Flexible rubberized coating

Mods and custom builds
waterdog247
Donator '10, '12, '13

Flexible rubberized coating

Post by waterdog247 »

So the plan now after doing much research is to line the hold with 1 1/2" closed cell foam sheets. They are easy to cut, nonabsorbent. It is the same stuff that is above the headliner in the cabin. http://www.homedepot.com/Building-Mater ... =202938957

On top of the foam core, an application of a rubberized spray or roll-on material would waterproof and provide further insulation. Material such as this-
http://www.tuffcoat.net/wordpress/products-commercial/

If anyone has a recommendation for this, I am all ears.

I spoke with the local Rhino-lining guy, and he was more than willing to shoot it, but wasn't sure it would hold up in a marine application.
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Re: Flexible rubberized coating

Post by goatram »

Glue the Foam in with Contact cement. Install FRP , to make it Waterproof NON ALLOY tape. Couple of layers across the Seams should do the trick. I think the Rino Liner will tear and not last long in the hold.
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

What ever you do below decks make sure the materials you are going to use ARE COMPATIBLE with the type of Alloy your boat is made out of. When doing what you want to do make sure you leave the center line open and make sure moisture can and WILL drain to the center line then to the rear unobstructed.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I've used the Tuff Coat stuff before..."but it came with rubber "grit" in it".

And ole Marty from NY used it to cover the back deck of his giant Ironwood boat. It's a decent DIY stuff, and yes rubbery, and never goes super hard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic