Urgent! Help Save the OBX!

General boating discussion
FairWeather

Urgent! Help Save the OBX!

Post by FairWeather »

Guys, I know this isn't the proper area to put this post, but Les & I feel it is important as we need all the help we can get! It's happening in the OBX could be your area next!!!

To All,

I know this belongs in the Carolinas Section but I figured maybe you guys "outside" of the OBX could help us out also. So here's what we got.

Here's the deal....

There is a group of people that are trying trying to shutdown all beach driving in Southern Dare County (Hatteras Island) along with Hyde Country (Ocracoke Island). Long story short they are trying to do so because it believed (by them) that it is effecting the enviroment. For those of you have have never been to Hatteras Island or Ocracoke Beach Driving is a must. Honestly if they are to close down beach driving in these places there will be a SERIOUS effect on the Economy of these areas.

These areas are known for the surf fishing and require beach driving to get to the fish, among many other things.

This post is not intended to anger anyone, so if it does please PM me and let me know and I can take down the post, but I was just hoping some of you guys would be willing to try to help us fight this.

Please visit the following link for tons of information about this.

http://www.islandfreepress.com

If you wish to help please follow the following link

http://www.savehatterasandocracoke.com

And click on Plea Cast & fill out the information. Please only fill out the information once as if they recieve a bunch of Pleas from one IP address they won't accept the Plea.

Thanks again all, this is something that is very important to me!

Matt

P.S. OBX Guys Chime in and give us your thoughts!

P.P.S. Please Help Spread the Word. We need all the help we can get!
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Matt, I'm in brother.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Going the way of 99.99 % of all of Florida.

Here it's all for Condo's man, Condo's! Hell with the enviroment.
skypoke

Post by skypoke »

Fight it. The Texas open beaches act which provides public access to all beaches still stands despite continual onslaught of special interests who would love to see it gone. I wish you guys luck.

Chuck
Texian, born and bred.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic