Mission Marine

General boating discussion
Bob5292

Mission Marine

Post by Bob5292 »

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Mission Marine Boats out of Ohio. I've seen them listed on eBay a few times. They have a 30 foot cat with a pair of 2005, 250hp Verados on eBay right now for $250,000 and say it retails for $334,000. Seems a bit high for what looks like a basic aluminum center console cat, with outboards.

Bob
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

I AGREE

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Bob,
I couldn't agree more with you. Mission is more a GSA Military play than a recreational play IMO. You can get a lot more boat out of Maxwell for the same or less money. Have you seen Florida Catamaran who builds a 36-footer that is pretty sweet looking? Also Tecknicraft with the Hysu foil on there cats are more my style. Marty
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
skypoke

Post by skypoke »

Bob,

The mission boat is an older Morelli and Melvin design. I'd encourage anyone thinking of a craft along these lines to give Pete Melvin a call. He did a 34' or thereabouts waterjet hydrofoil supported alloy cat, plans are available for that. I corresponded with the guy who had it built and runs it out of S. Ak, he raves about it. Calls it his water borne 4X4, has a deck crane on it and carries a pair of ATV s on it for remote hunting expeditions. He is very very happy with it in all respects.

Ironwood, you might consider having a talk with Pete about your design concept. Might find you like a derivative of this cat. It's one tough lookin motor scooter.

Anyhow, consider this a plug for Morelli and Melvin. My conversations with them have left me feeling real comfortable about dealing with em. Down to earth plus they design and provide cut files for their own hydrofoils rather than having to pay 10K+ to buy rights for one.

And no, before it's asked, the guy with the cat above has not had foil fouling or damage even running in the snag infested waters in his area.

Chuck
Texian, born and bred.
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Sounds interesting! Do you have any contact info on him? Thnks. Mty
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
skypoke

Post by skypoke »

Marty,

www.morellimelvin.com will get you to the site, email link is there.

Chuck
Texian, born and bred.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic