Jet Boat ID

General boating discussion
sawedup

Jet Boat ID

Post by sawedup »

I've been watching Ax Men on the History channel lately and one of the boats they use to recover logs caught my eye. It looks like a BBF engine and Jacuzzi jet, but so far, no one has been able to tell me who the hull manufacturer is. Any ideas?

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: Jet Boat ID

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I seen that.

Down yonder, there doesn't have to be a manufacture. It could be built in someones back yard. Welder just met kin of Shelby's so you can ask him, to ask Shelby. Too bad he's on vacation doing all the tourist stuff :rotfl: :rotfl:

The WHY, is the question? I believe any boat can be made to use a jet, or modified. That things "first life" may have been for different purposes, ya never know.

Yeah, the swamp loggers are the only ones worth watching...All those a-holes yelling and screaming up north are irritating!
I only watch to see what that crazy Shelby's up too. I have a friend that acts just like him. But he's a commercial/charter fisherman instead. So I get reminded of his wackiness when I watch, swamp loggers. Shelby needs his own show and get rid of those Pacwest yellers.
Polywave

Post by Polywave »

Geeze I hope my boat doesn't wind up looking like this one! Actually, I'm a boat whore and think all boats look beautiful. :)
sawedup

Post by sawedup »

Yeah, it could very well be a homebuilt, though some of the features on the boat wouldn't lend themselves to an easy backyard build, namely the cambered bow cover and rolled gunnels. I assumed that his was all bashed in from the crazy antics, but it could have very well looked like that when it was new. I couldn't tell you why I'm so interested in this. Probably because it's such an ugly duckling and has a big block. By the time I figure it out, I could probably build one in the driveway. When Welder returns from Vacay, I'll be sure to ask him if he can find out for me.

Given the shape of the cab and windows, it could very well be an old Wooldridge, but most newer boats have a different shape to the nose, have an open bow and have three front windows. I haven't had much luck finding pictures of older model boats like this.

I found this one up north that was built by a company named Kellahan, but it looks like the front cab and stakes on the hull are a bit different.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

I was over at Shelby's cousins house yesterday [ No Kidding ] I'll see if I can find out who made it for ya .

:thumbsup:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
sawedup

Post by sawedup »

That would be great. Thanks Welder. :beer:

In case he's worried about it (read: not at all), I'm not planning on moving to the bayou and yanking logs with it. Just need something to terrorize the lakes of Southern MO and IL with, and it looks like the kind of boat that a guy like myself would drive.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

I ask Don [ who I'm staying and Fishing with ] and he named a small one off builder here that he thinks built it . I would give Jay Perrotta a call [ He is , RockSalt boats here on the forum ] He would be able to answer a lot of questions you may have regarding Material, construction, Power and design .

I got a glimpse of a 31 mono hull there building a few weeks ago down in Texas and all I can say is .....WOW !
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic