Patience Saves a Crew

General boating discussion
Shark Bait
Donator 08, 11, 15, 17

Patience Saves a Crew

Post by Shark Bait »

Spoiled One - You did a good job!

Watch the entire video and you will understand http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4iBoL-KxS8

All joking aside there are some good lessons for all of us here.

SB
Illgotoo
Donator '12

Re: Patience Saves a Crew

Post by Illgotoo »

Sad story with a lucky ending.

I guess that notched transom didn't help their cause.
It's not getting what you want. It's wanting what you got. -Sheryl Crow

15' Stabi-craft
17' Safeboat
18' Eaglecraft
16' Eaglecraft
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Wow! A lot of things went right that day for those guys.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

You can say that again! Many events were just right! What a way to get a ride on a USCG boat! Did the radio work when it came out of the pack?

Makes me think that everytime I am in my small boat...My 'ditch bag' is waterproof in a place for free floating with waterproof radio and my PLB and I am wearing my flotation suspenders and or floatcoat. I have food and water in bag along with first aid and other singnal devices, maybe I should put some of the expired flares and smoke sticks in there too! when i had my charter boat i had to change out the expired stuff and stored it in the garage...one day i tested one which was 10 years old and it smoked the whole alley with red smoke..nobody was home next door..so they work for a long time...just don't show the inspection folks the old ones.

Those guys have lots to be thankful for! Capt PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
Illgotoo
Donator '12

Post by Illgotoo »

Lucky for sure that the radio popped up. Otherwise its a long swim back to shore.

What I don't get is the overdependence on the bilge pump. They blamed taking on water on a frozen bilge pump. Wouldn't you have to have a leaky hull in the first place to take on water like that? And if your hull is leaking aren't you putting a lot of faith in a single bilge pump? If your bilge pump stops working (as it did) or you somehow loose electric power, what, you sink?
It's not getting what you want. It's wanting what you got. -Sheryl Crow

15' Stabi-craft
17' Safeboat
18' Eaglecraft
16' Eaglecraft
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic