If they say; ALL-u-minn-ee-yum just a few more times, i'll buy some

[BBvideo 560,340]http://youtu.be/82OulUKKMWQ[/BBvideo]

EBAY BEST PRICE AND FREE SHIPPING

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200951559179?ss ... 1497.l2649
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: Your ALL-u-minn-ee-yum boats

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I told ya if they said Alu-min-ee-yum just a few more damn times I'd buy some of this shet......so I did :!:

EBAY:

$24.00 - 2 ounce tub, free shipping. Best deal I could find. Some azzwipes wanted 11.95 shipping after saying "WE SELL TEF-GEL AT 20% OFF"......
sure ya do
:!:

Just coated every bolt, screw, and thing-a-ma-jig on the jettywolf I could find or may someday want to replace. THOUGHT PACIFIC WOULD USE THIS ON THEIR BOATS. BUT I GUESS NOT, BECAUSE I HAVE A FEW ITEMS I'LL NEVER GET LOOSE AFTER 7 YEARS, NOW. Even broke a screw, and had to replace it because it was so "frozen" in place. (thanks :idea: :idea: )

Yes, I have days on end to play boat mechanic.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Great deal Capt. Dave!!! I bought a tub of the stuff years ago when I rigged my boat :thumbsup: oh :idea: I though a lot too BTW :deadhorse:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

See....that's what we get for "Thinkin".

Maybe I ought to add that topic to "dawgaholics list of new boat must haves".
capesteve

Post by capesteve »

Jetty: No kidding I don't get why Pacific wouldn't use this stuff when they put their boats together! I just had to remove the switch panel on my console to get to the fuses and the screws were so locked in I broke a couple off. Same with the compass and fire extinguisher bracket. Pain in the but
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

YEAH WELL,

I don't know what to tell ya. I have worked many of my fasteners back and forth over the years, and some added just plain teflon paste in non watery areas.

I have a few non crucial bolts that hold my wiring raceway behind my windshield, that get soaked all the time that won't budge. But then again theres no reason for me to budge them anyhow.

Yep. You'd think, huh????

Oh what a few years teaches ya, huh???
Pelagic Boats

Post by Pelagic Boats »

We have been using this stuff for a few years now and its a great product that really does work. Cant go wrong.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

capesteve wrote:Jetty: No kidding I don't get why Pacific wouldn't use this stuff when they put their boats together! I just had to remove the switch panel on my console to get to the fuses and the screws were so locked in I broke a couple off. Same with the compass and fire extinguisher bracket. Pain in the but
Steve, was your boat rigged at Pacific or in Maine?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
speedboats

Post by speedboats »

JETTYWOLF wrote:If they say; ALL-u-minn-ee-yum just a few more times, i'll buy some
It's how it is spelt. I had this issue when working in NC and found it easier to drop the extra 'i'. Inside the US it is spelt and pronounced Aluminum, while everyone else adds an extra 'i' in there; Aluminium.

Much like how we say a vehicle 'careers' out of control, while inside the US they 'careen' out of control
Mum - Mom

There are no doubt others, but none immediately come to mind.
welderbob
Donator ,15

Post by welderbob »

Using Tef Gel is all about time. That little dap on ever screw is time consuming. You get that little bit on the screw and then its stringy as you move the screw away. We make a conscience effort to use it.

Welderbob
capesteve

Post by capesteve »

welder wrote:
capesteve wrote:Jetty: No kidding I don't get why Pacific wouldn't use this stuff when they put their boats together! I just had to remove the switch panel on my console to get to the fuses and the screws were so locked in I broke a couple off. Same with the compass and fire extinguisher bracket. Pain in the but
Steve, was your boat rigged at Pacific or in Maine?
Welder: I bought the boat used several years ago. The original owner was in upstate New York, so presumably got the boat from Maine. I think the rigging was done by pacific.

A related topic: the seat cushion on the back storage compartment was secured to the aluminum with stainless steel snaps, which of course became completely corroded over time. I have seen several other Pacifics with the same problem. I drilled them out and now have the cushion secured with velcro strips which works well. I can't understand why Pacific would finish the boat like that knowing that it is destined to fail in salt water environment... SD
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

If the boat was bought from Blacklab, it was probably rigged there.
Like jetty said "It's amazing what a few years will teach us" and that is why we started this web site, to learn better ways to do things and YES the manufactures do listen to what we say and the problems we have with our Alloy Boats.
Thank the Lord we have Men like Kmorin and the like as well as long time Alloy owners from around the World along with Manufactures.

Uh-lum-num boots are FUN to play with, yes.

Oh yeah, just here in the states can be fun when meeting people from different parts of the country....

I use "TAR" on the roof for repairs and in Indiana they have "TARS" on their car.
I "Get Ready" to go to work but here in Texas they are" FIXEN TOO" go to work.
When I meet someone I haven't seen in a while, I say "How ya been doing" in Arkansas they say " Ya all right"
I say "Would you like to go fishing on Saturday and here in Texas they say "Yall want ta fish es weekend" [keep in mind there is only ONE of me]
LIFE IS GOOD........................Yall
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
capesteve

Post by capesteve »

don't get me wrong I love my boat and am a big fan of Pacific....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic