Adding a raw water wash down to a 26WA

General boating discussion
v26wa

Adding a raw water wash down to a 26WA

Post by v26wa »

Hello all, I just bought a 26' Black Lab & need to install a washdown / livewell pump. what is the best way to go about this. I would rather not compromise the bottom of the hull ? Anybody have anything they rigged up? Thanks for your input!!
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

v26wa , first off, WELCOME to the site.

Now where are ya located ?

Is there a grate already welded in on the bottom Port side back near the transom, if there is YOUR IN LUCK. Then its a simple plumbing deal.
If not you might need a welder .

Your location has alot to do with what you need , like another owner can show ya his . Just let us know.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
v26wa

Post by v26wa »

thanks welder, im in boston, ma. I dont think there is a grate there.I was thinking one of those transom attached pumps ??? but im lookin for beter ideas.
Bob5292

Post by Bob5292 »

I am not sure if something like this would fit. But its a little diffrent way of doing things. I had this done to my old Raider for the washdown and livewell. The Livewell would fill without using the pump while running.

Bob
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Click on the Blacklab banner on the right side of the page then email Jay , he will help you for sure .
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

You sound like me wanting rub rails down the side of my boat.

With out a thru-hull and valve, I think ya maybe "outa-luck".

Like me it would have been best to have the factory way done. I have a washdown/baitwell pump and it's plumbed with a piece of pipe from transom to the welded scoop. For zero comprimises.

I was told the rub rails were difficult but do-able, and better when factory done. I think, having the wash down myself done by the factory, you're looking at somekind of "hole" in the boat.

Been there, seen that on another BLM/Pacific and was glad I didn't do it that way. I like the way mine is.

I can get ya some up close photos soon when I have a moment, of how mine was done at factory. I only see and EZ and feasible way it to drill a hole thru the boat and add a scoop thru-hull, and then plumb.

So now is when ya tell me, "I have rub rails on my 26!!"

And I get jelous. :roll: :roll:

Have ya posted pics of your boat yet?

We'd love seeing a fellow Labber or west coast Pacific type.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

I made an aluminum "L" bracket and mounted it on the ports side transducer plate that is welded to the transom. That is now your mount for a pickup.

From there I used a hose and routed it through the motor well and through the transom via a bulkhead fitting.

The pump is mounted on the wash down bracket which should already be in place in the transom storage area

An Attwood on/off fitting is secured/mounted in the starboard/transom corner just above the trays (if you have them) and the hose lays in the trays.

Works perfect, no holes through the hull, and very easily done.
I used a Jabsco ParMax 4 pump.

I'll get you pics the next time to the boat........don't know when that will be though. Boat in RI, and I'm in W. Mass

If you need "L" aluminum I can send you a piece......we have a ton at the shop
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

There ya go.....essentially the same thing the factory does with hard alloy pipe!

I can picture it, AlloyToy. But yeah a photog would be better.
Although if I take a pic of mine he can see it could be done with a plastic pipe too, on that second T-ducer plate.

Yeah..!

Stand-by for pics I'll post.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

I'll dig through my LIE BERRY :D of photo's to see if I can offer something......
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Here's what I can give you fur now..........

Jay sent me a scImageoop, and I welded it to a pc. of alum. angle
JETTYWOLF

Factory Raw water pick-up on a Pacific/BLM

Post by JETTYWOLF »

The starting point.....welded scoop style strainer:

Heading up:

Into false transom, and inbetween transom motor mount, via hard pipe:

Into false transom space, to pump, and on to inside shelf, to hose:

What Alloytoy is saying is; you can do the same thing, just make a bracket to the "EXTRA" traducer mount, add scoop style strainer, and pipe with soft hose the same way...right on into the false transom and to a pump, and then too the shelf with a hose end fitting.

Those wintery guys, aren't as close to the boat as I am (mines 10 feet from my front door, and under a nice Carolina Carport...althought it's 78 degrees outside.

Just that EZ... :wink: :wink:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

How did ya sneak that one in on me Alloy? :? :?

I see your boats different than mine right off the git-go.

I have no angled piece going from my bracket/transom to my hull,
WHYCOM??

Ya'lll have that on the 23's? Jay?? Whatzup wit dat???

you did essentially the same deal ALLOY......so there ya go V26WA,. there ya have it.....if it all makes sense to ya out those photos.

Get an aluminum scoop, a piece of angled aluminum, bolt it to your second T-ducer mount pad, measure a piece of hose up to the false transom, add a double ended thru-hull (nipple dealie), and then iside the space, add pipe to a mounted pump, then from the pump come off with a piece of hose to a nipple-hose bib, and then to the washdown hose.

You maynot get the hose bib into the corner near and above the shelf, unless you have a one foot tall (lil person....need to be P.C.) but, you could mount the hose bib on the inside of the false transom plate, beside the stern hatch there.

EZ as pie....especially if your doing it not me. :roll:
Last edited by JETTYWOLF on Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
v26wa

Post by v26wa »

Thanks Alloy , that seems the way to go. I'll wait for more pics as I have many ?'s. Capt Dave, rubrails ? I dont get it ? I dont think I have rub rails ?
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

if you did you'd know what I'm talking about....because we're all about education, here ya go:
http://www.pacificskiffs.com/comml_site_037.htm

I put all ya need to do in my last post, and make what I have out of some angle and hose yourself. Alloy did the same deal as I have from the factory, with hose pipe what it seems.

Hell ya got a ways till spring, right?

how long have you owned your boat, because if you don't mind me saying so, it seems like, not too long?

LOOK at this photo:
See where the pick-up scoop is welded, take one of them, Jay can get ya one, and make an angled piece of aluminum, attach the scoop, to the transducer pad and run a hose up to the false transom, same place the hard pip is going on this boat, to get water in the storage space, inside the door attach a pump, and then plumb to a hose connector:
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/ ... 4_67907123
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Capt. Dave,

The gussett is there as I have the door and swim platform/ladder on that corner. The starboard side does not have it.

26wa very easy to do. You'll understand it once I get you pics.

Dave, my boat had a bracket in that transom compartment to mount the pump up off the floor of the compartment.

26wa, I added a small hatch to aces the starboard transom corner. It allowed acces to the starboard transom corner.......see it hear in this picImage
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Okay.....I forgot some have Tuna doors. Don't catch no charlies, so neo need for a door.

My dad thought I need one for old folks to walk in the boat at the dock.
I told him, if they can't step in they don't need to be going fishing with me, cuz life ain't getting any easier when we leave the dock!

He also had me buy deck chairs, which are okay.

Man, V26WA is already thinking about all the stuff he didn't get, when he ordered the boat, I guess.

It took me 15 months to realize I'd like to have rub rails and a windshield wiper! (damn I love my boat!!) even though. It's so mean compared to everyone elses. They're all scared of me at the dock. Maybe I need to slow down, huh?

Ever notice how good our boats back down compared to some others?
I think I can go 20 kts in reverse off the trailer.

C'C'C'mon.......... :idea:
v26wa

Post by v26wa »

thanks alloy & capt dave.
Alloy, i need to folow you to the cod grounds, that looks like a banner day!! I have untill may to get the livewell working (mackrel). I appriciate all your help!!!
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

You bet!!!! Where you otta? I launch at Green HABA :D

Here is a pic showin the fitting & hose. Same pic different angle......

Hose is out of the way in this location.

Any pics of your craft?

v26wa

Post by v26wa »

Im in boston. I love early season Stellwagen cod!! maby one day I'll get a close up of your rig.
pics to come soon!
warthog5

Post by warthog5 »

I'm not a Big fan of this setup. Big Time trip hazard!

I'd just have that welded in the bottom of the boat or go to Marline type scoop- Seacock.

It always makes me laugh at people that are scared to put a hole in the bottom of their boat.

I ain't scared. This football shaped hole is 6in wide and 9in long for the install of a B-260 X-ducer. granted it is a NON ALLOY boat, but a hole is a hole.

"Just 'cause it's New, doesn't mean it's worth a Damn."
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Wart, the pipes no trip hazard, because you're not there but for two seconds stepping in the boat, if you go in this way. As I do from a step stool from the stern in the driveway only.

Most would have the tuna door right there, instead of what I do step over the false transom, and in......I guess going over that transom could mean
experience in the hurdles could mean "trip hazard" for someone who doesn't belong there.....key word, very "handicapped".

I go over the side off the trailer fender mostly, can't wait t6o still do that when I'm 80 or up my Ladder at the bow.

The no holes thing, is a "state of mind" thing I guess. Add a hole equals adding a bilge pump (and I guess they all come with bilge pumps now as per Jim @ Boe Marine said)

As long as the whole rig is simple, uncluttered, efficiant, and clean, I'm smiling. :D And that's what mine is. The ole "Less is More", kinda thang.

It's not that they are scared, it's just uneccessary on our boats.
That's all.
NUKE

on the cheap

Post by NUKE »

The Photo that ALLOY TOY posted ilistrates what can be done at the time of construction ,very nice indeed .also top dollar ... If you are looking to do something on the cheap but very efective , pick up a wash down pump kit 100.00 to 180.00 at your local marine supply store .locate the pump in the same area as Alloy is, it is open space in the transome when Batteries are located foward in the console. Plumb both in and out lines to Quick conection fitings in either the door area or just next to scupper .run the pickup out the scupper put the flex hose that came with the kit on the out connection and use as wash down or connect to l/well . my design drains out the scuppers but you could have an above the waterline through hull to drain the L/W .
NUKE
warthog5

Post by warthog5 »

We actually hang out a lot of times on a swim platform. My brother has been known to fish right there. Sometimes he stands on top of the transom cap.

He does have a little Monkey in him. HeHe
"Just 'cause it's New, doesn't mean it's worth a Damn."
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Warthawg, Oh........one of those people, that would never fish with me. Gotcha....
as soon as some WHOYAH, wants to go out there on my boat gets the Wrath O' Cappy Dave on his Azz.

Nuke.......I did the Tutorial, took the photos and have tried to decipher the Un-Technical garble to V26WA, who didn't get a wash down/baitwell system. And he hasn't gotten the boat yet.
v26wa

Post by v26wa »

thru hull is installed. tell me what you think ??

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic