New Builder (Well, semi-new...or new to me...)

General boating discussion
Jay Perrotta
Sponsor/Donator

New Builder (Well, semi-new...or new to me...)

Post by Jay Perrotta »

Funny what happens when you are googling Moose Boats and do a typo to Moore Boats:

http://www.mooreboat.com

Almost flat bottomed so not my taste but there are some cool thoughts/ideas here.

I especially like the windshield treatment on the 28'.
Jay Perrotta
Napa Mike

Re: New Builder (Well, semi-new...or new to me...)

Post by Napa Mike »

that is a funny way to discover something. Did you watch the video? The boats can do some amazing things in shallow water. But the boat's uses are so limited that it could only occupy a small market niche.
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Jay, have you seen the Moose boats up close? Jaw droppingly cool craft IMO, at least the first ones that were built up here were. Amazing design and build, expensive too.
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

I've watched a lot of commercial/military builder videos recently and the many advantages the cat designs offer really let your mind wonder. Of course from my newness to this industry, one truly can say that the right tool for the job can be had if you ask enough folks. :thumbsup:

The Moose video was impressive and had some of the best bumper music I've heard. :clap: But readily available details like hull thicknesses and power info was lacking yet ballpark costs were there. Fair enough.
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Napa Mike wrote:that is a funny way to discover something. Did you watch the video? The boats can do some amazing things in shallow water. But the boat's uses are so limited that it could only occupy a small market niche.

REALLY????????

Why's that???? Ever see a 27' Carolina Skiff 30 miles offshore? I have, and a 17 footer won a sailfish tourney here one year!

Jay, thanks for the stuble upon. I love shallow, I love jets, and that has such a cool bow.
Keep us informed like that. The alloy boat world is larger than most people think.
Might post that Moore Boat on my blog to continue my pledge to educate all these Jax "glass 'necks" round here. :thumbsup:

DAMN I could get alot of service outa a boat like that in my area, especially that large. More trout dancing room!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic