First AGM Died

Mods and custom builds
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

First AGM Died

Post by AlloyToy »

Well finally lost the first group 24 AGM I purchased for my boat.......got 8 seasons outta it which equals 64 months here in the north east

Whatcha guys buying these days :?: Prices on these are up about 30% :soap:
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: First AGM Died

Post by Chaps »

I've still got the three sears platinum plus marine grp 34's that I put in during the repower about 4-5 years ago and they are going strong. Rarely ever need to put a charger on them (once each winter) and pretty much are always reading 13+ volts when I go down to run the boat. I have no shore power or on-board charger just the suzuki 225 alternator keeps them up. These are the same as Odyssey agm's but cheaper and avail locally

1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

ALLOY....

Hey Buddy I was just thinking about asking ya'll about that last week.

I got two Lifeline AGM's with my boat too, 6-1/2 years ago.

AT NO TIME are they not on a charger. I have a on-board charger that is set to AGM and holds the charge on them.

So, that great. You got that much from them.

I know when I replace I already found a LifeLine dealer here in Bazzaro land (believe it or not!)

And will do all I can to use these quality batteries again.

Probably the best upgrade I even made on any purchase.

http://www.lifelinebatteries.com/marinedeepcycle.php

Made in the USA

AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

I'm guilty...never put mine on a charger. How are those lifeline's priced Capt. Dave??

Chaps, was considering running over to Sears to take a peek.....but everything online says my local store doesn't stock marine batteries.....
Challenge
Donator 08, 09,10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Post by Challenge »

Hi John,

I just purchased the Cabela AGM battery, It was on special for $129... I had also looked into the interstate AGM but they were twice the price of the Cabela. I was replacing a 8 year old AGM from west marine that came with the boat.

Let us know what U pick & Catch em up!

Cheers

Rick
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

AlloyToy wrote:I'm guilty...never put mine on a charger. How are those lifeline's priced Capt. Dave??

Chaps, was considering running over to Sears to take a peek.....but everything online says my local store doesn't stock marine batteries.....

I believe they are about $250 for BIG ones. I know the ones I have in my boat are quite large. Don't know the exact model.

$250 divided by say 8 years (96 MONTHS) that's a whopping $2.60 a month per battery.

Not bad. But maybe they're cheaper.

7 years ago Jay said they were a $200 UP grade. So for two Lifelines (really highly rated) that's $100 per battery more than a regular lead acid. Given that Pacific ain't adding anything to your boat for "NO MARK UP", let's say just $50 per battery. So for $100 more 7 years ago for two Lifelines over plain lead acid wet batteries.

Sounded like a deal to me. Si I naturally did it.

YES, Cabelas sells AGM's......What brand????? Who knows. And sometimes they run a "package deal". 1-3 batteries with a matching on-board charger, for a good price.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Ended up pulling the trigger on a group 24 Cabela's AGM replacement.....on sale now :beer:
onwhiskeycreek

Post by onwhiskeycreek »

I had 1 AGM die this winter due to a bad ground connection to it, or so i thought. My batteries are always on the AGM onboard charger during the winter, and when it's docked in Klawock. Pulled the battery and put it on a smart charger and it said the battery was bad. Have a old school craftsman battery charger and set it to the 50 amp start/charge setting and it read 0 amps. Left it hooked up and came back about 20 minutes later and it was taking a 25 amp charge. Let the battery rest and then rehooked it up to the smart charger and it topped off the battery and read 100% (what ever that is). We'll finish out the season with it and put it on our resupply list. (that boat has 3 Optima AGM's)

Gary
28 Alumaweld, 26 Olympic, 23 McGregor Venture sailboat, 5 Kayaks, 2 canoes, white water raft and cat, beach skiff and a rib
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I'm going on 7 years soon with two large (don't know exact size) Lifeline AGM's.

Boat is never NOT plugged into on board "smart" battery charger, when idle at home.

Because of that, I hope to see 8-9 years. That would be grand.

Will go with exact same batteries when they die. I've NEVER had batteries so good, that last so long and are of course....

Like the boat. Maintenance free :!:
MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

Speaking of AGM batteries, does anyone know if they can go bad if not used? I bought one 4 years ago and never used it, it has been sitting in the box I received it in.
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

MacCTD wrote:Speaking of AGM batteries, does anyone know if they can go bad if not used? I bought one 4 years ago and never used it, it has been sitting in the box I received it in.
Hook it up to one of the new smart chargers and you will know right away....
markh2000
Sponsor

Post by markh2000 »

For the best deal on a quality AGM marine grade starter battery, check out our "Fullriver" brand of AGM batteries we stock and distribute to the marine industry. At or above Odyssey Battery quality for much less money with the same guaranty. We also stock the Genius brand of marine charging system to keep your batteries in top shape. Check out our selection here at: http://pacificpowertraininc.com/product ... -chargers/
We also carry Odyssey and Optima batteries as well as Centennial brand lead acid deep cycle marine batteries. We have what you need and can ship anywhere, and with 5 batteries or more, with free shipping here in the Northwest.
Attachments
Fullriver large engine AGM starter batteries
Fullriver large engine AGM starter batteries
DSCF2455.jpg (109.56 KiB) Viewed 8093 times
markh2000
Sponsor

Post by markh2000 »

Also have all the smaller size batteries for your ATV's PWC's motorcycles and many others
Attachments
Small engine batteries as well
Small engine batteries as well
DSCF2480_renamed_25475.jpg (86.4 KiB) Viewed 8091 times
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic