Koffler bay bee price

Mods and custom builds
dflorea

Koffler bay bee price

Post by dflorea »

I'm looking a a Later model Koffler bay bee cc. I can't find a value on it as Koffler boats on NADA guide stop at year 2000. I ran into an issue on a Wooldridge purchase two years back when financing would not go through due to less popular brands. To say the least not a good experience for myself or the seller.
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Re: Koffler bay bee price

Post by kmorin »

dflorea,
isn't that what a marine surveyor helps you to do? They are recognized as an independent, marine professional who is able to declare market value any an in-person inspection?

As to banks/credit unions and so on... lending or not lending on a given brand of boat? in my experience (very limited to Alaskan markets) if there is a marine survey by an accredited surveyor (?) then most of the lending institutions here will accept that 3rd party's opinion of value?

Not helping, don't know much about the value of any given manufacturer's models for different years... just remarking about the book/index listing values vs the surveyor's value?

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
alumioforte

Re: Koffler bay bee price

Post by alumioforte »

Honestly, I think NADA guides are not always the best rule of thumb. They are tailored more for hugely popular generic brands. Boats built specifically for the northwest environment are usually small companies, and comparing them to the run of the mill mass produced Lund, SmokerCraft, Bayliner, SeaRay, G3, on and on and on is hardly a comparison.

To get a true value estimate it kind of has to be like a real estate agent, comparing homes (in this case boats) sold in the area of similar features and size etc.. just my thoughts, not sure if it makes any sense.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic