Armstrong Cat build

General boating discussion
Gypseas
Donator 14, 15

Re: Armstrong Cat build

Post by Gypseas »

Beautiful lines.... Congrats on your purchase!

Looking forward to build pics, August is just around the corner :beer:
Chtucker

Post by Chtucker »

Some more drawings. Working on the passenger seat to switch to forward facing.
Attachments
overhead.jpg
overhead.jpg (51 KiB) Viewed 15568 times
side interior.jpg
side interior.jpg (41.19 KiB) Viewed 15568 times
Napa Mike

Post by Napa Mike »

Looking good Howard. Have you seen the flip-flop style reversible benches? If you could fit one of those in for the passenger side, that might work for you.

Take care,
Mike
Chtucker

Post by Chtucker »

Napa Mike wrote:Looking good Howard. Have you seen the flip-flop style reversible benches? If you could fit one of those in for the passenger side, that might work for you.

Take care,
Mike
I asked and Armstrong doesn't do the flip style. The back should lift out of slots and you move the back.

What I am concerned about is the legroom by the cabin bulk head
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

NICE!!! Can't wait to see those pics! Speaking of the legroom issue for the pax...my charter boat of more than 34 years ago had a similar set up with dinette and pilot seat to starboard...so somebody rides facing aft! It is a better ride sitting further back by the head and facing forward. The seats having verticle backs is not going to be a comfortable place to sit for long unless the cushions are made with a rake...go look at some truck campers (RV) an see what they have done using cushion design. Also if it isn't easy to move the back to a different position, it most likely will not be used! Also if the foam of the cushion is too soft it is like sitting on a board especially if the cushion has no contours.

Just food for thought as I have been there!! In my two Lance campers and my charterboat.

I'd go Yamaha 300, then you can always pull them back for better economy and easy running...this is going to be a cool boat! Good luck! PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
Napa Mike

Post by Napa Mike »

Chtucker wrote:
Napa Mike wrote:Looking good Howard. Have you seen the flip-flop style reversible benches? If you could fit one of those in for the passenger side, that might work for you.

Take care,
Mike
I asked and Armstrong doesn't do the flip style. The back should lift out of slots and you move the back.

What I am concerned about is the legroom by the cabin bulk head
OK. Do you have to have a cuddy bulkhead where the passenger legs would go? Maybe a portion of the bulkhead could be removed so passengers could dangle there legs into the cuddy area. Just brainstorming for you.

Cheers,
Mike
Chtucker

Post by Chtucker »

That is what I am hoping, and some sort of fold down foot rest. I don't know if I will need a support or not.
waterdog247
Donator '10, '12, '13

Post by waterdog247 »

pjay9 wrote: It is a better ride sitting further back by the head and facing forward. The seats having verticle backs is not going to be a comfortable place to sit for long unless the cushions are made with a rake...go look at some truck campers (RV) an see what they have done using cushion design. Also if it isn't easy to move the back to a different position, it most likely will not be used! Also if the foam of the cushion is too soft it is like sitting on a board especially if the cushion has no contours.

Just food for thought as I have been there!! In my two Lance campers and my charterboat.
PJ

PJ is absolutely correct. Diversion has the removable dinette seat back. Thats not too much of a hassle. The width of the bottom cushion and the lack of any wedge make sitting there for long uncomfortable. The edge of the cushion hits me mid thigh. If i have to sit there, it usually ends up being sideways. A little more depth and a touch of wedge would make it much more comfy.
Napa Mike

Post by Napa Mike »

you are going to host a party on your new boat for your friends on AAB when it is done, right :-)
Chtucker

Post by Chtucker »

Napa Mike wrote:you are going to host a party on your new boat for your friends on AAB when it is done, right :-)
In addition to my useless skills, I am also a professionally trained chef (CIA)

I would be happy to do it now or when the boat is delivered at the show!
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

waterdog247 wrote:
pjay9 wrote: It is a better ride sitting further back by the head and facing forward. The seats having verticle backs is not going to be a comfortable place to sit for long unless the cushions are made with a rake...go look at some truck campers (RV) an see what they have done using cushion design. Also if it isn't easy to move the back to a different position, it most likely will not be used! Also if the foam of the cushion is too soft it is like sitting on a board especially if the cushion has no contours.

PJ

PJ is absolutely correct. Diversion has the removable dinette seat back. Thats not too much of a hassle. The width of the bottom cushion and the lack of any wedge make sitting there for long uncomfortable. The edge of the cushion hits me mid thigh. If i have to sit there, it usually ends up being sideways. A little more depth and a touch of wedge would make it much more comfy.
Jamie need a picture of the seat back please. for my R&D Research
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
waterdog247
Donator '10, '12, '13

Post by waterdog247 »

goatram wrote: Jamie need a picture of the seat back please. for my R&D Research
Rgr, deployed right now. Will get you pics early next week.
Napa Mike

Post by Napa Mike »

Chtucker wrote:
Napa Mike wrote:you are going to host a party on your new boat for your friends on AAB when it is done, right :-)

I am an amateur cook myself, but I would never say that making good food is a useless skill! Did you go to the CIA in Calistoga? Very cool!
Chtucker

Post by Chtucker »

Napa Mike wrote:
Chtucker wrote:

I am an amateur cook myself, but I would never say that making good food is a useless skill! Did you go to the CIA in Calistoga? Very cool!
Hyde Park, NY.. The main campus, California was just being finished when I graduated.
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

Chtucker wrote:

We can all drag our boat to Lake Wa and raft up someplace...FUN!!!! PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
Chtucker

Post by Chtucker »

So I have been home for the last three days with a sinus infection.

Standing firm on the Honda 250s. Will raise the bow railings up and add some cross bars with toe rails. I need to head down to P.A. To check out their thoughts on the dinette seat.

Going with Simrad electronics. I picked up a 12 NSE, GPS antenna and a 12 NSS of THT. Probably put NSE at the rear station. Looking for a 4G radar and rate compass. I haven't decided if I am going to go with Chirp for the sounder. I have two Standard Horizon 1200 radios. I might swap one out for AIS capable radio. I also have 2 Morad antennas from last year.

Been thinking about names:

Hans Christian Ørsted (H.C. Ørsted)? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Christian_Ørsted, First scientist to produce Aluminum

Or

Atomic 13 (Aluminum is 13 on the periodic table)

If you can't tell, I am chemistry nerd.
Napa Mike

Post by Napa Mike »

A chemistry or alloy inspired name is cool. I like names that take a minute or two to figure out. Just don't name her after a woman with two first names; that is so over done. :-)
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

I don't get the link to a music guy...did something get twisted?
Chtucker

Post by Chtucker »

Should have been this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Christian_Ørsted

For some reason the website is not transferring the link properly. If you cut and past the above it works.
Chtucker

Post by Chtucker »

mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

This ones for you Chtucker.

At one time Aluminum was more valuable than gold. A material only for Kings and rulers.

How about the periodic table atomic mass number
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Chtucker

Post by Chtucker »

Chtucker wrote:So I have been home for the last three days with a sinus infection.

Atomic 13 (Aluminum is 13 on the periodic table)

If you can't tell, I am chemistry nerd.
Atomic 13 is one of my other choices. I am not very superstitious, but the #13 on something that keeps me from having to tread water doesn't seem like a great idea... but I like "Atom 13'
Superfishial

Post by Superfishial »

Awesome boat- love those big cats! Going to be an EPIC build. Atomic 13 is a great name. Congrats! :beer:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic