Why I love my alloy boat...

General boating discussion
Gerberman

Re: Why I love my alloy boat...

Post by Gerberman »

What do the new outriggers look like Case, You got my interest up. Later, Gerberman
Oregon,and Alaska, fisherman 34 foot Aluminum boat.
CanCanCase

Post by CanCanCase »

Gerberman wrote:What do the new outriggers look like Case, You got my interest up. Later, Gerberman
You mean I gotta post photos before you get to come see in person? ;-) I'm still getting over the adrenaline from running this bar for the first time watching breakers higher than my cabin less than 20' on either side of me.

I suppose after a weekend relaxing with family I could be persuaded to get a few pics taken and up here. I'm sure " Team AluminumAlloyBoats.com" would appreciate it! ;-)

- Case
M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Charleston, OR
Boating is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
jrogers
Donator '08

Post by jrogers »

Case,

Man, that is a lot of rod holders. I only get to use one pole per person, and I don't have near that many friends. So have you caught a tuna yet? I just saw a show on SE Alaska on whatever they show is with the Go Fisch (Outdoors Adventures?). They were at Pelican and Elfin Cove, and hit the Kings at Deer Harbor -- I was SO CLOSE.. Wish I would have tried there on my way up. Oh well, I have a year on the boat now, maybe in a year or so I will move up to a 35 so I can do the run up SE Alaska again...

Jim
Jim

jrogers
Donator '08

Post by jrogers »

Case,

Please post a pic with all 28 rod holders in use!

Jim
Jim

CanCanCase

Post by CanCanCase »

Hi Jim!

All the charters and lodges in Elfin fish Deer Harbor. I've been down there a few times and if you know the tides it can be lights out king fishing. I've hit 4 guests with a 2 fish per person limit in under an hour before.

Tuna is about done here. Weather is setting in and I'm rigging crab pots and planning for next summer.

Ha... Not only can you only fish one rod per man, but no more than 6 lines can be in the water at any time too. In OR, as long as I'm offshore fishing for tuna, I can use as many lines as I can manage. Right now that's 12 trolling rods, 2 hand lines and a half dozen spinning rigs standing by to cast at jumpers when we get close.

You should bring your boat down here next summer so to fish the tournament series!

- Case
CanCanCase

Post by CanCanCase »

jrogers wrote:Case,

Please post a pic with all 28 rod holders in use!

Jim
LOL .... I will just as soon as I have 28 rods to put into use!
Anyone want to contribute to the "dress-the-CanCan-like-a-porcupine-fund"???

- Case
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic