Placement /Height of transom mount tranducer on Pacific.

General boating discussion
fatcow

Placement /Height of transom mount tranducer on Pacific.

Post by fatcow »

Just bought the tm260 and been out twice and im losing bottom at high speeds over 10knt. I had it maybe an inch under the hull and than moved it about an 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch over. Do u guys like it even to the bottom or under a little. Looking for suggestion on what could help. Even pics would be great. I have it mounted on the bracket that was there from original purchase.
Thx Bob
MacCTD

Re: Placement /Height of transom mount tranducer on Pacific.

Post by MacCTD »

I find having the transducer slightly lower in the rear helps it keep bottom at speed.
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Some one has to have a pic......we've only talked about this same subject many times thru the years.
Then, re-hash it all whith newer members. Alloytoy posted a pic once I remember. As did I, but that was on a now, destroyed computer.
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

The HDS system has two transducers...the long one is sidescan and is not in the water at speed the other is noraml view down...it is just below the hull so it can be on while running at speed..it even works well at 29 knots, yet it does kick up some spray by the motor...but it is worth it to know the bottom.

BTW, the sidescan one was readjusted after the first use to have it right at the bottom edge of the hull..these pics shows it lower. Having them side by side does not appear to have any issues in use. Capt PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic