bob Davis »

tbirder wrote:
Bob Davis wrote:Hi Clint I talked to you some on ifish.net I never got around to putting the Sharkhide on my Duckworth. I upgraded and gave that boat to my son in Arizona. By the time he got it it was pretty will oxidized from salt and alkali up at Pyramid Lake Nevada. So I gave him the two cans of sharkhide. He got the boat back to almost factory shine but when he put on the first coat of Sharkhide I think he used a baby diaper that I think might have been a brand that was to rough and it streaked. My question is this. If he gets a softer applicator and puts on another coat will that smooth out the streaks?Thanks ahead of time for your advice. Bob
Hey Bob,
Sorry your son had some problems. The basic answer to your question is yes. He can smooth out a bad job with another coat. Sharkhide is self etching, meaning when you put a new coat over an old one, it partially melts the surface of the original coat, and the new one blends right in.
But just to be sure I understand his problem, I would suggest you have him give me a ring so we can be sure that's what happened. tell him he can reach me 24/7 at 618-624-4091. I want to be sure he's happy.
Clint
Thanks Clint- I'll tell my kid he needs to get ahold of you and while he is at it he should join this site.

Bob
2006 23' Aluminum Chambered Boat Waverunner,twin Suzuki 140s,T8 kicker,Raymarine e120. Favorite places, off the Golden Gate,Tahoe,Pyramid Lake Nevada.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

quote: "Hey Bob,
Clint"

I guess that pretty much answers the question about can it go over a Nyalic coating. It may melt it too(?)
Many of our boats have this applied already:
http://www.nyalic.com/

Hmmm...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic