divider in front storage area of blacklab

General boating discussion
FishMagnet

divider in front storage area of blacklab

Post by FishMagnet »

Anyone use a divider/have a picture of one ....in the front storage area of their boat? I thought I saw a picture somewhere on the forum but can't find it now. If an anchor(s) and rode are kept in there, how do you keep it from banging around?

Thanks
welder
Site Admin

Re: divider in front storage area of blacklab

Post by welder »

I have the 5' casting deck with a divider . Mine is a rode locker and the Anchor stays on the roller and chain goes to a cleat then down the hole.
Anchor can be seen in my Sig pic. the locker easily holds my 300' of rode, there is also a EYE in the locker to tie off the end of your rode.
Pass the standing part [ The end ] of your rode through the eye and bring it back up above the deck and tie a Boline in it so you don't do a Gilligan .
The divider does not come all the way up to the casting deck , it has enough clearance to get your arm in there through the deck hatch. It has a extrusion on it so you don't cut your self .
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

My BIL with a red . Look at the Deck hatch and casting deck.

Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
peterbo3
Contributor

Post by peterbo3 »

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1057
This works. Keeps the spare pick out of the rope locker but easily accessable.
Regards,

Pete in Brisbane
v26wa

Post by v26wa »

Here is my anchor set up with a divider in the middle. Each side has 300' of rode. I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for ?
Attachments
0fc1_3 [640x480].jpg
0fc1_3 [640x480].jpg (44.62 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I have a "BULKHEAD", in my front storage "BOW DECK".

6- PFD's and a life ring up front, then the bulkhead, then a "In & Out" anchor spot.
Boat-8-.jpg
Boat-8-.jpg (37 KiB) Viewed 3500 times
Ya may see it here: It works GREAT. Since I do all kinds of "artistic anchoring" I don't want my anchor not availble to move about the bow of the boat, as in: off a sprit or pulpit/roller.

Believe me if you're going thru Jay at BLM he knows all about what everyone has on various boats.
It's as easy as just sitting down with him and discussing it. That's all I did. And Pacific was more than accomadating.

So ya don't have to sweat the small stuff......just don't pet the sweaty stuff!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I almost had the same exact thing as the other photo posted up above built, but didn't want to loose my bow deck space for cast net tossing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic