Nice cooler

Mods and custom builds
fishontop

Nice cooler

Post by fishontop »

Anyone have any thoughts on a nice heavy duty cooler that I can put in front of my center console to use as a fish hold, seat, extra sttorage? I don't mind spending some money but not crazy money. I have my eye on the Yeti Sherpa 145 qt for $385.00 I would love to hear input if anyone else has a better suggestion. Here is a pic of where the cooler will go.

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

The world of "High Class" coolers have gone wild out there....huh??

I remember when I bought my SSI - 186 qt. and they also made a 320 Qt. which was way to too big. There wasn't 50 "HD" Coolers to choose from.

I had that 186 SSI for 10 years on the deck of my boat, never ever took it out. It had 3-400 pound Human's sit on it, Kids jump on it, and was one tough fish coffin. And is still in use today on my old boat.

So a quality product can be worth it.

Those hebrew coolers, the Yeti's....are sure nice, though pricey. Possibly worth it in the long run?????

http://www.alltackle.com/icey_tek_fish_coolers.htm
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

GREAT COOLER!

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

I just replacd my 90quart Icey Tek cooler which was great for my soda. It would freeze the water and beers in one hour and keep Ice for days, with a larger unit which has the same ice keeping ability but larger and a removeable rack to keep the food on and is higher wider and deeper for using as a seat it is 155qt.
Although both coolers are expensive, when your offshore the last thing you want to loose is your ice! Worth every penny. In fact to keep my tuna steaks sushi grade at home during the wek, I am bringing my smaller Icey Tec home.

Good Luck.

ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic