Enclosing my V2325 center console

General boating discussion
elsmanwaterman

Enclosing my V2325 center console

Post by elsmanwaterman »

I have a Pacific V2325 center console with T-top and recently have found myself wanting to have an enclosure, or pilot house, but not out of canvas, probably out of aluminum. I have considered doing it with canvas, but since the boat is aluminum, and canvas doesn't last forever, I think aluminum would be better. I'm thinking that I want a door of sorts, and I'm entertaining a design that different panels could be pinned into and out of place for removal.
Has anyone attempted to do this? Even though I don't want to use canvas, if anyone has made an enclosure out of any material for this boat or one of the other similar center consoles, I'd love to see some pix and hear your thoughts.
Thanks
Steve
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Re: Enclosing my V2325 center console

Post by AlloyToy »

First off welcome to AAB :thumbsup:

Jay had a boat out East here that was a V2325HT and the guy enclosed the helm area with plywood. He had windows in it ect......not that bad looking

He also had a guy whom built alum doors that swung open or closed. When closed it would enclose the helm area.

A good aluminum fabricator could build nice sides I would be willing to bet.

Good luck and let's see some pics of your craft :thumbsup:
AT
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Welcome Elsmanwaterman Steve, I like that Idea of Aluminum Panels, if you do that project please post some pictures. We like pictures here on AAB. This is what I love about aluminum you can modify it to your hearts content.

Mine is enclosed and love it. Some of the guys out here inclose with Canvas and they look and hold up fine.

During a meet and greet it is great to see others boats and their modifications.

Hows is the Bay Striper, Sturgeon and Halibut fishing????

Enjoy that fishing machine of yours

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

MoJo looking back your boat in a 26 is what I wish I bought....love it :thumbsup:
Tin Cup
Donator10, 22

Post by Tin Cup »

I have a 20' pacific that has had similar work done to it. The original owner had a hard top fabricated and bolted directly onto the center console. It ain't pretty but it works great for me. The first picture shows the vertical grab rails that I added in the spring. Hope this helps.
Attachments
IMG00016 00000.jpg
IMG00016 00000.jpg (185.29 KiB) Viewed 8999 times
IMG00019 00000.jpg
IMG00019 00000.jpg (184.92 KiB) Viewed 8975 times
marc_striper_9-09.jpg
marc_striper_9-09.jpg (119.24 KiB) Viewed 8974 times
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

AlloyToy wrote:MoJo looking back your boat in a 26 is what I wish I bought....love it :thumbsup:
I thought the dream was now a 28 custom RS, Alloy :?:

I believe you're looking at extensive modification to your "hardtop"?? T-top?? (we'd need to see a pic of the boat.) There's Hard tops then there's tubular t-tops.

Let's see what ya got.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

JETTYWOLF wrote:
AlloyToy wrote:MoJo looking back your boat in a 26 is what I wish I bought....love it :thumbsup:
I thought the dream was now a 28 custom RS, Alloy :?:
Down the road the RS 28 or I will build my own........just wish I had the cabin now...especially heading into the fall fishing
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

There's not a dang thing wrong with this....very versatile. Looks good and doesn't hurt boat value one bit.
Start doing non-factory modification and as we've seen here before, the value kinda goes down.
(remember the boat with hard top "wings and struts" everyone??)

I've had this sort of deal on a tubluar t-top, and really liked it. On in winter, off in summer......
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

What I did:

elsmanwaterman

Post by elsmanwaterman »

Took me a while to figure out how to draw this up but here is what I'm thinking.

I used Sketchup 8 to draw 3D model. I don't know if this is going to work but...here it goes.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... cd4e820645

I need a good fabricator for this to happen.

Steve
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

Nice job on the schematic. :thumbsup:

Having a place to escape the elements on that long ride back is a game changer isn't it?
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

See what Alloy Toy did........that's what ya do.

Enclose with eisenglass and canvas. If you screw around bolting this welding that to the boat, good luck getting any re-sale value. Jus, my .02 cents.

A well appointed eisenglass/canvas job will "ADD" value to your boat, rather than taking it away.

We've seen alot of "Re-designed" and not well boats here on AAB.com
Not all boats can be all things... ""another .02 cents"" or made into all things.

Ya just maybe able to buy Mojos boat pictured above if he never uses it.... :rotfl:

One of the best "conversions" I believe to date on this forum was CHAPS' conversion to I/O to O/B, and the way he did it.
Or better yet..."had it professionally done by experts". Not many search out old I/O boats any longer. So his improvements were right on the mark, and it looks awesome.
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

JETTYWOLF wrote:See what Alloy Toy did........that's what ya do.

Ya just maybe able to buy Mojos boat pictured above if he never uses it.... :rotfl:

I just ran into Kenny down at the marina (he was delivering a very serious looking RIB to it's new owner)...he just was saying that we gotta get that mizer craft on the water. I haven't spoken to Mojo in a long time. Mojo, you out there??
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Hmmmm.........Dave ya jus' gave me a bizness opportunity idea :idea: :idea: :idea:

Go to boat storage facilities, and marina's, scope out for a year or so. Get in with the people who run them. Then get the phone number list of the boats that just sit there.

(pick only the ones that look like they may run, profile and be selective...hell, it's just a part-time gig.)

Call and offer a service. For just $500 bi-yearly, (ya know, during those times when the sun isn't shining, and people are hard at making all those big bucks) we'll come and run your boat for you once a month. In the water at the ramp/launch if real close, on a 100% trailer, or on a hose, or sitting at a dock.

Get just 20 clients and there's a cool 10K a year part-time work.

-Some cans of ether
-A few battery jump start pac's
-A set of jumper cables
-A official Captain's hat
-Be Bonded and insured

and there ya go, :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

elsmanwaterman wrote:Took me a while to figure out how to draw this up but here is what I'm thinking.

I used Sketchup 8 to draw 3D model. I don't know if this is going to work but...here it goes.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... cd4e820645

I need a good fabricator for this to happen.

Steve
Very nice layout :thumbsup: Thought about doing the same thing before my "wings"

Here are my thoughts after considering exactly what you are considering and making cardboard templates to "get the feel":

The standard pilot house is too small to fully enclose. I'm 6' and 220 pounds and most of the guys I fish with are at least that size....... very cozy fully enclosed

Sight restrictions while trolling offshore.......

Most guys want some room to move on the long offshore journeys with protection.....once whomever steps outside of the enclosure they are wet period especially in 2-4 footers. Pacific's are wet!! :idea:

Between my reverse chine rail (Pacific has no reverse chine) and wings (everybody I talk to in the NE is looking for a "dry solution" for their Pacific I have established a pretty dry comfortable ride......but it took me a lot of trial and error to get to this point

The other choice is to keep four foul weather suits onboard :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Good luck as I said it's just my opinion.....

Happy New Year :beer:
Attachments
reverse chine.jpg
reverse chine.jpg (12.97 KiB) Viewed 8369 times
Pacific Alum  Boat with spray wings 002 copy (2).JPG
Pacific Alum Boat with spray wings 002 copy (2).JPG (135.41 KiB) Viewed 8369 times
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Some of us don't plan on selling our abortions. We are quite happy. :rotfl:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

AlloyToy,

Where's yer livewell????? On yer 23 HT.

Boy 'O boy, it just seems to me that most of the world of boating isn't fit for center consoles. But, people buy them anyhow and then complain. (how 'bout that KELPER, commercial fishing out of his 19 CC in Alaska, now there's a tough guy)

Makes ya think, "am I as tough?" "hmmmm?"

That's where having a "sea daddy" comes in. I have one, do you?

A sea daddy is someone you trust, that has been at this boating, fishing, and on the water game way longer than most people will work thier 40 hr a week j-o-b. He's been successful and has the wrinkles in his face to prove it. He's the one that sets ya straight when you go off in some wacko direction, and brings ya down to reality. Problem is, many don't have a sea-daddy, before spending the big bucks, or ever have one.

Places like AAB.com then become sort of a """sea-daddy serigate""""......sort of. :banghead: :banghead:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic