Prayers for fellow AABer

Dedicated to the spirit of Marty McMillan
v26wa

Prayers for fellow AABer

Post by v26wa »

http://www.thehulltruth.com/forums/thre ... 3&posts=11

Just read this over on THT. My prayers & thoughts go out to you & your family.

http://www.noreast.com/discussion/ViewT ... _ID=120880
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Re: Prayers for fellow AABer

Post by S L Dave »

Oh my GOD no...
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

So very sorry to hear about Marty, there are no words to express the horror I'm sure the entire AAB community feels at this time of sorrow. To the family please accept my condolences and know my thoughts and prayers are with you.Clambo/Mike
M1911

Post by M1911 »

Rest in peace, Marty.
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

This is an absolute shock . . . somebody please say it isn't so

Marty, rest in peace friend
Daddy'O

Post by Daddy'O »

Oh my.................I just heard the news from Lester who's on his way home from Kentucky.

This is horrible news. I never got to meet Marty in person, but felt I had known him my whole life through this & many other forums he was a member of.

Hang in there Cody, your Dad will watch over you.

RIP Marty.

Wayne
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Good God this can't be........

Marty you will be sadly missed here at AAB.............. we will not forget you.

Cody my deepest sympathy to you, your family and friends. May God bless you and watch over you and your family.

This is just not fair...........
peterbo3
Contributor

Post by peterbo3 »

So very sad. My condolences to Marty's family. But one small consolation was that Marty died doing what he loved. RIP.
Regards,

Pete in Brisbane
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

This Topic has been moved to Marty's own forum , above the Q & A's forum .

Thank you .
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
BrianW

Post by BrianW »

Truly a crying shame. My prayers and best wishes go out to his family. I recall his postings with much affection and appreciation. A sad say for all, a sad day for his fellow mariners. Thank the good Lord he was doing something he loved, with people he loved. Another special prayer for those personally affected, may they feel the peace they need at this time.
Brian
Relentless

Post by Relentless »

As a new registered member of this great site, I am sorry that this has to be my first post. I did not know Marty and knew of him through his posts here and on another site. From reading everything he wrote I could tell he was a great person who loved to fish and help out people. His family will be in my thoughts and prayers during this tragic time.

Dave Waldrip
Jay Perrotta
Sponsor/Donator

Post by Jay Perrotta »

Awful. Simply Awful.

Cody - I'm so sorry.

Marty lived life as life should be lived. Doing what he loved - Hunting, fishing. Doing it with those he loved - Cody. Unapologetic. Dogged. Intense. Loyal.

My family's thoughts and prayers are with you.
Jay Perrotta
Bullshipper

Post by Bullshipper »

Hang in there Cody
slug420

Post by slug420 »

:sad:
bluffman2

Post by bluffman2 »

May God be with the family....such a terrible loss......Marty rest in peace
Tin Cup
Donator10, 22

Post by Tin Cup »

This is stunning, a very sad day for all :cry: :cry: :cry:
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

I am almost at a total loss of words as I take this all in. Rest in Peace Marty. Cody hang in there. It may be rough at first but I think your dad would want you to hold your head high and remember everything he taught you. I know I will remember the advise he gave me in pm's and on here. He will always be remembered. My condolence's go out to Cody, Cody's mother, and Marty's wife.
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
IRONWOODTUNA(CODY)

Post by IRONWOODTUNA(CODY) »

i thank you all for your support and i went to the other links and that press release isn't totally correct
this i what really happened . . .

We went out fishing Sunday 11/30/08 we left the dock at 6:15AM after getting breakfast over at gaviolas with the other two guys that joined us on our trip.
We ran 17miles to Apple tree a wreck to try and find some bigger black fish and maybe some codfish. We pulled anchor3-4 times and never found the wreck or rough bottom.
we then moved 5 miles back to where we limited out on black fish the day before(Saturday) at South Western Ledge a big rock pile.We anchored up but fishing wasn't great, mostly begauls and only 1 black fish. so my dad wanted to pull the anchor and move up a little more because we were off the ledge. We started pulling the anchor but the anchor ball never popped up and this has happened before when we snagged something. We pulled rope in for about 15-20 min and finally got to the chain. My dad put the boat in neutral and came to the back of the boat to help us. We puled the anchor up and saw the lobster pot line, but he didn't want to cut it because it's the lobster guys lively hood and how he makes a living . then the anchor got pulled out of my dad hands because the boat was drifting so my dad let some rope out and told me to go to the helm.
he said "okay Cody put in reverse"i put in in reverse than he said "okay good, now neutral" so i did then he said"forward quick" and i put it in gear and added some throttle. . . and as i did he was standing on top of all the rope we had already brought in and the rope started going out as i started to circle around for another try.
My dad's leg got wrapped wth the rope and he went over i heard him yell and i put it in neutral. the other guy yelled man overboard as i watched my dad hold onto the gunnel trying to get it off his leg and got pulled over. I put the boat in neutral and went and got a throw ring and had the guys throw it to my dad as i went on the radio to call in a man overboard on channel 16.
i saw my dad floating with his head above the water next to the orange anchor ball and i started to head towards hima nd tiold the guys to get ready to grab him. . . they missed
i circl around this time my dad on my side
he was already under water but i pulled his head up and had both my arms under his arms trying to keep his head above the water
he was unconcious the boat was drifting and he got pulled out of my arms and was under again.
i circled around real quick and this time one of the guys got out a galf. they got his jacket and as they pulled to bring him in his jacket came off.
then i started backing down and got halfway to where i assumed my dad was and wrapped the prop with our anchor rope because the guys onboard didnt know to tell me where the line was so that didnt happen.
throughtout this i was on the radio with the coast guard and the other two gys onboard with us were shooting flares at the closest boat which we found out later was the viienne.
we finally got them to come over and by then he was already under a good ten minutes and unconcious. myself and the two otherguys on our boat were just yelling some many different things that i dont think the Vivienne new what we wanted them to do.
we finnaly got across to them that we were disabled and that my dad was still underwater straight out the back of our boat.
they grabbed the lin with a galf and followed it until they got to the bouy with my dad next to it .
they cut the anchor and brought my dad aboard and i am unsure of what they did after that.
I was now adrift and i pulled in all the anchor line and got two wraps off the prop but i couldnt get anymore off.
the reason for this was because the vivienne is a downeastern and cant go as fast as i could so i knew my dad would have a better chance if i coudl get hiom onto our boat and i didnt care how rough i wa sgoing to get him back.
the vivienne couldnt transfer my dad to a coast guard boat because it was to rough

i love my dad and i hope he lived happily and i know that he will still look out for me.
and all i wish is that the cold got to him before the more painful suffereing underwater

Cody A. McMillan
Reelized

Post by Reelized »

So so sorry for your loss.
"Can't sleep,the clowns will eat me!"
Ironwood Boats

Post by Ironwood Boats »

Marty was a huge man. A man with honor. A man that cared for the ones around him.

I will remember him forever.

My condolences to Cody and to his Wife.

Sincerely
John
srd

Post by srd »

Truly sad news. My families thoughts and prayers are with you.

Stan.
Stan.

Anchor Management
IN2DEEP
WON Super Star Donator '08, '09, '10, '11

Post by IN2DEEP »

I am very saddened by this news :cry: :cry: :cry:

Cody,
My heart goes out to you, your mother and your step mom.
You dad seemed so passionate with everything that he was involved with. Always interested and willing to help with ideas and advice.
"The modifier" will always be remembered.
Keep going with your videos and as The Rock said: Hold your head high. Be proud of him and always remember what he has taught you.

Scott
1989 22' Walkaround Cuddy Bayrunner
2001 115 Merc. 4 stroke/1988 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke kicker
Challenge
Donator 08, 09,10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Post by Challenge »

Cody,

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers....

Rick
BMac

Post by BMac »

Condolences to Cody and family.

I only knew of Marty through the valuable contributions he made to this excellent website but obviously he was held in extremely high regard by all who knew him well.

Gone too soon.
Cheers
Brendan
Greg P

Post by Greg P »

Cody - all my prayers and thoughts to you, your family and friends.

Your dad was a special guy only too happy to help anyone here. He would be very proud of you at the moment.

regards

Greg Paxton
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic