Bottom Paint on Aluminum Boat

Mods and custom builds
ReelSong

Re: Bottom Paint on Aluminum Boat

Post by ReelSong »

On my last boat I used a product by Dupont called metalloc and put Pettit vivid directly over it. It's been 5 years and still looks great. Is there a reason not to use this product?
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

I've never heard of it and the product name doesn't come up as a coating in a google search so can't comment on it . . . there are lots of systems out there, not all are rated for 100% immersion duty. As a marine service my clients expect me to use brand name marine products and I've had great results with the items I've listed though I have no doubt other stuff would work fine as well.
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
ReelSong

Post by ReelSong »

Copy that, your the expert. I'll probably use the process you recommend, last time I asked industrial finish for there best epoxy primer coat for aluminum and that's what I got. I'll do some more research before I start for sure.
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Bob

Sanding Sucks.
face1.jpg
face2.jpg
face3.jpg
My Shop flor is layered in a Fine Black Dust that is near impossible to clean. I went out and picked up a new GREEN Product with Wax instead of oil. Sweeping Compound. When we used it in Aircraft Hangers in the Air Force all it was, was Sawdust and Oil sprinkle on the floor and sweep it around some and it picked up the nasty Concrete dust. Report on the product tomorrow. also how easy or hard it is to recoat one of Chaps Paint Jobs.
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

goatram wrote:Bob

Sanding Sucks.
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. That's why I blast now, even when prepping existing paint
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic