Bildge pump on pacific?

General boating discussion
fatcow

Bildge pump on pacific?

Post by fatcow »

Do anyone of u guys have one. Just wondering how u mounted it and if u have any pics or advice on how to install one down there. Never had an issue with lots of water in the bilge but would like to install one to be safe. Thx
welder
Site Admin

Re: Bildge pump on pacific?

Post by welder »

Open the hatch on your swim step and look down in there , there should be a bracket to mount the pump in/on .
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
fatcow

Post by fatcow »

When u open the hatch theres a bracket w/hole cut out. Do u put the pump right inside the hole? How do u screw it in? Where do u run the hose? thanx
SJD

Post by SJD »

curious what year/model of pacific do you have? I have a v20/25 hardtop 2005 with no bilge pump. I have never seen any water in the bilge whatsoever. I considered installing a bilge pump but decided against it to keep things simple..
fatcow

Post by fatcow »

I have A 2005 23' hardtop. 90% of the time no water in there. On ruff days 3-5 footers i get some water in there. I think it comes from the brackets on the back. Replaced them and it worked. I also have seen water in the back where the wash down pump is so i unscrewed the 1/4 screw so the water drains into the bilge. If u look down ur gunnel's there is a hole at the end of them where water gets down there on ruff days. I just want the bilge pump just in case of an emergency. Better safe than sorry. That's why i asked the ? I was hoping some one could help me. :thumbsup:
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Fatcow, your hull is foamed in , you will not sink but you will sit a inch or so lower in the water if you filled it up while on the water .

I suggest you call Pacific and ask Julie what pump they use . Pacific now installs pumps , partially due to shipping over seas [ Got to have them ] and lots of people feel better with them on board.

Pacific will tell you what pump and where they dump it.
Lester,
SJD

Post by SJD »

fatcow can you post a picture of the gunnel holes? not sure what you mean.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

SHOP VAC.

That's what I use every few weeks, (BECAUSE I'm an anal SOB) to get the little bit of water that leaks by those crappy Armstrong deck plates!!

W, I see and have no bracket.

I don't want a electrical device down there.
fatcow

Post by fatcow »

talked to dan over at pacific. he told me on all new boats they weld a bracket down there and screw the bilge pump to it. i have a piece of aluminum they sent me years ago. im going to make a bracket and bolt it down there . I will post pics of my trial. Sjd will post pics as soon as i go to my boat.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

did Dan mention that they are installing pumps because of exporting to other countries?

Why was there none before and there is now? Customer pressure??
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

The bilge pump is a Johnson Ultimate 750 gph. However, they can install any size/capacity that wil l fit. Since his boat is a 2005, I'm not sure if there is a "cut out" on the center longitudinal to mount the pump to or not. Also the discharge is usually up on the transom locker near the vents.
Lester,
fatcow

Post by fatcow »

pump2.jpg
pump2.jpg (43.18 KiB) Viewed 7963 times

Here's what i got so far. There is a hole down on the center line. What i did was bend a piece of aluminum to bolt the bilge pump on. Then I'm going to bend it in the opposite direction and bolt it on the center line. Dan told me a rule 1500 fits in that hole. I had a 2000 laying around and its the same size as the 1500 so I'm going to use it. I,ll keep an update as i add it to my boat.
Todd
Donator '09

Post by Todd »

Fatcow,
here is what I did with my 2006 20 foot Pacific. Seems similar to what you are doing.

Todd
WAR HORSE
fatcow

Post by fatcow »

Todd thx for the pix. I was hoping somebody had pix. Great job
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I think it's obvious.....the dog "makes" that photograph!

Well. My 2006 Pacific has a hole in the that Keel box frame. Didn't know it was even for a pump. Go figure...
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

welder wrote:The bilge pump is a Johnson Ultimate 750 gph. However, they can install any size/capacity that wil l fit. Since his boat is a 2005, I'm not sure if there is a "cut out" on the center longitudinal to mount the pump to or not. Also the discharge is usually up on the transom locker near the vents.

"W", you have a bilge pump in yer boat??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic