Xpress Boats anyone?

General boating discussion
dawgaholic

Xpress Boats anyone?

Post by dawgaholic »

Welded down in Bonifay, FL, they make skiffs/river/lake small alloy boats. Weld quality shown on their site looked classy, wondering if any members have had experience with them. All I need is a 14-16 x 48" to fish here and am looking at jet ob setup for the rivers.
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: Xpress Boats anyone?

Post by Chaps »

There was a big discussion about Xpress boats over on THT awhile back, lots of good info as I recall
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Fished one down in Louisiana with a couple forum members here, pretty ok boat and priced good.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

Well I had a co worker at the Sheriffs office that had a 18 ft center console Xpress. Was a nice boat and well built. (.125 - 1/8" aluminum) Made near Hot Springs, Arkansas "Link to their web site"

I am also looking at possibly getting a 22 foot center console Xpress Hyperlift bay center console with a 200 Yamaha four stroke myself. The plate boats of that size are out of my price range at this time. I am NOT gonna wait 5-10 years before I could afford have a plate built like I want. (Heck I'll be 60-65 then, may not even be physically able to use it by then) Here are some pics of what I am interested in getting hopefully within the next year....... Not sure if I want to go with the T-top or not. Most likely will, but not sure yet.
Attachments
xpress22-1.JPG
xpress22-1.JPG (41.38 KiB) Viewed 4870 times
xpress22-2.JPG
xpress22-2.JPG (37.52 KiB) Viewed 4870 times
xpress22-3.JPG
xpress22-3.JPG (44.51 KiB) Viewed 4870 times
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Don, that is the most awesome Swap Cruzer, yeah, I'll ride with ya.
:thumbsup:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

welder wrote:Don, that is the most awesome Swap Cruzer, yeah, I'll ride with ya.
:thumbsup:

I like the blue stripe and gray/silver interior combo you and I saw color wise.

I don't think we will be able to go in as skinny of water we went in on some of our trips puttering around in the "Cajun Redneck boat" though........ Maybe you won't get AS wet in it when we sneak up on another gator sleeping. I still laugh about that one. :mrgreen: You backing up from the front of the boat as I pulled up right on the gater. Then it realizing we were there and making it's move to "Get out of dodge" getting you soaked. :roflmao: If only we had gotten that on the Go-Pro! :rotfl: Or the "Night run" where I told you to look down by the trolling motor just before it bumped the gator. Your reaction to the "Explosion" of the water was priceless.

IF we ever get MoJo down here after getting the "New Ride" I am SURE the days/nights on the water with the three of us would be quite "Interesting"...... :popcorn:
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

This is more $$$ than I will spend but this is the style I'm going to get: panfish series
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic