water in the "bilge"

General boating discussion
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Yep, the older ones over a year or so, it seems. Per what Jay said.

But now they seem to have them, I heard because of shipping overseas (?)

I know it's nice not having to worry about another pump and all that jazz.

I have one pump and it's my combo baitwell/washdown. Thats it.

I don't have one and never had a need for one yet.
NUKE

Post by NUKE »

fishontop wrote:That's great info Nuke. Thank you. My boat is a 2002 and perhaps the hatches are starting to wear. I actually have a pair of aluminum hatches (same size) that I am considering replacing my older armstrong hatches with. These are high end hatches, but it would mean drilling holes around the circumference of the hole for the screws. (See attached) If the armstrongs are proven reliable hatches, I dont' know that I want to fix it if it isn't broken, so to speak. What I like about these aluminum hatches are they are very low profile and watertight. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

nice hatches indeed but the gasket only seals the hatch to the mounting ring . drilling not a problem if you seal the ring to the deck and mounting holes .or you could weld insted.
the Armstrong's pull themselves into the deck as you screw ,and the water seal o ring is squished into the deck by the pressure exerted by you. the plastic cover can get distorted by exposure to the sun in time (cupped) and some times the screw and clamp asembly won't have enough pressure to seal the deck, New Armstrongs will solve that but you can make those hatches you have work with some adheasive to seal the voids and screww holes.. pictures after please !
NUKE
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic