20 ft center console

General boating discussion
azzdoc

20 ft center console

Post by azzdoc »

I am new to the forum and am starting to research 20ft center consoles.

Lots of good boat builders out there, but am leaning toward Daigle/Eaglecraft, LifeTimer, or Ironwood as they are all located in the general area of southern BC where the boat will get most use, and make tough boats for multi-purpose coastal use.

Question to any forum members with direct experience (good or bad) with these manufacturers boats. Any obvious pros and cons to each product or is the decision more pricing and subjective design preferences?

During my research on the internet I happened upon an advertising video for Langara Fishing lodge on north Queen Charlotte. They have a nice looking fleet of custom center consoles. Anyone know who made them?

Thanks in advance!
capesteve

Re: 20 ft center console

Post by capesteve »

pacific
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

nope, Ironwood (at Langara) Those are all good boats, go visit the facilities, the best one will become obvious
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

YEP, LOOK LIKE IRONWOODS TO ME.
[BBvideo 560,340]http://youtu.be/yVabdmSjUrI[/BBvideo]

I'D SHOOT FOR A WALKAROUND OPEN BACK MYSELF. WITH LOTS OF ROOM IN THE STERN TO BALL ROOM BATTLE. But that's just me. I tend to get "chilly"

Ball room baby! at 26'
azzdoc

Post by azzdoc »

Those Langara lodge Ironwood boats look like the type of thing I am looking for. Any experience with them? Looks like they have single 75hp. I was thinking 150hp and a kicker. ? Overkill
Napa Mike

Post by Napa Mike »

I think most folks would concur that 75hp is way too small for a 20 foot welded boat. But I can understand why you would want to put 75's on a fleet of boats to be used by folks of unknown skill and experience. For private use, a 150 or even a 200 with a 9.9 kicker would be about right. Very few folks complain about having too much power :-)

Cheers,
Mike
capesteve

Post by capesteve »

Napa Mike wrote:I think most folks would concur that 75hp is way too small for a 20 foot welded boat. But I can understand why you would want to put 75's on a fleet of boats to be used by folks of unknown skill and experience. For private use, a 150 or even a 200 with a 9.9 kicker would be about right. Very few folks complain about having too much power :-)

Cheers,
Mike

Definitely agree I have a 20" Pacific Hard top with a 135 Honda would not go lower and if had to do it again would go bigger
MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

I have a 90HP on my Pacific, tops out around 36mph. I used to think I wanted a 150HP but how I use the boat currently does not permit me to run above mid 20s 99% of the time. I used to use the boat on a lake in Maine, when I did that I could have used more speed but now just using it in the ocean I very rarely need more speed.
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic