MY DAD

Dedicated to the spirit of Marty McMillan
IRONWOODTUNA(CODY)

MY DAD

Post by IRONWOODTUNA(CODY) »

The arrangement's have been made and i appreciate all of you helping me

if you woukld like to come you are more than welcome and here is the info.

It will be held at OSHEA FUNERAL HOME in EAST MEADOW NY
WEDNSDAY 2-4PM
7-9PM
THURSDAY 2-4PM
7-9PM
FRIDAY 10AM SERVICE
If you have any other questions just send me a PM
thanks
Cody
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: MY DAD

Post by Chaps »

Cody, Your dad must be very proud of you at this moment. It takes a special young man to reach out and connect up with his friends and cohorts as you are doing right now and at such a painful time as this. I would love to be at your dad's service physically and deeply appreciate the invitation. I will definitely attend with my thoughts and prayers and, for you and your mom, please accept my sincere condolences for your tragic loss.

Bob Selzler
Washington State
Illgotoo
Donator '12

Post by Illgotoo »

Cody,

I only know your dad through this (and one other) on-line boating forum. Yet his
postings have helped me with practical advise, as well as general inspiration for
boating and fishing.

It takes a lot of courage and strength of character as you have shown to
navigate through a situation such as this. Keep it going.

I wish I could attend the services, but I live near Boston. I will remember your
dad from his writing and wish the best to you and your family.

Kind regards,
-Tom Webber
It's not getting what you want. It's wanting what you got. -Sheryl Crow

15' Stabi-craft
17' Safeboat
18' Eaglecraft
16' Eaglecraft
amfboats
Sponsor

Post by amfboats »

Hi Cody

I was in shock reading the posts regarding your dad, a complete tragedy.

It is amazing the sense of community you feel on this forum and you feel as though you have lost a friend, which we all have.

My condolences to you and your family.

Kind regards

Bevan
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Cody, have not read your post about your pops yet, but that's here nor there. Welder called me, and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I do not know what to say other than, I couldn't feel any more sorry for what happened.
The story is near and dear to all of us here.

my condolences, your dad was a super sportsman that we all admire and respect.
BaileysBoat

Post by BaileysBoat »

Cody & Family,

Condolences. Thinking of you and your family.

Bill Paul
Stanley Islander 19, Yamaha F150.
CarolMizer

Post by CarolMizer »

Was so incredibly shocked as I read my email at work . Could not really believe it. As I let Mark know, we both just sat knowing we had lost a dear friend. We are so, so sorry for your loss and truly hope each day your understanding of that day is that he is not lost and will not be forgotten, but he will be remembered by so many.
The posts and pictures from Marty were always fun to track and read. I was always impressed with the passion in the posts and the compassion for his beloved boat, his pride for his son / fishing buddy.
We are thinking of your family at this sad time.
Carol, Mark and Maggie
(The mizer 3)
Carol-------> I'm with Mojo
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Ever since I was informed about this tragic event I could not bring myself to believe it was true. I have repeatedly have tried to type a appropriate response but the words seemed hollow compared to Marty, his accomplishments and the multitudes of lives he touched. I was viewing all of Cody's videos on........... the Xiao Mu Ji web site http://tunafishingmontaukstyle.wetpaint.com/?t=anon You could see the passion he had for the outdoors, his beloved battleship and in his rigging of vehicles and fishing gear (Gotta love a guy who can troll that many lines effectively). Most of all his love and pride in son Cody his wife Nancy and her wonderful recipes and fishing buddy Al. I do not know if alot of AABers have seen this article http://www.27east.com/story_detail.cfm?id=183136

Gone but never forgotten. I suggest we all have a bit of Marty's passion for life and fishing. I for one will do everything I can to "Take a Vet/soldier Fishing" and keep that spirit alive.

Cody I know Marty would be very proud of you and how you have handled yourself. I hope you carry his love for the outdoors and continue with your videography of your offshore adventures.

With heavy heart I offer my condolence to family and to all who lives he touched.

Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Bullshipper

Post by Bullshipper »

What a guy, then, now and forever.

Jeffry Genge
Mexico/California
feeling07

Post by feeling07 »

Cody, I feel so sorry for your loss. Its really awful tragedy. I know its hard time for you but its all in God's hand. My deeply condolences for you. I pray to God for you and your family.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic