Alloy after the Tsunami

General boating discussion
welder
Site Admin

Alloy after the Tsunami

Post by welder »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyGaoTgq ... re=related

So sorry for the loss of LIFE and damage to property , it seems that catastrophe can happen ANYWHERE.

Treat every day as if it were your last.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: Alloy after the Tsunami

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I try too......but I'm not in Venice catching lots a fatty T-routz. So I sit here looking around AAB.com right now.

Hmmm, I'm so in a bubble didn't even know "it" hit anywhere on the US. All I saw was a glimpse of it on TV at my dads house and it was all Japan.

Looks like that Pacific will be just fine once they get it off the dry spot it's on.

Wow.
dirtrich

Post by dirtrich »

I'm feeling pretty good about my choice of an Alloy boat right now!
My boat was in the Santa Cruz harbour when the tsunami hit (which went on all day). I was on the end of the dock next to my boat with a 12 foot long (aluminum!) pole, fending off ALL kinds of stuff that was flying by. In the late afternoon the fine gentlemen at Aquarius boat works hoisted my boat out of the water for me...one of three boats they were able to pull out that afternoon :thumbsup:
I was down there working on it yesterday when a news crew showed up to give me my 15 seconds of fame....I think I only got about 8 or 9 seconds though :highfive: My part starts at about 55 seconds into it. If you haven't already the action shots from that day, google tsunami santa cruz. Intense!
http://www.ksbw.com/video/27195924/detail.html
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Nice job Dirtrich!!

That first video was very well done. That Pacific looks like it will be just fine.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

100 if not thousands of $$ to repair? come on those zinc's needed to be replaced years ago.
Attachments
zinc.png
zinc.png (187.22 KiB) Viewed 4979 times
dirtrich

Post by dirtrich »

21ftcc wrote:100 if not thousands of $$ to repair? come on those zinc's needed to be replaced years ago.
:rotfl: Actually, those zincs were in great shape until I hit them with the pressure washer! It's not visible in the video, but I was pointing to a teeny-tiny little tear in the weld where they attached the trim tab mount.
I guess the news guy was pretty desperate for some film footage, I had a scratch here, a small dent there....I was extremely fortunate.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Hey Dirtrich...

Get on it quick, hurry up and get T-shirts printed up saying MY Boat Survived the "TSUNAMI OF 2011"...but you'll only be able to sell them to other alloy folks.

Merit badges of alloy honor. Think of it that way.

Big W once told me, Dings, Scratches, and Scrapes ain't nothing but Merit badges for us, while them crushed and battered clorox bottles will need more than just new egg shell.

Still, pretty damn WOW all kiddin' aside.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic